Confirmed with Link: Ducks aquire Bernier

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Don't we need to expose a goalie in the expansion draft?

Anyway, always liked Bernier, hopefully he does well.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
don't mind the trade, but he is making over 4 mil this year. Hopefully BM knows who he's getting back in Fowler trade, or else our budget would prohibit us from making any significant moves besides futures.

NVM, Bernier was paid signing bonus by TOR so only 2.1 salary for us. Which is what was expected for backup.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
We all saw it coming, just had to wait till after July 1st. Pretty sure we're only paying him $2 million this year now.

Gibson
Bernier

Solid 1-2.

And HFB crashes lol

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We can't afford Bernier even if half his salary has been paid. Is this his last year?

On the ice this is a good move. He's a good goalie who had a bad year last season.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Good trade, wonder what the conditional pick is. Only paying half his salary and contract being up at the end of the year is good. Not sure on expansion draft complications though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He had a very poor 2015 calendar year, but before that, and the back half of last season he was very good. From January onwards he had a .920+ Sv%

Was hoping we would give him another chance behind Andersen.

You guys could be very happy with this. Depends on which Bernier shows up.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
To me this seems like a missed chance at unloading Stoner.. If we would have took him on at 4.1 before the signing bonus was paid out. I think there potentially could have been a deal there.. Although maybe the Leafs just wanted no part of him.

If we were to do that contract offsets would have effectively made the Bernier contract 900k to us as opposed to the 2.15m

Unless we can unload Stoner for free I feel its a wasted opportunity.. That said its entirely possible TML wanted no part of him..

Either way 2.15 is fairly cheap for a decent backup.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Not surprised. But we could be stuck with Stoner if we don't trade him with Fowler.

mytduxfan*

We can't afford Bernier even if half his salary has been paid. Is this his last year?

On the ice this is a good move. He's a good goalie who had a bad year last season.

Our GT tandem is costing us 3.6M this season. I don't think you'd get much cheaper then that. In fact, that's only 0.2M more then what Reimer got from FLA to be their back-up - that's just Reimer.

I'm loving this move. Bernier had a bad start to the season, but looked better towards the end. IMO, on a better team, he'd be a quality starter in the top half of the league. I just think he grew tired of losing in TOR. I suspect he'll do well here in ANA.

GO BM!!! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad