Not open for further replies.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
fine and no prob
but the pt is HOW you are "moving on"
it's gonna cost

You SHOULD try to minimize that with a better option

I am just saying IMO you may fantasize if that will be to Rs and that is not happening w/o Byfield
The whole point is we’re not moving on. Read more post less.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
It's time. The Dubois experiment has failed in LA. Is there any possibility of trading him out of LA?

Pluses: Dubois is still a physically gifted specimen, young at 25 years old. If he figures it out, he has all the tools to be dominant.

Minuses: Does he even enjoy hockey? Does he even understand it? What does he want out of his career, outside of being paid 8.5 million dollars a year? Where could he possibly go to unlock his "talent", or even justify his contract.

In LA, he has simply not clicked. He doesn't seem to understand the system, his struggles are effecting him mentally, and he doesn't seem interested in doing the bare minimum when he doesn't have the puck on his stick.

Is there any possibility to move him? I'd say that LA would be interested in withholding cap up to an equivalent amount that his Buy out would cost each year, but that makes him more attractive outside of having straight negative value.

I'd immediately think struggling player for struggling player? Huberdeau for Dubois, maybe some picks or prospects go back to Calgary if they can withholding cap to make their hits more equivalent? A cap dump may have to go as well.

I'm not sure what else is possible, lol

No one will want him, he wants to play in LA. He got what he wanted and it turned out he didn’t want to ‘play’ in LA, he just wanted to be in and around LA

No one told him he could live there in the summers and play hockey anywhere else.

Turns out he just doesn’t want to play hockey, he wants to meet celebrities

Dubois is a fan, that’s it

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The whole point is we’re not moving on. Read more post less.
practice what you preach

you say "Read more post less."
but YOU did not read!!!
my response quoted "moving on" to a poster saying they WERE moving on.

So it is not unanimous.
Yor base may even be split.

bern will continue to post w'in the rules
if you don't like my content, you are free to shortchange yourself and ignore.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
His 5v5 production is pretty much the same it was on Winnipeg... it's just that his production on PP where he used to feast on in Winnipeg has gone completely cold. Beyond that... I haven't seen the "bull in a china shop" mentality from him in LA that he used to show in 1 out of 3 games with the Jets. My theory is that he is not happy about being saddled with a 4th line level talent and a rookie on his line for most of the season and his motivation has suffered as a result. In his career he has almost always played with an elite winger on his line- Panarin in Columbus and one of Ehlers/Connor in Winnipeg so I think playing with bottom-6 players has been a challenge for him.

Huberdeau for Dubois is bad for LA as the Huberdeau contract is much worse. Also not sure Dubois would be interested in playing in Calgary so I don't think LA can trade him there even if they wanted to.

Kings are better off just holding on to him... in the long run he is still atleast a 2C who will put up atleast 55-60 points a season.
Honestly the only place I could see Dubois potentially playing well would be Montreal.

Because if he played the way he did his life would be an utter nightmare every day in town.

Wouldn't mind picking him up and seeing if our sports mental performance dude and psychologist can fix his brain up. That is, if our management could get him cap reduced on the cheap.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Honestly the only place I could see Dubois potentially playing well would be Montreal.

Because if he played the way he did his life would be an utter nightmare every day in town.

Wouldn't mind picking him up and seeing if our sports mental performance dude and psychologist can fix his brain up. That is, if our management could get him cap reduced on the cheap.
And if / when he fails? Way too much risk for a proven quitter. Hughes will never touch him. No other team will at his caphit.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Agree to disagree............he couldn't handle the pressure in Montreal.
He is making 8.5M this year, and will produce around 35 points......................Drouin/Part Deux
No way form my perspective................we dodged a bullet last summer.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

guy hated playing for Torts - doubt he could handle 20,000 fans yelling at him to wake the f*** up

• Haha
Reactions: Guess

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
guy hated playing for Torts - doubt he could handle 20,000 fans yelling at him to wake the f*** up
Habs would have to find a way to LTIR him. What a disaster.

The only way i would take on PLD is if its on a minimum show-me contract like what the Avs did with Drouin. Which means LA would have to buy him out first. I doubt Blake buys him out before his NMC kicks in.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Hard to believe that in the first round of the 2016 draft; the 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks are dying or have died on the vine......

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Funny that before the trade Dubois was front and center on the trade board.

After the trade, he is still front and center on the trade board.

This guy has more written about him on HF then any other player. Now most of it bad.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I wonder if Wash would kick tires on him...

Dubois & Kaliev for Kuznetsov

Caps roll the dice that 4th time is a charm, get Kaliev as a sweetener

Kings cut their losses and gain the expiring Kuznetsov contract at the expense of Kaliev.

You had me at hello.

Seriously though can you even trade Kuznetsov when he's getting help?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You had me at hello.

Seriously though can you even trade Kuznetsov when he's getting help?
Not sure...

But as long as he cleared the program before PLDs no trade kicks in (July 1st I would guess?) then they could swing it.

Not a fan of either team, but I can see Blake trying to fix this b4 PLD has full control & I can see Leonis giving the ok since the caps have some big cap space opening up and not much in terms of fwd talent in their mid-20s to guide this transition from the Ovie era

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Time to buy low on Dubois or get him on a reduced caphit has probably passed. He's seemingly turned it around the last few games and is giving the Kings atleast 2C level performance. No way he gets moved now if the Kings management were even considering it earlier.

• Haha
Reactions: funky and Guess

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Time to buy low on Dubois or get him on a reduced caphit has probably passed. He's seemingly turned it around the last few games and is giving the Kings atleast 2C level performance. No way he gets moved now if the Kings management were even considering it earlier.
A few games don't outweigh several seasons of data..

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
He will go back to his lazy way of playing soon. He is staying or traded is no concerned for the Habs. Any team can have Dubois if they want.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
As Jets fans, we've seen this show before. He can certainly look fantastic for a short stint, but is likely to revert to long periods of laclustre play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad