GDT: |Dubnyk vs Dallas|Dubnyk does Dallas and this time it's Biblical|7:30PM MT|SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
TV: FS-SW,SNET-W

Last 10: Dallas 5-4-1, Edmonton 4-3-3

Season series: This is the second of three meetings. The Stars edged out the Oilers 3-2 on overtime in their first match up this season last Wednesday. Jaromir Jagr notched the game-winning goal at the 1:46 mark of the extra session.

Big story: The Oilers and Stars are neck-and-neck in the Western Conference standings at ninth and 10th place, respectively. Both teams are twelve games into the shortened season, making the two points up for grabs in Tuesday’s contest all the more important.

Team Scope:

Stars: The Stars are looking to extend their current streak to four straight wins as they open their three-game Western Canadian trip in Edmonton.

Dallas finally got its power play in order after scoring just once in 16 opportunities prior to Friday’s 3-1 win against Anaheim. The Stars notched two power-play goals in the first period of that contest, with Trevor Daley and Jamie Benn each cashing in.

"Just keep working on it, watching some video, working on it in practice," Benn said of the power-play unit's success. "I think it just comes down to shooting pucks and keeping it simple and I think we did that tonight."

Oilers: If netminder Devan Dubnyk performs half as well as he did in Sunday’s 3-1 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets, then the Oilers likely to have little to worry about against the Stars.

Dubnyk stopped 39 shots in that contest while his teammates rifled off just 14 shots of their own.

“It was a fun game to play and obviously a little more work than usual, but that’s my job -- to stop everything that comes to me,†Dubnyk said. “It’s nice to steal a win for the team.â€

The Oilers also spent their off day addressing penalty troubles because they currently rank 26th overall in minor penalties and they have been shorthanded 61 times this season – more than any other team in the League.

“It's something we're addressing here and trying to correct," Oilers coach Ralph Krueger told the team’s official website. "There's a lot of areas of improvement. We've been speaking about them on a weekly basis. One week it's the d-zone coverage, another week it's the turnovers in the neutral zone. At present, we're trying to get our shorthanded (situations) under control."

Who's hot: Sam Gagner leads the Oilers offense with 13 points so far this season (four goals, nine assists), including a goal and an assist in his last outing. … Veteran forward Jaromir Jagr has three points in as many games for the Stars, and his eight points are a team-best.

Injury report: Edmonton will be without forwards Ryan Jones (eye), Shawn Horcoff (hand) and Anton Lander (foot). Center Eric Belanger (toe) could make his return. … Dallas forward Ray Whitney (foot) is on injured reserve and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

Last edited:

Oiled up*

I never have faith when the Oilers play the Stars because the always own us... But I have a good feelong about this game for some odd reason. 4-1 good guys.

GO :edmonton GO!!!!

jalbert

Feb 5, 2013
Moose Jaw, SK
If Oiler win this, they will jump to 5th in the west. It's a must win, as long as doobie does what he does we should have a good opportunity!

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Basically the season is on the line starting tonight. If the Oilers do not come out of the next 5 games with a minimum of 8 points they are toast with a 9 game in 16 day road trip coming up.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Basically the season is on the line starting tonight. If the Oilers do not come out of the next 5 games with a minimum of 8 points they are toast with a 9 game in 16 day road trip coming up.

We got 6pts.. at home and 7pts. on the road. Maybe the road trip will be a good thing. But yes I agree, we need to own at home.

oilfaninvan

Mar 31, 2004
van
I'm going to lower my expectations so that I don't spend the night frustrated and angry. Haha. Oil 1 Dal 2 OT

Boondockjock

Feb 8, 2013
First time posting on HFboards.

Can't wait for the game tonight. I will be in attendance, so lets hope for a great game.

3-1 Oil.

OIL:
Yak
J. Shultz
Hemsky

STARS:
Jagr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad