GDT: |Dubnyk vs Dallas|Dubnyk does Dallas and this time it's Biblical|7:30PM MT|SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
I want to see more than 1 shot every 4 minutes. Dont care if shots are from our goal line

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers morning skate power-play units: JSchultz-Hall-Eberle-RNH-Hartikainen and Petry-Gagner-Yakupov-Hemsky-Paajarvi

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
I think VandeVelde plays, assuming he gets here in time and feels OK. Ralph spoke specifically yesterday about needing 4 centermen to play.

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
Morning skate lines: Hall-RNH-Eberle, Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky, Hartikainen-Belanger-Paajarvi, Eager-Smyth-Petrell. VandeVelde not here yet.

Sub Vandy for Smyth and I really like the look of those lines. Keep Whitney the **** out of the lineup as well and IMO we are in a good position to win tonight's game. I'm going to say that the 1st line FINALLY has a breakout game tonight.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers morning skate power-play units: JSchultz-Hall-Eberle-RNH-Hartikainen and Petry-Gagner-Yakupov-Hemsky-Paajarvi

I know that some people aren't big on playing Paajarvi on the PP, but IMO he can be very good on the point. I'd like to see him working the onetime pass to Nail.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
@Oilersfan11"Center Eric Belanger (toe) could make his return"

To Edmonton ice?

He played against Columbus.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I know that some people aren't big on playing Paajarvi on the PP, but IMO he can be very good on the point. I'd like to see him working the onetime pass to Nail.

If Shawn freaking Horcoff gets 1st line pp time then there should be no player on the roster that gets criticized for it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If Shawn freaking Horcoff gets 1st line pp time then there should be no player on the roster that gets criticized for it.

Not that you'll ever give him credit but he was quite good at going to the front of the net. Something Ryan Smyth should learn.

Anyway, is 25 shots for and against too much to ask this game?

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
How did Horcoff go from kind of "meh" he will be back after a game to just being gone? Shouldn't be surprised it happens with almost all of our injuries.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
Ryan Smyth doing extra skating with Ryan Whitney. Looks like Smyth is a scratch

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How did Horcoff go from kind of "meh" he will be back after a game to just being gone? Shouldn't be surprised it happens with almost all of our injuries.

He was out with the neck issue and came back only to have a knuckle broken.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Interesting. Hopefully the guys remain good soldiers.

I think they're both going to have to be moved if they can't find their way back into the lineup. It'll be nearly impossible for Smyth when Jones and Horcoff are back, right now his best bet is probably to beat out Petrell if Hartikainen keeps up his strong board play and Paajarvi continues killing penalties effectively.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I have to agree, we all wanted it and I was wondering if they would sit Smyth or give him a chance to redeem himself. Either way be nice to see if Smyth can rebound.

I hope he does. I don't really like Smyth but I think he's an important guy. Still it's nice to see accountability. If not for Gagner's and MPS's heroics last game we're likely looking at a six game losing streak.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Yes! We might have a good shot of winning this game without Smyth and Whitney's 2 penalties/game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad