Post-Game Talk: Ducks at Rangers - February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I'd move Hayes to get a cost controlled stud young defenseman.

Yes. But coach has to play said stud defensemen more than G. I would love to see McD with a better partner.

AV would probably play him with Skjei.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would Imagine Anaheim would def do a vats for zucc. He would help get their offense going which at this rate may drop them out of the playoffs crazy as that sounds . They would have to add :D

You would imagine that but they have been against, and quibble over everything like Vats having an extra year...

they can't be budged except on 100% their terms

it is crazy to keep negotiating and hoping they see from our POV

If only Minny would give us significant add wDumba for Stepan
THAT would resolve lots of problems for both clubs.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
This board is painful to read sometimes. I missed the game came to see what happened. You'd think we got smoked reading the last couple pages. 4-1 against a good team and hank played well? Sign me up for that all day long.

This team is one of the best in the league and most of this board would take Ottawa over us in a 7 game series. A joke watch the other teams in the conference play

I only watched the 3rd but Anaheim had the puck more and some power play time as well

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Miller must be the name of the supplement he's using guy is jacked lol
I know professional bodybuilders who would like his bf levels

I'd love to get my hands on some Miller.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Same.

Lots of times i completely ignore GDTs.

Or just ignore certain posters. It's still enjoyable reading certain opinions and comments from fellow Rangers fans. Being negative has it's place but when it's incessant and 99 percent of the time it's hard to read.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm probably in the minority but I don't want to give up Hayes either. I'd like us to keep Hayes and Miller in any deal we make to get a righty shot dman.

My gut says GMJG is not going to trade any of our main pieces including Zucc who for some reason like Miller and Hayes, seems to be a guy most of y'all would have no prob trading. I'd like us to keep Zucc as well.

I know some of y'all don't like Cody Franson but he's the kind of guy I think Gorton will try and get at deadline and it won't cost any of our core to get. He'd be an upgrade.

Despite our having dealt on numerous occassions our #1 and #2 draft picks over the years to make deals at deadline, I'd have no probs doing it again this year seeing from what I've read this year's draft crop is as bad as it's been in a decade.

With the way we seem to be able to attract talent from college and the solid job our scouts and Gorton have done over the years, I don't think it's worth it to deal any of our core this year. Now if a Trouba or Vatanan or even better a Dougie Hamilton become available, than maybe we need to look at making a Zucc and if need be a Hayes available. Or we can just wait till after the year and get Shattenkirk and not give up anyone. That is the direction I think is the best one. Get a Franson type at deadline and than get Shatty after the season ends.

Don't forget, none of us had Cup thoughts before the season and tho we've had a heck of a year, a Cup is still a pipe dream realistically. But if we could get a Franson and than a Shatty for next year, than we'd have as good a shot as anyone in 2018. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
This board is painful to read sometimes. I missed the game came to see what happened. You'd think we got smoked reading the last couple pages. 4-1 against a good team and hank played well? Sign me up for that all day long.

This team is one of the best in the league and most of this board would take Ottawa over us in a 7 game series. A joke watch the other teams in the conference play

Preach.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I only watched the 3rd but Anaheim had the puck more and some power play time as well

So what? They were losing all night they should have the puck more. Playing catch up.

I have a feeling lot of guys here are to young to remember what really having a bad team looks like.

By the way Montreal smoked again by Colorado of all teams. I was told yesterday here by MANY that we had no chance against them in a seven game series. Absurd.

Right now only teams that we wouldn't be favs against in the East are Pitt and Washington and if hank plays even average hockey this season we're probably ahead of both of them.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So what? They were losing all night they should have the puck more. Playing catch up.

I have a feeling lot of guys here are to young to remember what really having a bad team looks like.

By the way Montreal smoked again by Colorado of all teams. I was told yesterday here by MANY that we had no chance against them in a seven game series. Absurd.

Right now only teams that we wouldn't be favs against in the East are Pitt and Washington and if hank plays even average hockey this season we're probably ahead of both of them.

With our luck we climb to the 2nd or 3rd seed and Pitt grabs the 2nd or 3rd cause looks like wash will grab top in metro

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And I'd trade Hayes for Dougie Hamilton and that's about it trouba too

Otherwise no way

But make no mistake JT Miller is ready to play center and at a very high level

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
With our luck we climb to the 2nd or 3rd seed and Pitt grabs the 2nd or 3rd cause looks like wash will grab top in metro

This is a very real concern because columbus is struggling and with how amazing Pitt is to everyone they're only what 3 pts up on us?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

And Price has been pretty bad for a while now.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I just watched Grabner get behind Montour for a breakaway and what a friggen save by Gibson. That shot was labeled top shelf.

Hank made a great save right before that. Awesome sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad