E3 2021 (June 10th - 15th) Starts today 2pm EST

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I knew I heard Garland somewhere. So the FF Origin thing is a FF1 reimagining, or a prequel to FF1?

Edit: Though I realize now, it kind of doesn't matter, lol.

Also, they completely changed the visuals of babylons fall, thats why its pointless to announce games that early. Its basically a completely different game. I am impressed though it looks like an action game where being a mage might actually be viable.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Surprised you haven't heard of Life is Strange. It's a choice based story game where your choices affect things as you progress. Sold over 3 million copies. People enjoy them not for the graphics but for the heavy focus on story and the characters. Telltale Studios (who shut down) put that genre of gaming on the map with The Walking Dead like a decade ago. Assuming you've at least heard of that one. Detroit Become Human on Playstation was proof they can still be done and sell well but they are few and far between now.

I've played Detroit Become Human. It was outstanding. But it also looked spectacular. Life is Strange looks like a PS3 game at best. The power of empathy? :biglaugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Nintendo and Bandai Namco might have some stuff, at least. Nintendo's due and Namco we know has a few things, though I dunno how much more they'll talk about Elden Ring. They'll probably just remind people that Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise are coming out. Maybe they're publishing the next rumoured ASW game as well.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Haven't been paying attention to rumors, but any chance of a Street Fighter VI? Been waiting for them to move on from V, which isn't the best (even though it's still closer to the kind of fighting game sensibilities that I'm interested in than what anyone else ever attempts).

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Haven't been paying attention to rumors, but any chance of a Street Fighter VI? Been waiting for them to move on from V, which isn't the best (even though it's still closer to the kind of fighting game sensibilities that I'm interested in than what anyone else ever attempts).
SFVI was revealed when Capcom had that huge data leak, but I think they're still making characters for V so it probably won't be revealed formally anytime soon.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
SFVI was revealed when Capcom had that huge data leak, but I think they're still making characters for V so it probably won't be revealed formally anytime soon.
The leak said it was planned for Q3 of this year, though, right (with expected pandemic delays)? So wouldn't this be the right time to start teasing it? Also, I assumed they released the last batch of characters-- are they still hinting at more?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The leak said it was planned for Q3 of this year, though, right (with expected pandemic delays)? So wouldn't this be the right time to start teasing it? Also, I assumed they released the last batch of characters-- are they still hinting at more?
There's still more that are coming from what I've heard. At the very least I don't think they've all been released yet.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
SF6 had a bunch of creative differences that ultimately led to Ono leaving the company. The recent continued support for SFV is only happening because they had to go back to the drawing board for 6.

What they've said about their E3 stuff makes it sound like it's not going to have anything new in it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Village getting DLC is the least surprising flip of philosophy in recent memory.

One of the few games i played where i wanted more because it was too short. Definitely down to give the DLC a whirl. Shit i''d even take a couple hours of playing as Chris and mowing down hordes of enemies lol. They'd be idiots not to capitalize on the success of the game.

All in all, a pretty underwhelming E3 but an understandable one for once given the obvious strain and difficulty that comes from trying to create AAA games in a world with a pandemic happening.

Also out of the "who asked for this?" folder;

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol pretty steaming pile of nothing from Capcom. From E3 in general really. Not surprising but still somewhat disappointing. Nintendo winning this year wouldn't even be impressive in the slightest. Not that winning E3 really matters much but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00