Confirmed with Link: Ducks aquire Bernier

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
At the time of the trade, who could have imagened the Ducks having a cap problem? We're the leafs even in a position to retain?

That Cowen contract situation really screwed them over with the cap. Had they been able to buy him out, I bet they could have taken Stoner with Freddy.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
That Cowen contract situation really screwed them over with the cap. Had they been able to buy him out, I bet they could have taken Stoner with Freddy.

Sure, as as a Leafs fan I would have preferred Andersen plus Stoner for the Leafs second pick allowing them to keep their first pick.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I was sure that Bernier would be better this season than last season and so far Bernier proved that. I didn't watch the Sharks game, is it known what kind of injury he suffered? Then Gibson was overused, was started b2b twice in the first month and now it seems the damage is done. Good for Bernier to get eased into the season. I'm curious if he will get the starter job.

With the Leafs paying his 2M signing bonus Bernier was a steal. Hard to understand that the Leafs were not charged with a 2M cap hit also. To me this is circumventing the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad