Rumor: Dubois not signing long term, plans to go to Unrestricted Free Agency in 2024

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Sounds like a baby. Not sure why Habs fans want this guy...jkjk I know why

This kid could be a powerhouse game in and game out but he lacks any kind of work ethic needed. Most of the time he looks pretty lazy out there. Tack another cpl of years on his age and he'll no longer be that young kid with mountains of potential that people seem to go crazy for and he'll just be yet another "could have been" NHL player. Glad my team doesn't appear interested in dealing for him.
Hes massively overated imo

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
The only reason you tell a team you're going to test free agency two years out is because you don't wanna be there and are hoping they trade you as a result of you saying that. It's very obvious PLD isn't gonna be happy unless it's a very specific market that he deems attractive because CBJ and WPG ain't it. The only way you can do that and get away with it is if your name is Adam Fox and PLD is not even close to that level of impact. PLD is not good enough to justify the me-first attitude. Rangers need to stay far, far away from this guy.

I also think this has been blown completely out of proportion. Of course Drury and Chevy would have chats about it because these teams have a good trading relationship and the need for NYR.

But what makes absolutely no sense about all this is why wouldn't the Rangers just re-sign Copp who will come in at a lower cap hit (when they're cap strapped, btw), who you ALREADY PAID ASSETS for, and who you got to see an actual live body of playoff work from and it went really well?

Quebec media at it again because the guys name is Pierre-Luc. Summertime clickbaiting at it's finest from all parties involved. He's not going to the Rangers, book it

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Two firsts sounds like a lot, but when one is 26th and the other likely to be in the 32-28th range, its closer to being 2 2nd round picks. The value of the two 1st round picks if you want to compare do not hold the same value. The 26th pick is not equal to the 16th pick this year. Also, Tuch and Krebs > Dvorak and Barron
So wait. Your trying to say that 2 actual first rd picks are closer to being 2- 2nd rd picks than 1st rd picks.:popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: McPhees Moustache

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Those MTL offers have nothing shiny in them.

NYR have way better quality pieces to offer, and the motivation to part with them Vs the nickels and dimes MTL fans are suggesting here.

Dvorak is about as enticing as a nice warm glass of milk and we don’t care about him no matter how much you talk him up.
True,

Thats because The Habs are a week away from not needing him in the least. They can roll Suzuki and Wright for the next decade and be just fine. The wont pay the price to get him when he isn't really an urgent need, especially since he leaked it that he wants to go to UFA soon. That really tanked his value.....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You edited after I responded so I'll reply again, sorry for the double notification.

I have faith that Lundkvist and next year's first is better than Harris/Kidney and this year's Flames 1st, enough to gap any difference between Chytil and Dvorak. Chytil is also 4 years younger, which is important when it comes to the Jets timeline as moving out players like Dubois shows the team is going to take a step backwards at this point.

So yes, Rangers 2023 1st+Chytil+Lundkvist is a better offer than the 2022 Flames 1st+Harris/Kidney+Dvorak.

Fair and it's your choice. Thank you for saying better and not using words like hilarious.

Need a major upgrade on Harris or Kidney.

Fast forward 12 months and you might have a different opinion on them two.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Dubois to MTL for Anderson and Dvorak

It gives winnipeg 2 top 9 players capable of playing right away and signed for minimum 3 years (Dvorak) and 5 years (Anderson).

We can give trade them a center too, like Kidney if they want another controled asset for more than 3 years.

Oh and for MTL, they draft the winger at first overall after that trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sounds like a baby. Not sure why Habs fans want this guy...jkjk I know why

Hes massively overated imo

"Massively"? Like he is only a 3C type overrated? :sarcasm:

If Schneider is included, pretty sure Othmann wouldn’t be.

Doubt the Rangers trade Schneider at this point. Maybe Othmann though

Lundqvist is barely an NHLer and I like Chytil, but these two alone don’t get Dubois.

Why are these type of offers not ridiculed as much as Habs offers do? Dvorak and Harris alone is equal to that offer and that gets attacked way more while I'm also offering the Flames 1st.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Those MTL offers have nothing shiny in them.

NYR have way better quality pieces to offer, and the motivation to part with them Vs the nickels and dimes MTL fans are suggesting here.

Dvorak is about as enticing as a nice warm glass of milk and we don’t care about him no matter how much you talk him up.

Yeah, and the Chytil+Lundkvist offer is not shinny either. Dvorak and Harris is equal to that offer and arguablly worth more while I am offering the Flames 1st on top.

You think the Rangers have better pieces but are they even offering them to you? Or do you really think Chytil and Lundkvist is worth more?

FYI.. Dvorak has better development than Chytil at the same age and is only 3.5 years older. I seen someone yesterday say that Dvorak is a cap dump. :laugh:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lundqvist is barely an NHLer and I like Chytil, but these two alone don’t get Dubois.
I don’t like Lundkvist as much as Ranger fans but not really his fault considering his competition is Fox, Trouba, Schneider. He’s a good prospect with one of the best shots among defensemen already

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
I would like to point out Roy and Poehling have drastically different values.
Not drastically really. Some value Roy right now a lot more because he had a good D+1 year. It's promising, especially since he hardly played the year before, but Poehling was also a promising prospect.
If that's the breaking point in the deal then WPG could easily choose one over the other as per preference, but in my deal I'm okay with giving up either piece.
Drastically different value would be something like Romanov vs Xekaj.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Schneider is included, pretty sure Othmann wouldn’t be.

Agreed

So far the rangers fans offers are much more attractive then Habs fans offers so hopefully thats how the GM's are talking also. I would be pleased with multi of the Rangers fans offers.

Reactions: Thechozen1

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Not drastically really. Some value Roy right now a lot more because he had a good D+1 year. It's promising, especially since he hardly played the year before, but Poehling was also a promising prospect.
If that's the breaking point in the deal then WPG could easily choose one over the other as per preference, but in my deal I'm okay with giving up either piece.
Drastically different value would be something like Romanov vs Xekaj.
Poehling has no value right now while Roy just destroyed the Q at 18 years old and being nominated for CHL player of the year

these 2 have completely different values :laugh:

Dirtyclapper

Sep 3, 2021
North Van
The only reason you tell a team you're going to test free agency two years out is because you don't wanna be there and are hoping they trade you as a result of you saying that. It's very obvious PLD isn't gonna be happy unless it's a very specific market that he deems attractive because CBJ and WPG ain't it. The only way you can do that and get away with it is if your name is Adam Fox and PLD is not even close to that level of impact. PLD is not good enough to justify the me-first attitude. Rangers need to stay far, far away from this guy.

I also think this has been blown completely out of proportion. Of course Drury and Chevy would have chats about it because these teams have a good trading relationship and the need for NYR.

But what makes absolutely no sense about all this is why wouldn't the Rangers just re-sign Copp who will come in at a lower cap hit (when they're cap strapped, btw), who you ALREADY PAID ASSETS for, and who you got to see an actual live body of playoff work from and it went really well?

Quebec media at it again because the guys name is Pierre-Luc. Summertime clickbaiting at it's finest from all parties involved. He's not going to the Rangers, book it
PLD played with panarin in Columbus. Makes more sense now? Also he's much better then copp

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah, and the Chytil+Lundkvist offer is not shinny either. Dvorak and Harris is equal to that offer and arguablly worth more while I am offering the Flames 1st on top.

You think the Rangers have better pieces but are they even offering them to you? Or do you really think Chytil and Lundkvist is worth more?

FYI.. Dvorak has better development than Chytil at the same age and is only 3.5 years older. I seen someone yesterday say that Dvorak is a cap dump. :laugh:
The difference is they already know what Dvorak has become in the NHL. Can he produce more and be useful? Absolutely. But it's not enticing. They rather go with players barely 22 and hope their success out of the NHL (Like Lundkvist, Othmann, or Schneider) translates to being pretty good NHL players for them. That doesn't mean it's going to happen. But if you're trading away your center, and most likely have no plans going forward for your other center and winger -wheeler, then you're looking to bring in younger pieces.

Chytil looked good in the playoffs and has produced when not playing 3c. I think converting to wing is in his future. Is he good defensively? No. But I can see why some teams would rather than a shot on him than what they already know in Dvorak. That doesn't mean Chytil is the better player.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
A whole lot of salt is being thrown at PLD simply because he doesn't want to spend more of his career than he has to in Columbus and/or Winnipeg. It's not like he's held out and refused to report; as far as anyone knows he's been nothing but professional and hard-working while performing the duties called for in his contract. Every body else in the world has a choice of where to work; why should athletes not be afforded that same right once their restricted-ness ends?

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
Poehling has no value right now while Roy just destroyed the Q at 18 years old and being nominated for CHL player of the year

these 2 have completely different values :laugh:
Look at Roy's team this year and look at their ages; most players in his league are under 20. Do the same for Poehling's 18 y/o year at St Cloud. You don't know what we have in Joshua Roy until he plays a year in Laval. They're players at two different stages of their careers and both do have value, both are young.

This wasn't a proposed straight up trade between them. It was a u-pick of lesser prospects in comparison to a player putting up big numbers and still underachieving at the NHL level (Dubois). Dvorak is the main piece. If the team adding wants a roster player then something like Poehling can leave (Evans also but I think Poehling is more appealing) but if they want a promising young prospect then they can take something like Roy. Both are expendable, to me, if the return is Dubois

So you think they're nowhere near each other in terms of value. Okay, easy decision for WPG then. They hate everything the Habs will offer besides Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov anyway.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Look at Roy's team this year and look at their ages; most players in his league are under 20. Do the same for Poehling's 18 y/o year at St Cloud. You don't know what we have in Joshua Roy until he plays a year in Laval. They're players at two different stages of their careers and both do have value, both are young.

This wasn't a proposed straight up trade between them. It was a u-pick of lesser prospects in comparison to a player putting up big numbers and still underachieving at the NHL level (Dubois). Dvorak is the main piece. If the team adding wants a roster player then something like Poehling can leave (Evans also but I think Poehling is more appealing) but if they want a promising young prospect then they can take something like Roy. Both are expendable, to me, if the return is Dubois

So you think they're nowhere near each other in terms of value. Okay, easy decision for WPG then. They hate everything the Habs will offer besides Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov anyway.
i woudlnt give 1 Roy for 5 Poehlings

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
A whole lot of salt is being thrown at PLD simply because he doesn't want to spend more of his career than he has to in Columbus and/or Winnipeg. It's not like he's held out and refused to report; as far as anyone knows he's been nothing but professional and hard-working while performing the duties called for in his contract. Every body else in the world has a choice of where to work; why should athletes not be afforded that same right once their restricted-ness ends?
i think the issue is why make this a thing now unless you are trying to force your way out again. if he signs a contract and the jets dont trade him everyone should expect the same quitting that he did in colubus to facilitate that trade. this kid continues to act like he wants the superstar status clout that he has never earned, AND he wants the $$$.

i would like the player for his skillset, but i want nothing to do with this entitled person.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If the Habs do not need Dubois because they will have Suzuki/Wright, why even throw bad proposals at the Jets that can be easily beaten by other teams? You're cluttering the thread.

You don't need to poke around here just because PLD can say, "Je m'appelle Pierre-Luc."

Reactions: Viqsi

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The difference is they already know what Dvorak has become in the NHL. Can he produce more and be useful? Absolutely. But it's not enticing. They rather go with players barely 22 and hope their success out of the NHL (Like Lundkvist, Othmann, or Schneider) translates to being pretty good NHL players for them. That doesn't mean it's going to happen. But if you're trading away your center, and most likely have no plans going forward for your other center and winger -wheeler, then you're looking to bring in younger pieces.

Chytil looked good in the playoffs and has produced when not playing 3c. I think converting to wing is in his future. Is he good defensively? No. But I can see why some teams would rather than a shot on him than what they already know in Dvorak. That doesn't mean Chytil is the better player.

Dvorak produced more than Chytil at the same age. You're hoping Chytil jumps forward a lot which is possible but not probable at this stage. Probability say he might be a Dvorak at the same age today.

I get it, Dvorak don't turn the needle but neither does Chytil. Dvorak is not a cap dump. He's a very effective middle 2C type. Not as good as Dubois yeah but if the Jets trade Dubois and still want to compete, Dvorak is a good return on top of futures in the package.

Up to the Jets. If they like Chytil more, it's their choice

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Dvorak produced more than Chytil at the same age. You're hoping Chytil jumps forward a lot which is possible but not probable at this stage. Probability say he might be a Dvorak at the same age today.

I get it, Dvorak don't turn the needle but neither does Chytil. Dvorak is not a cap dump. He's a very effective middle 2C type. Not as good as Dubois yeah but if the Jets trade Dubois and still want to compete, Dvorak is a good return on top of futures in the package.

Up to the Jets. If they like Chytil more, it's their choice
I get what you're saying and nobody is saying Chytil has more potential or is a better fit for the line-up right now, but you already know what you're getting with Dvorak and it's not something that moves the needle for them. With Chytil, regardless if they want him included in the package or not, is still younger and although risky, could end up being valuable. It's a chance teams might be willing to take because there's still an unknown. Chytil wouldn't be the biggest piece going back to them and would most likely cost a pick plus another good prospect.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes