GDT: |Dubnyk vs Dallas|Dubnyk does Dallas and this time it's Biblical|7:30PM MT|SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Never a good feeling when playing Dallas. The team has leaked defensive chances all over the place in the last game and were ona 5 game losing streak. Hopefully they correct their mistakes but the forwards play too loose and are bad defensively. Dubnyk will have to stand on his head again to have a chance.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
hopefully the oilers pretend dallas is the blackhawks and just roll them for 10 goals. give dubby a break.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I'm hoping to see

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Hartikainen - Belanger - Paajarvi
Eager - Vande Velde - Petrell

Smyth should be getting the Whitney treatment right now. I also liked the top six better before the recent changes.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Dubs is due for a shutout. 3-0 Oilers. I say we get outshot 30-26. I'm also starting to wonder if Dubnyk is much like Luongo was when he played for Florida. Basically the more puck he sees the better he plays.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I am going to say 4-2 Edmonton, my gut tells me that they will lose because they never play well at home after coming back from a road trip...but I have faith!

I hope they realize how important these 5 games at home are... that 9 game road trip is going to be a disaster if the Oilers do not dominate this home stand..

This would be ideal and realistic:

5 Home stand 3-1-1

9 game road trip 3-4-2

leaving them with a 6-5-3 record through 14 games..

Anything better than this and I would be very very happy. Anything worse and I think they are in trouble...

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
First time posting on HFboards.

Can't wait for the game tonight. I will be in attendance, so lets hope for a great game.

3-1 Oil.

OIL:
Yak
J. Shultz
Hemsky

STARS:
Jagr

welcome to HF!

as far as my game day prediction goes: 4-1 stars... our scoring woes continue and we NEVER beat the stars... that is a bad combination

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
hopefully the oilers pretend dallas is the blackhawks and just roll them for 10 goals. give dubby a break.

Chicago is one team I am not looking forward to playing.
We embarrassed them a few times last year.
They look great this year and will be looking for revenge.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Funny thing is though.... The Stars are just as bad as us in that they let a lot of shots on their net as well.

Anytime we play a team with a poor statistic similar to ours, without a doubt they school us in said statistic. Poor power play? Here's some power play goals. Terrible faceoffs? Here's some won draws. What's that? You let a lot of shots on net? Don't worry, we'll let you dominate us all game while we stickhandle through four guys and launch passes at each others ankles.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
I think VandeVelde plays, assuming he gets here in time and feels OK. Ralph spoke specifically yesterday about needing 4 centermen to play.

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
Morning skate lines: Hall-RNH-Eberle, Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky, Hartikainen-Belanger-Paajarvi, Eager-Smyth-Petrell. VandeVelde not here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad