Value of: Dylan McIlrath

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Brother, your team has so many issues of its very own, I would stop worrying about Ranger players.

Shouldn't you guys have a full all star team with all the high draft pick you've had over the past 20 years?

So, because my team has issues I'm not allowed to talk about other players or teams?

RED ALERT! HF POLICE!

What does my assessment of McIlrath have to do with the Isles? Are you incapable of assessing your D corps objectively?

Last edited by a moderator:

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Would have liked to see the Wings be able to take a shot on him. WOuld have to get rid of Smith first, which wouldnt at all be terrible

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I like MacIlrath, he is a nice kid but the truth is that currently he would occupy the 8th spot on the Rangers D and when Girardi and Holden are ahead of you, you kind of suck. I'd like to see him play, he was not horrible with Yandle. But AV doesn't like him.

This pick was a huge mistake by Sather. There were so many better players on the board at the time.....Tarasenko for one. Anyway, no worries, he is AHL depth and there are better players in the system.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
He was pretty good with Yandle but Yandle's not on the team anymore. That said I don't think he should have been behind Holden.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A lot of people like him because of his corsi. If he wasn't over 50%, I don't think people would care that much. He had by far the lowest D-zone FO% of the non Yandle and Boyle defenseman last season and he didn't play all that much. Give him Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, Klein's D-Zone FO's with the quality of competition they face, and he'd probably be in the 40's with his corsi percentage. Those people that claimed he was a good player would probably then say he's a 7D who can't skate, move the puck, play against players with speed or put up any offense.

I actually think McI is a #6 in the NHL right now with the chance to be a #4/5, but I think he's overrated because of his advanced stats. The Rangers just don't have the need for his skill-set.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A lot of people like him because of his corsi. If he wasn't over 50%, I don't think people would care that much. He had by far the lowest D-zone FO% of the non Yandle and Boyle defenseman last season and he didn't play all that much. Give him Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, Klein's D-Zone FO's with the quality of competition they face, and he'd probably be in the 40's with his corsi percentage. Those people that claimed he was a good player would probably then say he's a 7D who can't skate, move the puck, play against players with speed or put up any offense.

I actually think McI is a #6 in the NHL right now with the chance to be a #4/5, but I think he's overrated because of his advanced stats. The Rangers just don't have the need for his skill-set.

Please stop trying to use advanced stats.

It's much better when you just ignore them.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Says the individual who said advanced stats proved McIlrath was better than Fowler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad