Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Holden looked bad, but but he is on his offside, Girardi looked bad but but he is a warrior. No reason for Clendening who is a terrible defensive player and McIrath who is nothing but a goon play over a guy on his offside and a guy who has been a warrior for the Rangers. Come on now. We can sign PK Subban and I bet AV would play Holden and Girardi over him.

IF (and that's a big IF) Hoplden playing on his off side is what caused last night... then PLEASE!!!! Bench his ****ing ass until a left D is needed.

This isn't ****ing rocket science.

McIlrath on that side would've been better and IF NOT then waive him and move on.

Holden was an unmitigated disaster out there last night.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IF (and that's a big IF) Hoplden playing on his off side is what caused last night... then PLEASE!!!! Bench his ****ing ass until a left D is needed.

McIlrath on that side would've been better and IF NOT then waive him and move on.

Completely agree. Why try to keep ramming the square peg into the round hole? Over and over again?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I honestly think its going to come to that by the end of the week.

Once again, if no team claims him, will you and others at least partially admit that your view on him as a player is not shared by 29 other teams around the league?

Mike Hoffman, Martin St. Louis, Kris Russell (Pre-Calgary), Jussi Jokinen, Daniel Briere.

Just a few players that cleared waivers at one point in their careers. McIlrath is going to be an NHL player. How good he is, is anyone's guess considering we saw a really good 20 game stint from him last year for which he was rewarded with a benching for the remainder of the season (and a game at RW....wtf).

At least he has potential upside, where as Girardi and Holden will certainly not get better and look absolutely horrendous in nearly every game they play.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I honestly think its going to come to that by the end of the week.

Once again, if no team claims him, will you and others at least partially admit that your view on him as a player is not shared by 29 other teams around the league?

man you really can't wait to be kinda right for the first time ever can you ?

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011

Why would the Rangers waive him without being forced to unless they feel there is a better option not currently on an NHL roster and accessible to them? It doesn't make any sense. It's likely he is not going to be waived now that Jooris is going to IR. He will get a chance, when and if, someone gets hurt.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Why would the Rangers waive him without being forced to unless they feel there is a better option not currently on an NHL roster and accessible to them? It doesn't make any sense. It's likely he is not going to be waived now that Jooris is going to IR. He will get a chance, when and if, someone gets hurt.

Because the kid deserves to play. I'm not trying to say he's great or that he isn't without his warts... but letting him rot in the press box because of waiver restrictions/implications is unfair to him and his career.

They've obviously tried and failed to trade him.

Move on already... OR (and this is my contention)

Like I stated, get Holden the **** out of there and let's see what this kid can do.

Do u think he would've made that play :08 secs into last night's game that Holden did? He can't be worse than how Holden played.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
There is no way that you can tell me that with how bad all 3 right side defensemen looked last night that Dylan should not be given a look. I mean Girardi was God awful, Holden looked pathetic and Klein who was the best of the 3 looked really bad as well. Put him and Clendenon in the lineup, give them each 15 straight games. Tell Dylan this is it, you will have 15 straight games in the lineup. After the 15 games, if you don't like what you saw move him. I really don't care if its by trade or waivers but give the kid a chance to show his worth.

I dont think Girardi was bad at all TBH. Not last night anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad