Speculation: Dreger: Devils/Flames had a tentative deal in place for Markstrom, Flames ownership said no

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
If that's the price, pivot to Saros? The only thing that scares me with him is the potential extension.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Conroy is just bad at this GM job. Losing trades, pushed around by the media, excuse making to the press, and media leaks. This guy looks in over his head
Oilers fans are experienced with useless management groups so you do have more credibility than others when making this analysis. Still don't agree with you though.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Let me get this straight

It gets out specifically what ownership wants in a trade to buy what their GM is selling to trade their goalie while 8 points out.. at the trade deadline, after trading half their defence and a main forward?

Wow

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I think they are, there will others that will want to leave.
Want to leave and will leave are 2 totally different stories.

And its not like teams that are under then right now like SJS CHI CBJ MTL OTT etc are going to miraculously become better than the.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Oilers fans are experienced with useless management groups so you do have more credibility than others when making this analysis. Still don't agree with you though.
I’m an Avs fan. I know real GM work.

Your lousy GM just lost authority. Owners shutting him down. It’s a weak look. Guy isn’t even authorized to do his job.

• Haha
Reactions: Banded Peak

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
“Marky has to be there when the guys are eliminated during the final week of the season.”

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Calgary Flames, the first team in modern NHL history to not have a GM.
The Jerry Jones structure… just without the past successes under his belt.

This owner was annoyed by the bad press trade compensation and asserted himself into the negotiations because he doesn’t trust his GM to horse trade.

Conroy might as well quit now.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Conroy is just bad at this GM job. Losing trades, pushed around by the media, excuse making to the press, and media leaks. This guy looks in over his head

God if only hf user McJedi were our GM
things would be so much better

Conroy has done well moving the franchise forward. Treliving left him a big bowl of shit and he's turned it into an entire draft class worth of picks and several contributing roster players and prospects. You really just don't know what you're talking about.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
The Jerry Jones structure… just without the past successes under his belt.

This owner was annoyed by the bad press trade compensation and asserted himself into the negotiations because he doesn’t trust his GM to horse trade.

Conroy might as well quit now.
Avalanche fan in Florida who has an Oilers username. Cool stuff dude.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
In all seriousness, I don't know when the last time was that I heard this much garbage flying about regarding a trade. Retention. Not not retention, its competing. No, not competing, they want Mercer. Can't agree on the the compensation, no, they were really close on the player comp but couldn't come to terms on the retention comp.

Like, damn.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
You have to think this is bs. If you have Mercer on the table for Markstrom straight up, you take it.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The issue has been Mercer vs Holtz for weeks. Conroy has been refusing to budge and willing to wait until the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad