Speculation: Dreger: Devils/Flames had a tentative deal in place for Markstrom, Flames ownership said no

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
This was hinted by Darren Dreger on Flames Barn Burner today.

He said there is a tentative trade in place, Devils and Conroy have agreed to a trade. But Flames upper management and ownership had said no over the past couple days.

The ownership believes the Flames are in a prime spot to make a playoff run, and don't want to part with Markstrom and give up on the season. Conroy has spent the last couple days trying to convince ownership that the Flames should trade Markstrom for assets.

This is crazy to me, because the Flames are 8 points out of a playoff spot and just traded 2 key pieces out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Markstrom's gotta be pretty pissed right now, knowing Calgary's shipping away parts and isn't likely to contend again for a while.

You'd think the team would do right by him and send him out with the others.

That said, the Devils are just as close to a playoff spot as the Flames are, but with Markstrom I feel like that'd change in a hurry.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
This was hinted by Darren Dreger on Flames Barn Burner today.

He said there is a tentative trade in place, Devils and Conroy have agreed to a trade. But Flames upper management and ownership had said no over the past couple days.

The ownership believes the Flames are in a prime spot to make a playoff run, and don't want to part with Markstrom and give up on the season. Conroy has spent the last couple days trying to convince ownership that the Flames should trade Markstrom for assets.

This is crazy to me, because the Flames are 8 points out of a playoff spot and just traded 2 key pieces out.
981bdd854049725d3bf6afa45f061af9.gif

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Markstrom's gotta be pretty pissed right now, knowing Calgary's shipping away parts and isn't likely to contend again for a while.

You'd think the team would do right by him and send him out with the others.

That said, the Devils are just as close to a playoff spot as the Flames are, but with Markstrom I feel like that'd change in a hurry.

Devils are not making the playoffs even with Markstrom at this point. They should absolutely wait until the offseason to look at goalie options.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
This was reported like two weeks ago. Sure you weren't watching a repeat?
Seravelli hinted about this a few days ago, but Dreger is now hearing the same thing.

This was on the latest show, which was this morning. Basically just saying this isn't a hold up between Flames and Devils but instead between Flames GM and the higher ups.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This is old news that came out shortly after Markstrom took a jab at Flames upper management.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
:laugh:

Stripping the rest of the squad for parts moving Hanifin and Lindholm, but gotta keep Markstrom for the stretch run!

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Seravelli hinted about this a few days ago, but Dreger is now hearing the same thing.

This was on the latest show, which was this morning. Basically just saying this isn't a hold up between Flames and Devils but instead between Flames GM and the higher ups.

oh well feels like I already knew this haha. Definitely before the Hanifin and Tanev trades as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad