Value of: Dumba to Oilers

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
you're also trading A 50pts RD... in order to hope and get one? im confused... dumba is 23 not 33
I'm being facetious. Dumba + Zucker would be trading a 50 pt defenseman and a 30G LW for a pick we'd hope can put up around those numbers at some point, Yamamoto and a 3rd. It's silly.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
jesus...

Sometime you're rational, sometime you the biggest Homer on this site, i just don't know what to say

Nurse is untouchable as far as the Oilers are concerned. Dumba had a very good season... but so did Nurse. He just won’t ever put up the gaudy point totals, but he was our de-facto #1 all season long. He doesnt have the likes of Suter and Sprurgeon and Brodin insulating him. He has a Brodin-type in Larsson, and a very inconsistent Spurgeon-lite in Klefbom.

Nurse gets tough matchups, PK, and boatloads of 5 v 5 minutes. We absolutely cannot replace what he brings. Nurse for Dumba plugs a hole in the roof by ripping out a support beam.

Reactions: Ck1

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Throwaway? Okay. If you say so.
There is no sense on selling high, low or anywhere with Dumba for us. As a RHD with real threat of goal scoring, he is much more needed than another very good LHD who is having a down year. His offence has exploded and he is still growing as a player. His defensive game has markedly improved. Every single year Dumba has gotten better, both stat wise and overall play not reflected in the box score, and still has not reached his potential.
Whether it be forwards or defense we have a lack of right handed shooters. You want Dumba you better pony up some tasty treats, or get off my lawn

I don’t overly want Dumba. He’s about to get PAID, he’d be very expensive to acquire, and he’s had questions about his in-zone play since his red deer days. He’s Tyson Barrie - his fan base loves him when he’s scoring and doing flashy things. When he’s getting turnstiled, or misses the big hit, or his scoring dries up for a spell, he walks around with a scarlet letter.

I didn’t want him when RNH for Dumba was being bandied about last offseason and I definitely don’t want him now that insanity like Nurse and Puljujarvi is being flung at the wall like a handful of crazy-poop.

And yes, a third rounder forward from a year ago that failed to improve on his scoring numbers in his draft + 1 is a throwaway prospect, particularly with assets like a top ten pick and our best prospect being talked about.

Does Matt Cairns or Markus Niemelainen turn your crank? I thought not.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The only 'Dumba to Edmonton' scenario that makes any sense for Minnesota (and my guess would be that every Edmonton fan would be very much against it) would a Dumba+Coyle+ for Draisaitl. That's the only return from Edmonton that might make it worth blowing a hole in the top 4 of our defense, and we'd be scrambling pretty hard to fill it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The only 'Dumba to Edmonton' scenario that makes any sense for Minnesota (and my guess would be that every Edmonton fan would be very much against it) would a Dumba+Coyle+ for Draisaitl. That's the only return from Edmonton that might make it worth blowing a hole in the top 4 of our defense, and we'd be scrambling pretty hard to fill it.

Might made sense to the Wild, but yeah, that deal was a no after Coyle had a great season last year and it’s a no after he had a down season this year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I was thinking about this:
EDM: 2018 1st + Yamamoto + 2018 3rd
For
MIN: Dumba + Coyle/Nino/Zucker

minny laughs and hangs up. you arent getting a twenty three year old 50pt dman and then add a 55+pt forward on top of that for a couple picks and a good prospect

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
It's a pretty high 1st. You might be able to draft a 50 point RD or a 30 goal LW.

so they trade a 23 year old 50pt dman in the hopes they can draft a guy that can one day be a 50pt dman?

cant see minny bein interested at all unless drai is coming back, or edmonton offers a silly package (ie 2018 1st,puljujarvi, +)

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Just no. We've had this discussion with Oilers fans before. You think Dumba isn't worth much, but won't stop asking about him, so you offer garbage and get offended when we don't want your trash for our core player.

You can tell yourself your guys are so much better all you want, we aren't trading Dumba unless the guy coming back is part of your young core because that's what Dumba is for us. He found defensive responsibility this season and has been between good and great in all 3 zones. He put up 50 points as a 23 year old RHD that has been better every year.

Reactions: hidek91

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Typical Oiler fans thread. Don't value good players on other teams that win games. Over value their own players who pretty much never win anything.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

My fellow Oil fans won't like your suggestion, but I completely agree it's the only way the conversation gets started.

This is why it doesn't make sense for the 2 teams to do business. I think for us to land any high end RHD, the conversation likely starts with Drai. If that's the case, I'd much rather go all in on pursuing Karlsson. The stars have aligned that the most offensively gifted Dman in the league is going to be traded, and we have the piece(s) it would take to acquire him.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Oilers fans need to stop with these stupid proposals, as many have stated trading junk or picks for 23 RHD men who put up 50 points is never gonna happen. Is he Doughty 2.0, a defensive stalwart, etc no but 23 year old RHD who put up 50 don’t grow on trees.

Reactions: Pure

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Puljujarvi would come with our 1st this year
Presumably with an add on our side as well, but even if it pushes the needle in Minnesota's favor value-wise it's still a weird move in my mind. Opinions among Wild fans are going to vary on this, but my thought is that the timing and context of Suter's injury this year puts a lot of pressure on the team to perform next year. Not in the sense that we should start selling off futures for "win now" players, but in the sense that the current roster should get one more crack at it even in the wake of a 1st round exit to the Jets.

Dumba for Puljujarvi and pick 7-10 is probably good value, but it creates an immediate hole without really filling one. A few weeks ago I could have seen Minnesota making a trade like this after losing in the 1st, and even then I think Dumba would be low on the list of players they'd want to move. But not anymore.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Remember last off season when Dumba had a worse season and Minny wanted RNH. I think they'd want more now.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
A deal around Dumba+mid add? for Poolparty +1st might make sense for the Wild with expansion coming and if we aren't going to lock up dumba long-term and move 1 of Brodin/Spurgeon, or make other moves to potentially go the 4-4-1 route. I might be a minority fan on this idea though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad