Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Antoine Vermette to 2-year deal (1.75m AAV)

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Didn't know if this was stated or not already (too getzlaf...you know), but Vermette's deal has a NMC this year till June 17, then a NTC (8 team list) the last year. Can be exposed to expansion.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Didn't catch that part. Good to know.

Negotiated expansion bait.

Yep, don't think they'll take him. LV stated they don't won't older players, but this will qualify as 1 of our 2 guys with 70 games started over the past two years (basically, even if he gets hurt, he'll still satisfy that portion of it).

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Didn't know if this was stated or not already (too getzlaf...you know), but Vermette's deal has a NMC this year till June 17, then a NTC (8 team list) the last year. Can be exposed to expansion.

The exact details from GeneralFanager:

Clauses
Full NMC in 2016, expiring on June 16, 2017. Full NTC starting June 17, 2017, expiring June 30, 2017. Modified NTC in 2017 (player submits list of 8 teams to which he can be traded), starting July 1, 2017 and expiring June 30, 2018.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Yep, don't think they'll take him. LV stated they don't won't older players, but this will qualify as 1 of our 2 guys with 70 games started over the past two years (basically, even if he gets hurt, he'll still satisfy that portion of it).

I know that they said this in some press release, but I sincerely doubt that's the truth. Ideally they would build a young team that can play at a high level for years to come, but in reality they have to make the cap floor, so they're pretty much forced to take some ugly contracts as well.

I don't think they'd take Vermette, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some strange names heading to LV next summer.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Even a young rebuilding team needs some veteran leadership and presence in the locker room. Although I'd call it a long shot, I could see a Bieksa fitting in there. Depending of course on whether or not we dangled a Manson or something better. But there will be some old overpaid guys in Vegas when they start up.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Solid signing, always liked Vermette! I'm hopeful he can still have a positive impact.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know that they said this in some press release, but I sincerely doubt that's the truth. Ideally they would build a young team that can play at a high level for years to come, but in reality they have to make the cap floor, so they're pretty much forced to take some ugly contracts as well.

I don't think they'd take Vermette, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some strange names heading to LV next summer.

Pretty much. There will be a focus on proven and high potential youth but the cap floor is real.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
"Verm"... Like "Worm"? Isn't that Corey Perry? And right now we have "Verm" and "Worm" on the same line. Joel Vermin is a left winger who Tampa currently has on waivers. We should pick him up to make the line complete.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
bumping this thread made me believe we signed one of the two swedes. the struggle to accept that they might not be in the opening lineup is real

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
attachment.php

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Late to the party, but I'm on the same boat as most in that this is a good signing. Rakell issues aside, at least bargain bob didn't dumpster dive so that's always a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad