Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know he's disliked around here for his questionable hits on Bruins players, but Trotz is playing Tom Wilson on a line with Ovechkin and Backstrom. The games I've seen, it's been quite effective. He's not only keeping other teams honest with the star players, he's getting under opponents' skin.

I`m one who`s never really bought the "keeping him honest" stuff. You look at this Bruins team at the time Savvy received the jackwagon hit from Cooke, this B`s team was, at that time, as "tough" as they come if you equate toughness with guys willing to drop the mitts. There was not a shortage of mitt droppers on the B`s roster for a 3-4 year window and I still saw plenty of opponents make questionable hits vs the B`s

I used to believe it, but I looked back at those days and I recall more than just a few times after a game that fans were less than impressed with the B`s reaction to this hit or that hit

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I`m one who`s never really bought the "keeping him honest" stuff. You look at this Bruins team at the time Savvy received the jackwagon hit from Cooke, this B`s team was, at that time, as "tough" as they come if you equate toughness with guys willing to drop the mitts. There was not a shortage of mitt droppers on the B`s roster for a 3-4 year window and I still saw plenty of opponents make questionable hits vs the B`s

I used to believe it, but I looked back at those days and I recall more than just a few times after a game that fans were less than impressed with the B`s reaction to this hit or that hit

Marchand decks Tavares with stick up in his face. How big was the Icelanders response?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ya he did have some game back then. I cant believe he's been around now for 10 yrs already but I think Bolls time in the NHL has come to an end.

8 NHL goals since the start of the 2011-12 season. He had 7 in one season the year before in 2010-11.

I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
People are bringing up Boll's demotion as some sort of verification that teams don't want toughness?

Boll was replaced by Liambas --who is a younger, better fighter and hungier (9 fights already this year) but to make it sound like the Ducks are moving away from toughness is really a stretch when they have, besides Liambas, a tough customer in Beauchemin, Josh Manson --who can hang with anyone in the league, ditto the 234pd Ritchie on RW. Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler will fight other team's stars. They also have Wagner who, if you have not been paying attention, is easily the best and most devastating hitter in the league right now.

Oh, and Bieksa is back to his 1 punch ways again these days.

So yeah:

Beauchemin
Manson
Perry
Getzlaf
Kesler
Bieksa
Liambas
Wagner
Ritchie

Boy oh boy, with the Boll waiving the Ducks are standing on a rooftop yelling to the hockey world that they don't believe in icing a rough team anymore.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
People are bringing up Boll's demotion as some sort of verification that teams don't want toughness?

Boll was replaced by Liambas --who is a younger, better fighter and hungier (9 fights already this year) but to make it sound like the Ducks are moving away from toughness is really a stretch when they have, besides Liambas, a tough customer in Beauchemin, Josh Manson --who can hang with anyone in the league, ditto the 234pd Ritchie on RW. Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler will fight other team's stars. They also have Wagner who, if you have not been paying attention, is easily the best and most devastating hitter in the league right now.
Oh, and Bieksa is back to his 1 punch ways again these days.

So yeah:

Beauchemin
Manson
Perry
Getzlaf
Kesler
Bieksa
Liambas
Wagner
Ritchie

Boy oh boy, with the Boll waiving the Ducks are standing on a rooftop yelling to the hockey world that they don't believe in icing a rough team anymore.
and they're a .500 team with a negative goal differential

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Nobody said that at all.

Boll was sent down because he's a bad hockey player, period.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Jared Boll is such a terrible hockey player he jumped from juniors directly to the NHL and has never played an AHL game in his life in what, 8 years?

Are some of you allergic to testosterone? He's no more one dimensional than some of the guys on our roster.

Reactions: Brent Hughes

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Jared Boll is such a terrible hockey player he jumped from juniors directly to the NHL and has never played an AHL game in his life in what, 8 years?

Are some of you allergic to testosterone? He's no more one dimensional than some of the guys on our roster.

Lou, with all due respect, the guy’s career high is 14 pts (and that was in his sophomore year). In the next 8 seasons, he hit 12 pts once and the rest are single digits.

I’m not allergic to testosterone...I am allergic to bad hockey players. I don’t think anybody here would be against adding a tough, hard-nosed player that can actually perform. That’s not Boll.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lou, with all due respect, the guy’s career high is 14 pts (and that was in his sophomore year). In the next 8 seasons, he hit 12 pts once and the rest are single digits.

I’m not allergic to testosterone...I am allergic to bad hockey players. I don’t think anybody here would be against adding a tough, hard-nosed player that can actually perform. That’s not Boll.

Didn't say I wanted him just thought the knocking of him was funny considering we have a guy like Schaller who Buffalo didn't want and someone who cleared waivers last September. Boll must have brought something more than goonery considering he's never even sniffed the minors before.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

That will be enough of that, we need another 4 or 5 Tim Schaller, Riley Nash or Ryan Spooner clones. You know one dimensional players that meet peoples arguments that tough hockey is not allowed any more and the Bruins are behind the times in becoming wimps.

They may have been slower to adapt to the new NHL but the Bruins are excelling in having the softest group of forwards I have ever seen here, even Dave Lewis had Jeremy Reich.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Didn't say I wanted him just thought the knocking of him was funny considering we have a guy like Schaller who Buffalo didn't want and someone who cleared waivers last September. Boll must have brought something more than goonery considering he's never even sniffed the minors before.

If he brings something other than goonery, I have never seen it.

The only thing that comes to mind when people mention Boll is the memory of Lucic absolutely handing him his lunch in a fight.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

577 games in the NHL but our experts here must think Alex Khokolachev will have a longer NHL career.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If he brings something other than goonery, I have never seen it.

The only thing that comes to mind when people mention Boll is the memory of Lucic absolutely handing him his lunch in a fight.

Pretty sure boll beat him twice after that is have to look.

My point is replace Schaller or Acciari with him and there is no difference on your team except you are getting someone thay seems like is a great teammate.

Also no AHL time is super impressive.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well since the Bruins hoisted the cup in 2011, Jared Boll has put the puck past the goaltender a grand total of 8 times in 296 games.

He does have 76 NHL fights in that same time-frame.

So yeah, he's pretty one-dimensional.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
577 games in the NHL but our experts here must think Alex Khokolachev will have a longer NHL career.

No one said that at all.

Simple question, do you think the Bruins should put in a waiver claim on Jared Boll? Yes or No?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty sure boll beat him twice after that is have to look.

My point is replace Schaller or Acciari with him and there is no difference on your team except you are getting someone thay seems like is a great teammate.

Also no AHL time is super impressive.

I'm no fan of either guy, but Schaller in particular is a better hockey player than Jared Boll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad