Value of: Dumba to Oilers

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Price of Dumba to Oilers? Only pieces off table are Mcdavid and Drasaitl.

For a 23yo finishing 7th RHD in goals and 11th in points? Draisaitl for Dumba+

Or Nurse and a big plus. Poolparty has no toolbox, Yamamoto is a tweener. None of the other prospects are enticing.

Most enticing offer is Nurse + picks, which is kind of meh. Wild has cap to keep everyone, so no reason to downgrade unless franchise players are coming back.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For a 23yo finishing 7th RHD in goals and 11th in points? Draisaitl for Dumba+

Or Nurse and a big plus. Poolparty has no toolbox, Yamamoto is a tweener. None of the other prospects are enticing.

Most enticing offer is Nurse + picks, which is kind of meh. Wild has cap to keep everyone, so no reason to downgrade unless franchise players are coming back.

Trade for Nurse so he can play on our third pairing, ya?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If the Oilers wanted Dumba they should have made a move a few years ago . The Wild need the D they have now and can not afford to trade a RD
Yup, and frankly, Dumba would have been cheaper then. Trading for a 23 yo RHD who just had his best season isn't going to be cheap. Guys to go after on the Wild right now (who aren't shit)are Nino and Coyle. Good players who had mediocre to bad years, mostly due to non chronic injury.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
jesus...

Sometime you're rational, sometime you the biggest Homer on this site, i just don't know what to say

On the one hand... I completely understand a huge guffaw when someone would suggest Nurse > Dumba... that's not close to true presently, so you are well within your rights to scold.

On the other hand, I think any GM holding Nurse would scowl at the idea of trading him period... he's really maturing into a mean Jay Bouwmeester type... he'll almost certainly never have the offense of a Dumba, but he's a very intelligent kid and once his experience catches up with his skating, he's going to be an elite, shutdown D that can skate the puck out of danger. That's a VERY rare combination of skills.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Dumba
Coyle
Ennis (cap)

for

Drai
Bear

That's the closest I could get to value, but I'm not sure that makes any sense. Maybe add JEE/Kunin and Pulj to the equation?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
On the one hand... I completely understand a huge guffaw when someone would suggest Nurse > Dumba... that's not close to true presently, so you are well within your rights to scold.

On the other hand, I think any GM holding Nurse would scowl at the idea of trading him period... he's really maturing into a mean Jay Bouwmeester type... he'll almost certainly never have the offense of a Dumba, but he's a very intelligent kid and once his experience catches up with his skating, he's going to be an elite, shutdown D that can skate the puck out of danger. That's a VERY rare combination of skills.
Yeah, he might be a good one. I was surprised to see that he's only 6mos. younger than Dumba, though. Imagine he and Dumba together as a pair for the next 10 years, though.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Dumba+Coyle+1st+? for Drai? basically a young RHD, 3rd to 2nd line swing power forward/grinder, 1st in 2018 (23) and the + Sokolov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad