Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Completely unlikely, so just for fun an EA type trade proposal

PLD (2.5 retained), Englund, Laferriere, and Riitch
for
Ullmark, Grzelyck, Beecher, and Steen

Risk/Reward for Boston, but improves their size and toughness.
LA gets a nice upgrade in the net, and gets out of the Dubois contract before the NTC kicks in.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
You know what ^#* it, let's just play him first line minutes and tank.. who knows maybe he will swim 🏊‍♂️

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I could see Seattle willing to gamble on him if their 5.9 million a year backup goalie is headed the other way...

Kraken <-- Dubois

Kings <-- Grubauer

Seattle get a talented C

Los Angeles rid themselves of Dubois, and possibly solve their issues in goal

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I could see Seattle willing to gamble on him if their 5.9 million a year backup goalie is headed the other way...

Kraken <-- Dubois

Kings <-- Grubauer

Seattle get a talented C

Los Angeles rid themselves of Dubois, and possibly solve their issues in goal
Grubauer has an .889, .895, and 889 with that Kraken defense lol

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Grubauer has an .889, .895, and 889 with that Kraken defense lol
He also had a .920 SV% in the 214 games before joining the Kraken

If you're the Kings, it's a gamble, but a gamble that also clears 2.6 million from their cap, while also shortening the possible headache from 7 more years down to 3

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Blake made many questionable deals. Not just Dubois.

Cal Peterson contract. He's in AHL now.

Sean Durzi trade. He's solid defense man. Why LA do it? Especially for a 2nd in weak draft

Brick Faber trade. Fiala good player but 8 million a year? Plus gave up a mid-first pick and Faber? Steep

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Replace Gallagher with Begin, Armia with Korpikoski, Allen with Halak, and the 7th for an 8th and you got yourself a deal good sir 🤝
Good luck trying to get that much for Dubois. You wanted him . Now your stuck with him. I don't believe you could give him away for free.

Reactions: viceroy

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Blake made many questionable deals. Not just Dubois.

Cal Peterson contract. He's in AHL now.

Sean Durzi trade. He's solid defense man. Why LA do it? Especially for a 2nd in weak draft

Brick Faber trade. Fiala good player but 8 million a year? Plus gave up a mid-first pick and Faber? Steep

Faber was NCAA and supposedly was going to free agent himself home to Minnesota.

I agree with the rest.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zero percent chance Blake admits he screwed up and buys him out or trades him. We’re stuck with the floater for some time unfortunately.
you're stuck with him if you expect he goes away for free

to move you gotta make it worth while
either diminish salary + add assets
or
can get a good player coming back, but then ya gotta add a premium asset [Byfield]

Panarin + Leshitshow
for
pld + Roy + Byfield

wince on long term pivot cost
BUT
immediate high end W help and
more importantly
STRUCTURAL CAP relief [2 mo seasons of bread, ditch long term pld]

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
PLD for Huberdeau?

giphy.gif

Even with the more favorable buyout and cap hit... for all of Huberdeau's flaws, I think he's far better for the Flames long term than PLD is. I wanna stick with Huberdeau.

Honestly speaking I think it might be interesting to see PLD and Mantha on a line together. It might be one of the most entertaining "low battery mode" pairings out there. When they're on, I think they'll be money. But the real money with such a pairing would be figuring out when to bet banker or player or tie like in Baccarat.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
you're stuck with him if you expect he goes away for free

to move you gotta make it worth while
either diminish salary + add assets
or
can get a good player coming back, but then ya gotta add a premium asset [Byfield]

Panarin + Leshitshow
for
pld + Roy + Byfield

wince on long term pivot cost
BUT
immediate high end W help and
more importantly
STRUCTURAL CAP relief [2 mo seasons of bread, ditch long term pld]
Yea my post states we’re stuck with him. Point is our leadership has to big of egos to admit the biggest trade he pulled off is a bust and moving on from him. Hence why I said we’re stuck with him. Also no matter how many post you want to fantasize about Byfield on your team that’s not happening.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yea my post states we’re stuck with him. Point is our leadership has to big of egos to admit the biggest trade he pulled off is a bust and moving on from him. Hence why I said we’re stuck with him. Also no matter how many post you want to fantasize about Byfield on your team that’s not happening.
fine and no prob
but the pt is HOW you are "moving on"
it's gonna cost

You SHOULD try to minimize that with a better option

I am just saying IMO you may fantasize if that will be to Rs and that is not happening w/o Byfield

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I wonder if Wash would kick tires on him...

Dubois & Kaliev for Kuznetsov

Caps roll the dice that 4th time is a charm, get Kaliev as a sweetener

Kings cut their losses and gain the expiring Kuznetsov contract at the expense of Kaliev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad