E3 2021 (June 10th - 15th) Starts today 2pm EST

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I wished they showed more of Starfield, but it must just not be at that level with the release date still a ways away. I knew they wouldn't show much when they trotted it out first

I also wished they gave a tiny teaser for TES6

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Forza Horizon V holy f*** lads!!!! Mexico seems like such a weird country and I personally would not have done it over Japan...but holy shit they made it look amazing! I am a bit worried about the lack of paved roads. Rallying is my favourite, which isn't a worry, but from FHIV it was really tough to drive with a Porsche, Lambo, or Ferrari in street performance off road.

- I love that Outer Worlds II trailer, won't buy it as I have to pick and choose my games nowadays, but they won my heart.

- Replaced looked like the most interesting game for me (with no expectations), I don't normally do 8 bit/2D games but that was very impressive in terms of visuals and unique game play.

- MS Flight Stimulator might honestly be the most gorgeous game ever made, I swear I thought I watching a real life scene.

Also memo to game companies: ENOUGH SHOOTERS.
Yeah, Redfall was super interesting for me, but after the 10,001th one shooter I was so burned out.

It seems that these companies are still doing what they consider to be strong in; MS with MP shooters, PS with story driven games, and Nintendo doing what they do best with their classic icons.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The value of Xbox Game Pass just keeps getting more and more insane...

Honestly, if Sony wasnt riding such an insanely big (and well-deserved) wave of goodwill off the PS4, they’d be in trouble.

It takes a while for the good work in the streets to start affecting the polls, but if Microsoft keeps it up, they’ll start gaining ground with hearts and minds in the mainstream.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah I'm not expecting that new Mass Effect game until like 2023 at the earliest.

The only way it could be sooner is if they started work on that as soon as Andromeda was done but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This Square Enix showcase may be the worst I have ever seen.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks meh and w/e this Life is Strange shit is... it should be blasted into the sun. It looks like a f***ing PS2 game.

Ok. Stranger of Paradise looks epic.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow that deep dive on True Colors just completely derailed what excitement I had for it.

"Empathy is my superpower?" Are you for real lmao. At least the first two life is strange games had a solid supernatural element to it. This is just garbage

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Wow that deep dive on True Colors just completely derailed what excitement I had for it.

"Empathy is my superpower?" Are you for real lmao. At least the first two life is strange games had a solid supernatural element to it. This is just garbage

The entire showcase was f***ing garbage. Literally the worst showcase I have ever seen in an E3.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Square Enix's new motto should be;

"If it's not Final Fantasy, similar to final fantasy or medieval fantasy, we can't make it"

No wonder why all the good shit under their umbrella comes from the publishing side.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

"If it's not Final Fantasy, similar to final fantasy or medieval fantasy, we can't make it"

No wonder why all the good shit under their umbrella comes from the publishing side.
Yep. The only thing I am moderately excited for is the Pixel remaster and Stranger of Paradise looks good - both in the FF series.

I dunno what got shredded harder by fans, the 20+ minute overkill of Guardians of the Galaxy footage or how incredibly boring, shitty and unnecessary True Colors is.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I wished they showed more of Starfield, but it must just not be at that level with the release date still a ways away. I knew they wouldn't show much when they trotted it out first

Considering Bethesda's track record, let's just hope Starfield isn't a complete buggy mess.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I have no faith in True Colors being good.

The first two life is strange games were legit enjoyable. Supernatrual background plot done with the foreground of teen/family drama? Solid.

This game though? "Empathy is my superpower." f***ing what? When they first showed it off it looked like the protag had the ability to screw with people's emotions to reveal some dark/spooky shit. Hence the name "True Colors"

That made it look like a shitty version of Inside Out with none of the charm

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That was absolutely BRUTAL from Square. Even that new FF game looked like absolute garbage. How about you just focus on adding more staff to your AAA games like FF16?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
- Forza Horizon V holy f*** lads!!!! Mexico seems like such a weird country and I personally would not have done it over Japan...but holy shit they made it look amazing! I am a bit worried about the lack of paved roads. Rallying is my favourite, which isn't a worry, but from FHIV it was really tough to drive with a Porsche, Lambo, or Ferrari in street performance off road.

If you have Game Pass, you can pre-install it already.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

.... and even if it is Final Fantasy, results are a mixed bag at best.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The highlight of Microsoft's event for me was The Outer Worlds 2 teaser (@6:02:23).
It seems that these companies are still doing what they consider to be strong in; MS with MP shooters, PS with story driven games, and Nintendo doing what they do best with their classic icons.

It makes sense for Microsoft. PC gamers aren't so much into story-driven games, instead preferring to make their own stories. If Microsoft were to go in that direction, they'd limit the appeal of their games. Instead, they're making (and buying the studios of) shooters and first-person RPGs, which appeal equally to PC and console players.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
That was absolutely BRUTAL from Square. Even that new FF game looked like absolute garbage. How about you just focus on adding more staff to your AAA games like FF16?

Probably saving that for Sony's own event (probably) coming with a month or so.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This Square Enix showcase may be the worst I have ever seen.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks meh and w/e this Life is Strange shit is... it should be blasted into the sun. It looks like a f***ing PS2 game.

Ok. Stranger of Paradise looks epic.

Surprised you haven't heard of Life is Strange. It's a choice based story game where your choices affect things as you progress. Sold over 3 million copies. People enjoy them not for the graphics but for the heavy focus on story and the characters. Telltale Studios (who shut down) put that genre of gaming on the map with The Walking Dead like a decade ago. Assuming you've at least heard of that one. Detroit Become Human on Playstation was proof they can still be done and sell well but they are few and far between now.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Surprised you haven't heard of Life is Strange. It's a choice based story game where your choices affect things as you progress. Sold over 3 million copies. People enjoy them not for the graphics but for the heavy focus on story and the characters. Telltale Studios (who shut down) put that genre of gaming on the map with The Walking Dead like a decade ago. Assuming you've at least heard of that one. Detroit Become Human on Playstation was proof they can still be done and sell well but they are few and far between now.
I could be wrong, but I read his comment as being dismissive of the specific installment that they showed, not not knowing what Life is Strange was.

Unrelated note, I thought Detroit Become Human had absolutely abysmal storytelling and characters in the typical David Cage way, personally. If it were a movie, it'd Razzie material, but the bar is low for videogames, I guess.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So if I remember correctly, Sony dropped out of E3 and seems they aren't in this one as well. Is there a game festival or expo when they reveal a lot of their upcoming titles?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad