Speculation: Duchene trade looking back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Or, you could say he hit 59 points or greater in 3 of his 8 NHL seasons. Stats are fun. If MD is paired with Hoffman for an entire season, its certainly possible that he'll get another 59+ season, no?

wow really 59 pts in 3 seasons? thats a true #1C. Definitely worth giving up a C that had 55pts or greater in 3 of his 8 NHL seasons + 1st + 3rd + 1st rd prospect

if the bar is set at 60pts for duchene, then this truly was a terrible trade.
sens fans expected a 30g/70pt guy (hilarious in itself because duchene has only done each once, and in seperate seasons)

Duchene is a high end 2C.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
you gave an update shortly after the trade, I was further updating with current stats

I mean, not really. If that was your goal you would have referenced Turris’s stats this season but oddly, you used his stats from last year. The point of my post was to point how everyone is quick to rush to judgement. The weeks following the trade Turris was producing very well, Duchene wasn’t. Things change.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
1. wow really 59 pts in 3 seasons? 2. thats a true #1C. Definitely worth giving up a C that had 55pts or greater in 3 of his 8 NHL seasons + 1st + 3rd + 1st rd prospect

if the bar is set at 60pts for duchene, then this truly was a terrible trade.
3. sens fans expected a 30g/70pt guy (hilarious in itself because duchene has only done each once, and in seperate seasons)

Duchene is a high end 2C.

1. No, 67, 70 & 59 points. You seemed eager to suggest that he wasn't capable of 60 points.

2. Well he's truly played as a 1C, so I guess that makes him a #1C.

3. I don't know Senator fans expected, and why should I care even? Sounds like your making stuff up though.

Just a guess, but I easily could see MD getting 60 plus points playing with Hoffman. What do you think? I think he's been on a ppg pace for the last 15 - 20 games - a Senator fan could verify or correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Depends what that first round pick turns into next year.

Not really.

The player picked isn't likely to be anywhere near Duchene's current level anytime soon.

That isn't how you evaluate trades.

Well it is how a lot of people do it here but most people who post on here have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Not really.

The player picked isn't likely to be anywhere near Duchene's current level anytime soon.

Well it is how a lot of people do it here but most people who post on here have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Yah actually it is hoe you evaluate trades you evaluate all pieces not just the ones in the NHL. If Ottawa is as bad as they are this year then that pick will be top 10 could be top 5 even top 3.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yah actually it is hoe you evaluate trades you evaluate all pieces not just the ones in the NHL. If Ottawa is as bad as they are this year then that pick will be top 10 could be top 5 even top 3.

You seem to have missed the point I was making.

Carry on carrying on.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Not really.

Yeah but Colorado doesn't expect it to be at that level yet, it all depends where the team is at and where Colorado were at the time, we got ourselves a monster return

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
:biglaugh:

Oh man, talk about sipping the kool-aid.

Kyle Turris is a 40 point second liner now despite having put up 58, 64, and 55 point seasons in the last 3 healthy years he's had in the NHL?

And Matt Duchene is a true #1C just entering his prime? Despite having a PPG season 5 seasons ago and never coming close to that kind of production again since?

Duchene barely has 50 points in his last 82 games. :laugh:

Yes. Kyle Turris is a 40 point second liner now. And that 6 x 6 contract is going to look pretty bad if (when) Turris loses even a little bit of speed with that miniscule frame of his.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Let's revisit when the draft pick has been decided. Until then, I'm very excited about the way Duchene has been playing.

Reactions: Weast

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
Colorado finished dead last in 2017. Look competitive this year. NHL is cyclical.

Colorado pinpointed everything that was wrong with this team (aging vets, Duchene), and got rid of them.

Has Ottawa done the same? It looks to me like they’re trying to get rid of their good players (Karlsson, Pageau, Hoffman) to save money, which is completely opposite to what Colorado did. If you’re expecting or hoping for similar results, well, I just don’t know.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Colorado finished dead last in 2017. Look competitive this year. NHL is cyclical.
Colorado got rid of dead weight, replaced them with young hungry guys, had Nate explode into superstar status, had Mikko turn into a ppg player, in turn turning their first line into one of the most dominant lines in the NHL, they effectively added two top 4 defensemen with Zadorov progressing and growing his game and adding Girard in the Duchene trade, so their D turned from a trainwreck into a respectable unit when you add those two to EJ and Barrie who is leading the league in ppg for a D.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe you can use it to go as far back as 1928 to when your team was actually relevant. Frank Finnigan and co.

Actually, I'd just use it to go back to just before you posted this so I could enjoy your petulance over and over again at the moment of inception.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Actually, I'd just use it to go back to just before you posted this so I could enjoy your petulance over and over again at the moment of inception.

You’re the one that came in and mentioned Galchenyuk which had nothing to do with the conversation. But yeah, clearly I’m the petulant one. I just mentioned how a bottom 5 team will be bottom 5 again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad