Value of: Dylan McIlrath

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Interesting project. I think he still needs some more AHL time. But, if he cleared waivers and came via trade, he's someone I wouldn't mind my team trying to develop.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lmao wheres that one Ranger poster that compared him to Shea Weber after he had 1 good game?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Interesting project. I think he still needs some more AHL time. But, if he cleared waivers and came via trade, he's someone I wouldn't mind my team trying to develop.

I am not sure he is too much more of a project now. Where he is at is closer to where he likely remains in his career as a player in terms of potential/contribution

NYR fans had a lot of hope for him last year in that he looked he made some strides but AV never showed much confidence in him and the longer of a leash McIlrath was given, the more he hung himself with it.

Puck looks like a grenade on his stick and his anticipation/coverage/abilty to read the play, especially in the neutral zone are pretty terrible

I will say that he is a solid physical presence and when the play is down low in his own zone, he does a decent job in eliminating a lot of guys off the puck. Problem is most coaches arent looking for that smash mouth type of dman anymore

McIlrath will be 25 this season. He isnt quite a finished product, but hes pretty damn close to it

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Anyone remember when he was a future top pairing D who will put up 30+ points a season after he had a couple good games last year?

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Anyone remember when he was a future top pairing D who will put up 30+ points a season after he had a couple good games last year?

Don't know when or where that was said. But I do remember when he got consistent playing time for 10-15 games last season and looked like a more than capable 3rd pairing guy who given his age could progress towards being a 2nd pairing guy which was realistically always his ceiling.

I don't think he's going to be moved for pennies on the dollar, it's sad really that there isn't a spot on the 3rd pairing for him but when your #2-4 defenseman are as bad offensively as ours are you need some offense from the 3rd pairing. Oh and the coach not giving him a fair shake doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad