Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I do really find it interesting that through all of this Stone and Duchene have come out and said they want to stay and be part of the solution. I wonder if there has been a break in the room. EK has checked out for a long time now, while Stone and Duchene have been busting ass.

This may not be some crazy organizational issue, but rather a personal spat turned bad between EK and PD/EM and by the looks of it a couple of our best guys are good to stay and right the ship once EK has left.

Interesting...

I wouldn't be surprised. Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that we are in for a very intriguing ride.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I do really find it interesting that through all of this Stone and Duchene have come out and said they want to stay and be part of the solution. I wonder if there has been a break in the room. EK has checked out for a long time now, while Stone and Duchene have been busting ass.

This may not be some crazy organizational issue, but rather a personal spat turned bad between EK and PD/EM and by the looks of it a couple of our best guys are good to stay and right the ship once EK has left.

Interesting...
I've been noticing Stone and Karlsson bickering at each other on the ice a lot this season. Definitely a possibility.

Reactions: gab6511

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Maybe Duchene's sources have told him that the lottery is rigged and that we'll get Dahlin. Talk about a re-tool...

#PrayforRasmus

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

Interesting...
I approve of this baseless speculation.

Is PD making a point that no one is bigger than the team?

Fascinating.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Stone gets the C and Boro will for sure get an A. Does Doosh get the 2nd A? Could definitely help in trying to convince him to stay.

I guess it'll depend on whether Smith is still here after Monday.

Given recent experience, giving the C to a player means he will be leaving soon.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ya it's pretty sad. If Karlsson gets traded and we pick 5 or higher I say just let them have it.

Perhaps packaging the first round pick with Ryan would be enticing to some team. Just think of the cost savings!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Karlsson and Anderson (and Condon) have been the biggest tank commanders this season, by far

Just fix that and the Sens finish much higher in the standings next season

Problem is with the « way to soon » goalies extensions, now how do you fix that?

For Karlsson, can he go back to form? If he is traded, which D-man do you get back?

Also, who do the Sens draft in the top-10? Will he make the team? Will he make an impact?

Which prospects will make the team? What will be their impact?

What about other trades? UFA signings?

Is Boucher going to be back? (Even if they said so)

If Boucher is back, will he adjust to the new NHL?

So many questions to answer before having any idea of what to do with the 1st round selection

They have a plan and of course they are not going to share it publicly. While I am not really a Dorion believer, he has so many quality assets that maybe he won’t **** it up

Dorion has not given us much to think he can fix the problems with this team.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Given recent experience, giving the C to a player means he will be leaving soon.
How often does this team give the C to the wrong player, Yashin, Spezza & now Karlsson it turns out may have been the wrong choice. Yashin was a disaster, Spezza couldn't handle the scrutiny & Karlsson has lost interest. Stone would make a good captain & so would Boro, don't give it to Hoffman or Duchene & they should be fine.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Karlsson was not the wrong choice as captain. He led the team on the greatest post-season clinching run ever. He led the team all of last season and is by far the biggest reason we had a "one-goal away from the Stanley Cup finals" sentence to say.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
How often does this team give the C to the wrong player, Yashin, Spezza & now Karlsson it turns out may have been the wrong choice. Yashin was a disaster, Spezza couldn't handle the scrutiny & Karlsson has lost interest. Stone would make a good captain & so would Boro, don't give it to Hoffman or Duchene & they should be fine.
Not even surprised you mentioned Boro as a potential captain

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

Interesting...

I agree. I honestly think EK asked for a trade last year and this has been the biggest secret our team has literally ever kept. It got hidden by our playoff run but EK and EM don't mix.

Stone's comments on people who wanted to be here, to me, was 100% directed at Karlsson and his group, which I suspect looks like;

Brassard, Phaneuf, Turris, Ryan (maybe Ceci)

I feel like the higher paid roster players really separated themselves from the team and were alienated by, in order, ownership first, the coach, players, then management.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
I dunno why people hate boro. It's easy to see why his teammates love him. He has a ton of heart and is a good bottom pairing guy
I don't get it either. It's like we resent a guy for having a limited skill set but who worked his arse off to get where he is...there is nothing wrong with him on this team. Personally I have all kinds of respect for the guy and if everyone on this team had his heart, grit, determination, work ethic etc. we'd be Stanley Cup contenders every single year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I've been noticing Stone and Karlsson bickering at each other on the ice a lot this season. Definitely a possibility.

Small thing, but last night on the Duchesne goal EK and he didn’t pump gloves. EK was totally checked out of that game and didn’t skate back with Chabot on the Giroux goal, so maybe it was just EK being out of it. But you have to guess the entire organization top to bottom is toxic and that includes the locker room

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Stone should be the next captain, but Boro's going to get an Assistant's A next year at minimum, it's glaringly obvious at this point.

You might not agree with it, but it's going to happen.
I honestly wouldn't oppose Boro getting a letter. He deserves it.

I'm also thinking Stone will not want to be here long term, unfortunately.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I don't get it either. It's like we resent a guy for having a limited skill set but who worked his arse off to get where he is...there is nothing wrong with him on this team. Personally I have all kinds of respect for the guy and if everyone on this team had his heart, grit, determination, work ethic etc. we'd be Stanley Cup contenders every single year.
Probably has something to do with the ridiculousness of putting him as a first line forward by Cameron.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I know, which is why said long-term.

He's here, barring a trade request, for at least another season at the minimum.

So even though he's come out of his own volition to say he wants to stay and be part of the solution, and questioned the play of other stars on the team, you feel he's actually going to want to leave potentially after next season?

That's dark man, dark.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So even though he's come out of his own volition to say he wants to stay and be part of the solution, and questioned the play of other stars on the team, you feel he's actually going to want to leave potentially after next season?

That's dark man, dark.
Karlsson said he wanted to spend his whole career in Ottawa less than 10 months ago, and questioned guys in the playoffs (Brassard) about their play, whats your point?

It's not dark, it's an educated guess. It's not what I want to happen, it's just something I can very well see happening.

You only see and want to see positives, and that's more than fine.

I like to see positives, but call it how I see it.

I wasn't negative, at all, for 95% of the 13 years I've been here. There is a reason I've been a negative, shitty poster for the past year. It's the direction of the team. Look around, it's happening before our eyes.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I honestly wouldn't oppose Boro getting a letter. He deserves it.

I'm also thinking Stone will not want to be here long term, unfortunately.

If Stone+Duchene walk, and we trade Smith/Karl/Ryan at the deadline, isn't Boro pretty much next in line for captaincy? He might even be ahead of Duchene.

Boro has been a leader everywhere he's gone. I think an A is almost a given, but if we do an actual complete tear down, I think he'll get the C despite it being a bit out of place in the current NHL for teams to have non-stars as captains (Derek MacKenzie in FLA is the only one that comes to mind right now).

Sto

Stone Is an rfa so lets sees

RFA doesn't matter much in Stone's case because he is arbitration eligible and only has 1 more year of team control. It buys us time to work out a long term extension, but if we cannot come to terms with Stone this summer and have to agree to a 1 year settlement via (or before) arbitration, I don't think it makes sense for us to expect to be able to extend him long term after January 2019 when we'd be able to officially talk him again. If he doesn't want to sign long term now, we have to trade his rights or risk losing him in a year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

That's dark man, dark.
I’m
Not sure where you stand on this. Are you still think karlsson has always stated behind closed doors he wants to be here. And if not traded he’ll gladly sign here long term?

Reactions: danielpalfredsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad