Confirmed with Link: Ducks officially name Randy Carlyle head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Now I still dont think RC is the option i wanted, but he has proven himself worthy and I will be the first to admit I was wrong about him. The team is playing really well, and more importantly they exorcised their game 7 demon.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Now I still dont think RC is the option i wanted, but he has proven himself worthy and I will be the first to admit I was wrong about him. The team is playing really well, and more importantly they exorcised their game 7 demon.

And they did so with all these injuries as well.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I was surprised to see Carlyle not just play prevent defense. A good sign going forward that the old prevent and dump scheme is hopefully gone.

John

DuckDude

Mar 16, 2017
The team was actually ready to play in Game 7, and they played a full 60 with barely any defensive breakdowns.

How often have we ever seen that? They usually come out slow and then quit when the first goal is scored. Which makes me question BB as a coach a lot more.

To be fair I think this is the best Ducks team we have had since 07, but still.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014

Came to post this exact same thing. I was scared he wouldn't be able to get back the locker room he once lost. But he did.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Came to post this exact same thing. I was scared he wouldn't be able to get back the locker room he once lost. But he did.

Well the locker room is very different with so much roster change from when RC was the coach before. Also the ones that are still there needed a change of voice badly after the problems that happened under BB that even bringing back a old one was welcomed.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Interesting revisiting this.

Can anyone here make a gif of Carlyle on the clipboard last night during the time out at the end of the game

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
“A proven winner and motivator, Randy has expertly managed the bench throughout his coaching career,” said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “Our expectations are extremely high, and I believe Randy is the coach who can lead us to playoff success and our ultimate goal, the Stanley Cup.”

“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to come back to Anaheim and rejoin the organization that gave me my first opportunity as an NHL head coach,” said Carlyle. “I’ve followed this team closely for the last couple of years and am familiar with the core group. I believe this team can win immediately and I can’t wait to get started.”

"If you're not prepared to evolve as a coach, you're going to get lost in the shuffle," Carlyle said. "I've paid my attention and done my homework. ... When you come from the media market that I came from, there's a lot of scrutiny that takes place. I don't believe I'm a Neanderthal, from the standpoint of wanting knuckles dragging and fighting. I don't believe that. Yeah, I'd like to have rough-and-tumble hockey. Yeah, I'd like to play physical hockey. But the game has changed."

Well...

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
We need Travis Green obviously that would have made a big difference.
It's clear unlike last season this old squad has a chance to heal and if Murray actually gets a physical dman to play with Fowler this team will be better next season

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
It's clear unlike last season this old squad has a chance to heal and if Murray actually gets a physical dman to play with Fowler this team will be better next season

No one can really say how this team would have done with Travis Green. We have a physical Dman, his name is Josh Manson. You could put him with Fowler and go Lindholm/Montour. I just hope you don't mean physical as in can't play hockey. You know, like Bieksa or Boll.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Jesus Christ dude. how can you actually say this after those 4 games? Do you honestly think rest and one more physical defenseman would have made that much difference? did you even watch the series? I didn't watch periods 2 or 3 of game 4, but come on, how can anyone defend RC after that series?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We were completely outclassed by a rival. This is an ultimate low point in franchise history, getting swept by one of our main rivals in the first round. Big changes need to be made after that performance.

You don't get swept by a division rival and go into the offseason saying "we just need a physical dman to play with Cam".

That's something you say after you lose in the conference finals in 6 or 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad