Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Antoine Vermette to 2-year deal (1.75m AAV)

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

That's a good deal imo. Hopefully means Bob has a general price range for Lindholm and Rakell figured out.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'll wait on price before I judge. It does put us up to 2 NHL quality forwards in the bottom 6 now though which is always good. He's slowed down but I still think he's a decent 3rd line option.

Edit: $1.75M is decent. I think we still need another forward but happy with this.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Yotes fans said his offense dried up but he produced with Tanguay. Hopefully Rakell will be able to have a similar effect on him. Vermette was 55.8% on the dot last year and if he can do that and continue to play solid defense this should be a good signing. That's all we really needed for a center for Rakell imo.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
For the price, this is a very reasonable signing. Vermette will be a solid 3C, he'll win the majority of his faceoffs and be good for at least 30 points, and he'll guarantee a spot on the wing for Rakell.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Getz Perry
Kesler Silf
Vermette Rakell

Ritchie , Cogs, Tatar? To plug the top 9

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Happy with this, moving Rakell back to the wing was one of the really important things they had to do this off-season.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
x-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Vermette-x
Garbutt-Wagner-Boll/Raymond

I think we should let young guys battle for those x's and keep Fowler. I could live with that as a forward lineup, wingers will be available during the season if none of our prospects can hold those spots down.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
That top 9 could be serviceable.. And it also lends to a stud top 6 if necessary

But..

Fowler
Lindholm
Vatanen
Manson
Stoner
Bieksa
Despres
Theodore
Holzer

Two guys gotta go

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So that guy wasn't full of crap after all. Nice price, sends rickey to the wing, well done.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That top 9 could be serviceable.. And it also lends to a stud top 6 if necessary

But..

Fowler
Lindholm
Vatanen
Manson
Stoner
Bieksa
Despres
Theodore
Holzer

Two guys gotta go

8 of those guys require waivers and are on one way deals too.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
x-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Vermette-x
Garbutt-Wagner-Boll/Raymond

I think we should let young guys battle for those x's and keep Fowler. I could live with that as a forward lineup, wingers will be available during the season if none of our prospects can hold those spots down.
I think we're going to need another scoring winger added before the season starts. 4th line isn't going to score much at all and the only player on the 2nd line who can consistently score is Kesler so feels like we're still going to be short of goals as it stands. We're basically relying on 2 and a 1/3 lines and that's a bit of a worry heading into the season IMO.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's not a bad signing but we still need another winger who can score 20+ goals reliably

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Bob lives. :handclap:

Great signing, especially if it means Rakell moves to the wing permanently.

I'd keep Fowler and if we can't get Hudler super cheap, give Tanguay a PTO. He and Vermette produced really well together last year. Hopefully run a Tanguay-Vermette-Rakell, Garbutt-Wagner-Noesen bottom six to start.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I guess if they aren't going to be scoring any goals, at least they will win every damn faceoff. Should help take some of the the dzone FO load off Kesler at the end of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad