Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Green is worse at coaching than Benning was at GM'ing, and Benning was an all time trash GM.

RIP Ottawa.

Reactions: vanuck

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
This got brought up in another thread, but part of me wonders how TOR would've done had they not committed 50% of their cap to the Core Four in signing Tavares. Their biggest issue vs. BOS was getting offense from outside of their top guys. The sheer amount of useful depth they've let walk or gave away over the years seems crazy to me...

Imagine this alternate universe version of the Leafs circa 2020 (where they still had to trade Kadri) - do they have a strong enough supporting cast to win a few rounds?

Verhaeghe - Matthews - Hyman
Marchment - Nylander - Marner
Mikheyev - Bozak - Rodrigues
Johnsson - Engvall - Moore

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
This got brought up in another thread, but part of me wonders how TOR would've done had they not committed 50% of their cap to the Core Four in signing Tavares. Their biggest issue vs. BOS was getting offense from outside of their top guys. The sheer amount of useful depth they've let walk or gave away over the years seems crazy to me...

Imagine this alternate universe version of the Leafs circa 2020 (where they still had to trade Kadri) - do they have a strong enough supporting cast to win a few rounds?

If they had Mikheyev - guaranteed.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think Bertuzzi was a good target but not Domi. Domi is at his best as a top 2 C on a rebuilding team. He is otherwise inconsistent from season to season, prone to taking bad penalties, and mostly a defensive liability. I say this acknowledging that Domi has played well for the Leafs but they needed him to fill a 3C role and he's not usable in defensive or PK situations.
It was a given that the Leafs would be 100 point team, and make the playoffs..Bertuzzi and Domi were brought in specifically for the Leafs (lack of grit/heart) playoff woes...Even though they were a goal away from advancing to the 2nd round, both players performed in the playoffs as advertised.

"Max Domi’s versatility and offensive impact for the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs go way beyond the traditional stat sheet.

The 29-year-old forward’s performance, not only in points (four in six playoff games) and shots on goal (16; 91st percentile) but also several NHL EDGE stats, has helped them overcome the absence of center Auston Matthews (illness) for the past two games to force Game 7 against the Boston Bruins after previously trailing the Eastern Conference First Round series 3-1.

Domi, who’s filling in on the top line with Mitch Marner and Tyler Bertuzzi and also the first power play, is among the NHL leaders in various underlying numbers for the whole series:"..NHL Edge.

Reactions: Nick Lang

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How many of those guys broke out after leaving Toronto? Guys like Verheaghe/Marchment didn't play on the Leafs.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
So there’s a thread on a certain team’s board about hiring Quenneville and the positive responses to hiring him are absolutely disgusting. What a morally bankrupt fanbase, at least the ones that post on this forum, and given that particular team’s horrible history, you’d think they’d be a bastion against him.

Bloody reprehensible.
Just say it… we all know you’re talking about the Leafs fans lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sens are hopeless
Brady seemed ticked at their season. I mean, this is a team that for some odd reason traded 1st and 2nd rounders for 4 years of total team control for DCat and Chrychrun and missed PO both seasons. Dealt with Foremention's involvement in the sexual assault WJHC case, Dadanov TDL mess & penalty, Pinto gambling, and Norris LTIR with his shoulder is a concern. Plus an ownership sale following passing of Melnyk.

They need a HC to right the ship. This could be a make/break year for that team and their core guys. Just feels like they made a lot of self inflicted wounds (nothing they can do about Foremention. Pinto, he's been the only NHLer suspended for gambling. Why didn't he get the message?
Everything else is self inflicted and bad decisions. Just need to get out of their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad