Post-Game Talk: "Dumb Dumbs" win 4-2, take 2-1 Series Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Bouma returning to the lineup would remind me of Dean Portman coming back to the team at the end of Mighty Ducks 3. Reunite the Bash Brothers Bouma-Ferland-Wolf... oh my

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bouma returning to the lineup would remind me of Dean Portman coming back to the team at the end of Mighty Ducks 3. Reunite the Bash Brothers Bouma-Ferland-Wolf... oh my

This! So much this!

They would be an absolute nightmare for any team to deal with in a seven game series! Absolutely punishing!

Any news on Bouma?

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
Just got told I'm going to the game tuesday. Hamhuis should be suspended, deliberate head shot. I'm not sure Burrows being suspended would be an advantage, he could always take a stupid game changing penalty. The Canucks have lost their composure, I'm buying a Ferland jersey tomorrow

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I love how now that the shoe is on the other foot, Canuck fans think everything is okay. Ferland will see you Tuesday. Also congrats to Sam Bennett, first of many!

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Scott Cruickshank @CruickshankCH
#Flames Michael Ferland: "My mom doesn’t want me hitting those two guys, but it’s my job.†What did your mom say? “Leave the Sedins alone."

Randy Sportak @SUNRandySportak
#Flames Michael Ferland’s mom told him not to hit the Sedins.
“She told me, 'Leave the Sedins alone.' She loves them,†he said.

:laugh:

I was wondering about this yesterday. There were a couple chances he's had to smoke a Sedin, but seemed to lay up. I was thinking it had something to do with if we leave there star guys alone, they leave our star guys alone.
Then Burrows goes and pulls a Burrows.
Sorry Mrs. Ferland, but the Sedins need no special treatment!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Hopefully Burrows and Hamhuis get suspended, you can't do that and has no place in hockey.

Deleted member 250185

Lots of people are saying Burrows and Hamhuis should be suspended but IMO the most deserving is Bieksa. Too bad there wasn't an actual instigator penalty called on him like there should have been. Regardless of what, if any, punishment gets handed out, this is our series to lose, we are in their heads!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My favorite thing as of the end of the game yesterday, is Canucks fans defending some of the actions from Burrows and Bieksa, and also claiming Ferland was lucky the refs got between him and Bieksa... Because he would have destroyed him.

I don't think Canucks fans understand that we have a guy here that is really as tough as he plays; Ferland was a monster in the dub. They just might be use to the Keslers, Burrows, Bieksas and LaPierres of the world; all bark with very little bite.

Alflives*

Just coming in here as a Canuck's fan: You have a really good young core. Brian Burke has your team heading in the right direction. I won't cheer for your team to beat us, but I sure do respect how your team plays.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I said this earlier, when Ferland got up after Bieksa hit him, the ref was kind of in the way of the camera angle but he starting throwing like 2-3 bombs on Bieska. When I saw his fists start going back like that, I was like holy **** he's going to kill him lol. And I'm pretty sure dumb dumb got cut from it.

I agree Volica, Ferland is a tough customer. I think he's in a good place in life right now, but I feel like he has a real dark side from life. I don't know if anyone here has seen Documentary called "Muse: Kobe Bryant"? It's actually quite good and in it Kobe discusses how he started to use hate to fuel his play on the court and he was able to take his game to a another level. I think Ferland is a guy that feeds off the negativity he's endured, much like Fleury did. But unlike Fleury, this guy is a big and nasty man, and if you piss him off you better go run for cover.

I think Michael has done an excellent job at getting to this point in his life and becoming a man. He's still growing every game and every shift, I'm a very huge fan and supporter of his.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Flames look hungrier out there.... if you guys win, i hope you guys go all the way.

Canucks look disinterested... Sedins look good, Edler looks good.... Horvat looks pretty okay..and thats about it..

The rest look average or poor.

Flames look organized and all eager to do whatever it takes to win

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tough guy Bieksa: Ferland isn't in our heads. He's irrelevant.

Right Bieksa. Right.

Haha him saying that is just proof he is in their heads. Ferland is irrelevant in the sense that Bieksa felt the need the need to punch him when he wasn't ready to go? Bieksa is seriously such a clown, him and Burrows are such jokes it's not even funny.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
"Ferland is irrelevant"

Kevin_Bieksa_Michael_Ferland_Punch.jpg

Lol okay bro. Keep thinking that. Ferland is off his leash and getting in the face of every Canuck he can find.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
How do you now justify playing Potter over Wotherspoon.
Tyler wasn't exactly great but for the 5 mins he played I noticed him all of 1 time where he was a bit slow defending a rush, but kept it away from getting too dangerous and finished with a good hit.

I'm also surprised at how much Engelland continues to get chosen over Schlemko after the TJ Brodie goal was set-up by having a partner that can play the puck and put him back on his comfortable RD side, and when Engelland got caught as the long shift and played beside Russell we got to see a scrambled goal against.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Posted this on the main board the other day, thought some on here might like it!

Saw this on Wikipedia:

Bogeyman (also spelled bogieman, boogeyman, or Ferland, and pronounced /bʊɡimæn/ or /boʊɡimæn/; see spelling differences)[1] is a common allusion to a mythical creature seen recently in Vancouver Arenas. Used by local adults or older children to frighten bad children into good behavior. This monster has a specific appearance, wears #79, and conceptions about him can vary drastically from household to household within the same community; in many cases, he has had the local NHL team running for their own safety and is simply an embodiment of terror. Parents may tell their children that if they misbehave, Ferland will get them. Ferland may target a specific mischief—for instance, Burrows—or general misbehaviour, such as the cowardly antics often displayed by the team, depending on what purpose needs serving.

Aug 21, 2014
Posted this on the main board the other day, thought some on here might like it!

Saw this on Wikipedia:

Bogeyman (also spelled bogieman, boogeyman, or Ferland, and pronounced /bʊɡimæn/ or /boʊɡimæn/; see spelling differences)[1] is a common allusion to a mythical creature seen recently in Vancouver Arenas. Used by local adults or older children to frighten bad children into good behavior. This monster has a specific appearance, wears #79, and conceptions about him can vary drastically from household to household within the same community; in many cases, he has had the local NHL team running for their own safety and is simply an embodiment of terror. Parents may tell their children that if they misbehave, Ferland will get them. Ferland may target a specific mischief—for instance, Burrows—or general misbehaviour, such as the cowardly antics often displayed by the team, depending on what purpose needs serving.

Sadly, It appears that they have edited it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino