LeBrun: Dubois wants out of Winnipeg, will not sign a contract for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wether thay are interested or not is moot if its the best offer they get they'll take it.

And no one knows what the offers have been. He just made up that one. The Jets already have decisons to make at LD. A LD is not going to be part of a PLD trade.

Edit : I guess unless it's a newly drafted LD. Any young NHL LD that requires a roster spot is probably a no go, period.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Wether thay are interested or not is moot if its the best offer they get they'll take it.
Lol that's not how it works

I can almost guarentee that if that offer had been floated, chevy would have politely told Hughes he has no need for mediocre LHD and to offer a different piece

This whole idea of "winnipeg will take our shit offer whether they like it or not" is insane

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Harris is a good piece that has value. He also is behind a huge logjam at LD on the Habs.

I get trying to move him this summer, but the Jets seem like the worst fit for our LD.

I really like Barron, but I'm guessing he is included if Dubois goes to MTL. Just sucks for the Habs as it opens up a big hole at RD.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
And no one knows what the offers have been. He just made up that one. The Jets already have decisons to make at LD. A LD is not going to be part of a PLD trade.

Edit : I guess unless it's a newly drafted LD. Any young NHL LD that requires a roster spot is probably a no go, period.

Just a heads up Harris has played much of his pre-nhl career on the Right. He hasn't done it much in the NHL yet. But he has a lot in the NCAA

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Doesn't change the fact that if thats the best thing thats offered Chevy won't have any other thing but to take it.

Otherwise PLD will just sign his QO and be done with the Jets in a year.

They cab trade him at the TDL, but the return may be terrible if PLD isnt performing.

Harris is a good piece that has value. He also is behind a huge logjam at LD on the Habs.

I get trying to move him this summer, but the Jets seem like the worst fit for our LD.

I really like Barron, but I'm guessing he is included if Dubois goes to MTL. Just sucks for the Habs as it opens up a big hole at RD.
Barris. Or any prospect thats partnof our top 5-10 shouldnt be included.

You lose the deal when you deL and your hands are tied. Jets fans need to understand they won't get a dollar back for their dollar. It sucks but it's true.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just a heads up Harris has played much of his pre-nhl career on the Right. He hasn't done it much in the NHL yet. But he has a lot in the NCAA

And Ville Heinola played a lot on the right as well, and we already have Nate Schmidt as a lefty who plays on the right side. And they have Declan Chisholm who requires waivers.

The Jets aren't going to value Harris the same way the Habs do.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Doesn't change the fact that if thats the best thing thats offered Chevy won't have any other thing but to take it.

They cab trade him at the TDL, but the return may be terrible if PLD isnt performing.

You lose the deal when you deL and your hands are tied. Jets fans need to understand they won't get a dollar back for their dollar. It sucks but it's true.

Even if he's playing poorly he'd get a better return than one of the lowest 1st rounders possible and a superfluous young NHLer.

Getting a dollar back for a dollar would be getting Suzuki, an equal player back. No Jets fans expect that.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Even if he's playing poorly he'd get a better return than one of the lowest 1st rounders possible and a superfluous young NHLer.

Getting a dollar back for a dollar would be getting Suzuki, an equal player back. No Jets fans expect that.
That us if he's playing at all.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Or Dubois is using the Habs narrative to gain leverage over the team that trades for him? He could sign the Horvat contract and more this way. Maxim contract leverage.
Maybe..but...

He lives in Quebec and that would be the ultimate pissing in his bed. I know rural Quebeckers and they are not that forgot and forgiving kind. Especially under these circumstances.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If you know anything about Chevy, you would know that he would never make that trade.
If worse comes to worse, PLD will start with the Jets or sit.
I expect the return will be much better than what most Habs fans will be offering.
Canes or Kings is my guess.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
FzLz6hkXgAECd4t

FzAMKVTWAA4niN5

I mean, Jets fans can still act in denial but it's pretty clear to me where his heart is
Yes left center chest cavity

Reactions: hn777

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Ok how about Harris+31st+Conditional 7th for Dubois at 7.5x8 years , take it or leave it seems like a slam dunk to me . We don't need him and you guys can't keep him it works out perfectly
Easy no from both the Jets and Dubois himself. Jets get way more at the trade deadline as a rental and Dubois won't sign for that.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
I saw this thread had 143 pages, figured there be one big updates or information in here. Nope.

PLD has played his last game in Winnipeg.

What's next for him, as a sens fan, I hope it's Montreal. This guy is over rated as f.

My two cents for nothing.

Post edit.....Now that I said this, Dorion is gonna trade for him, sigh

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Easy no from both the Jets and Dubois himself. Jets get way more at the trade deadline as a rental and Dubois won't sign for that.
Yeah not sure why the Habs fans keep chiming in "their price", they don't want to give up the return or the contract. It's getting obvious he is going to be making a home elsewhere

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Maybe..but...

He lives in Quebec and that would be the ultimate pissing in his bed. I know rural Quebeckers and they are not that forgot and forgiving kind. Especially under these circumstances.
The dude obviously wants to go there. As has been alluded to so often already, they don't want to pay what it costs in trade return or contract. It's not him not choosing Montreal, it's Montreal not being as interested back.

Lol that's not how it works

I can almost guarentee that if that offer had been floated, chevy would have politely told Hughes he has no need for mediocre LHD and to offer a different piece

This whole idea of "winnipeg will take our shit offer whether they like it or not" is insane
It's not insane, it's wishful thinking manifesting itself on a message board lol

More wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad