Draisaitl vs MacKinnon

Who is better: Draisaitl, or MacKinnon?

• Total voters

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Patrick Kane is the Hart favourite right now if the Hawks make the playoffs. Hes the best winger of the 2010s and a top 3 player if he ends this year with a hart.

Kane is the greatest American talent ever and the 2nd best Blackhawk after Hull (a Hart imo pushes him ahead of Mikita this year)

Mack had 14 in 10 so remember in 6 games he was on pace to add 8 pts. S 22 in 16. 4 less than drai who has 26 in 16

Absolutely zero chance Kane is the frontrunner ahead of McDavid or Draisaitl.

With a win tonight the Oilers can move into a tie with the Habs for 2nd in the North.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Mack has 14 pts in 10 games, if we look at Drai points without Mcd its 11 in 16. Huge gap there. Now I personally accept Drai has moved past Mack this year mostly due to Mack getting injured which killed his momentum and shot to surpass McDavid. He was off to an incredible start despite poor shooting%. I have Drai ahead but if Mack comes back and finishes at a 1.5 ppg and then wins a smythe with a dominant playoff run I think he is 1B to Mcd who is 1A.

The gap between the two isnt large and if I had to have one player to add to the leafs I think I'd slightly lean towards Mack due to his monster playoff track record and slightly cheaper deal for the next few years.

Who is the most common teammate that MacKinnon gets points with? We should subtract those from the total as well if that's the exercise we're engaging in.

You do realize how stupid this looks to only do it for one player and not the other right? Like, people can recognize the hypocrisy of what you're doing. It's not a good look.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Mack has 14 pts in 10 games, if we look at Drai points without Mcd its 11 in 16. Huge gap there. Now I personally accept Drai has moved past Mack this year mostly due to Mack getting injured which killed his momentum and shot to surpass McDavid. He was off to an incredible start despite poor shooting%. I have Drai ahead but if Mack comes back and finishes at a 1.5 ppg and then wins a smythe with a dominant playoff run I think he is 1B to Mcd who is 1A.

The gap between the two isnt large and if I had to have one player to add to the leafs I think I'd slightly lean towards Mack due to his monster playoff track record and slightly cheaper deal for the next few years.
This is pathetic.

I'm born and raised from Colorado but none of Draisaitl's points with McDavid count at all? "Huge gap there" says more about the value of your opinion than you could realize.

Reactions: La Bamba

ijuka

May 14, 2016
And I’m sure that even if Mack supporters bring you with 100% concrete evidence that he is better than Drai, you’re still going to post similar nonsense like this to dismiss other people’s opinions.

There are countless knowledgeable posters stating legit facts supporting either Mack or Drai, and you’re so focused on the one guy who brought up +/- lol
Well, I have yet to see a more legit fact than: 26 > 14

I don't think stuff like "points scored with McDavid don't count" is "legit fact".

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Who is the most common teammate that MacKinnon gets points with? We should subtract those from the total as well if that's the exercise we're engaging in.

You do realize how stupid this looks to only do it for one player and not the other right? Like, people can recognize the hypocrisy of what you're doing. It's not a good look.
Yeah I had the exact same thought. Its absurd.

If you going to detract from a player's accomplishment you have to be more clever about it. Hamzarocks take is just stupid.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Hard to say. In thebpast i would have picked mcdavid but ive come to see that he is not without his warts. Many will say hes got a better team to work with, but the avs have hitvrashes of injuries in recent years and it just doesnt phase mackinnon. He keeps that team winning no matter who theyre missing. He plays an excellent, complete game no matter who hes with. I dont think its an absurd argument. Mackinnon may not be as flashy but he certainly is effective.

To be fair he's pretty damn flashy, but I think he's more arguably better than Draisaitl than he is McDavid. I would personally go McDavid>Drai>MacK but not much of a gap between them.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I'm curious, why do so many Leafs fans in particular try to discredit Draisaitl?

Even Flames and Canucks fans who regularly see Draisaitl more often don't act like that and they are by far bigger Oiler rivals. If anything, our biggest rivals defend and praise him. Likely due to being more acquainted with the player and not speaking from a position of ignorance like we see from some Leafs fans.

I mean, I have a good idea why some of you guys try to discredit him but it's perplexing at times to be honest.
Yeah credit where it is due. Flames and Canuck fans love to rip on the Oilers but they don't really shit on Draisaitl because they see him 6+ times a year and when Draisaitl puts up multiple multi point games against your team it tends to stick in memory that he is a dominant player.

Most of the Draisaitl detractors root for a team that wears Blue and White. Because they don't actually watch him aside from a few highlights and are uncomfortable with the fact that he'd be their best player and #1 center.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
To be fair he's pretty damn flashy, but I think he's more arguably better than Draisaitl than he is McDavid. I would personally go McDavid>Drai>MacK but not much of a gap between them.
Oh i dont think there is much question mack is country miles better than draisaitl. Bot even questionable. Mackinnon drives his line and his team. Draisaitl is more a passenger.

Mcd and mack is tougher to answer.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah credit where it is due. Flames and Canuck fans love to rip on the Oilers but they don't really shit on Draisaitl because they see him 6+ times a year and when Draisaitl puts up multiple multi point games against your team it tends to stick in memory that he is a dominant player.

Most of the Draisaitl detractors root for a team that wears Blue and White. Because they don't actually watch him aside from a few highlights and are uncomfortable with the fact that he'd be their best player and #1 center.

Draisaitl, if he played for the Leafs, would be the best player that franchise has ever had.

Him being a better player than Matthews or anyone who has worn that sweater likely plays a role in why they try to diminish him so much.

It's funny because even Flames hardly ever rip on Draisaitl and even at times defend the guy in polls like this. That's what makes it all the more bizarre when even our biggest rival doesn't act like that.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Bro. I watch Mackinnon play almost every game. I had season tickets to Avs games with my parents when I was in high school.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Just admit it bro, you dont watch mackinnon olay,

Last edited by a moderator:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Just admit it bro, you dont watch mackinnon ?
Jesus your reply is cringey.

I watch Mackinnon play a lot more than you thats for sure. And like you said, you don't watch Draisaitl play so that means you should stop flapping your gums.

I don't feel the need to downplay Draisaitl to be secure in the fact that Mackinnon is one of the premier players in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Draisaitl, if he played for the Leafs, would be the best player that franchise has ever had.

Him being a better player than Matthews or anyone who has worn that sweater likely plays a role in why they try to diminish him so much.

It's funny because even Flames hardly ever rip on Draisaitl and even at times defend the guy in polls like this. That's what makes it all the more bizarre when even our biggest rival doesn't act like that.
I think there a degree of mutual respect there. I've been a Gaudreau supporter even in recent polls after he had a downyear this past season. I don't love the Flames but Gaudreau's talent is undeniable since I've seen it on multiple occasions.

Would guess its the same feeling of begrudging admiration on the Flames end for Draisaitl.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm leaning dria.
Last year would have 100% said Mack.
The biggest difference between mack and drai is obviously McDavid and general linemate quality.

Teams that play the oilers have to worry about McDavid just as much(more) than dria so he takes some of the harder match ups dria might otherwise have to face himself.
MacKinnon doesn't get that luxury.
That said he (mackinnon) always has better linemates (even when rantanen and landeskog are injured)

The avs have enough depth that even if MacKinnon gets injured they'll still be a decent team.
The oilers are maybe a borderline playoff team with both McDavid and Dria healthy.
Yes McDavid gets some of the tougher Matchups and that does help dria a bit but he's (dria) also carrying around linemates that probably wouldn't play for the avs without significant injuries also, so it's kind of a wash

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What kind of formula are we using here?

If points with McDavid are worth zero. Are points with Rantanen and Landeskog worth at least something like 75%? Maybe Rantanen points are worth 50% and Landeskog points 75%? And now is that multiplicative?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Absolutely zero chance Kane is the frontrunner ahead of McDavid or Draisaitl.

With a win tonight the Oilers can move into a tie with the Habs for 2nd in the North.
Disagree on this. Kane has been more impressive than either relative to his team quality. If they make the playoffs Kane will be top 3 in league scoring. He should get the hart imo. Both Drai and McDavid are better but Kane would be more valuable to his team with barely any support

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Another ridiculous post. So with this kind of logic you are assuming that Drai would not have any points if he played that ice team with someone other than McD? Or are you just assuming that ice time disappears?
Come on guys. Be smarter than this.....

This is pathetic.

I'm born and raised from Colorado but none of Draisaitl's points with McDavid count at all? "Huge gap there" says more about the value of your opinion than you could realize.

I must have expressed what I was saying poorly. I dont hold Draisatl playing McDavid against him. The points without 97 argument wasn't mine. Some other posters were talking about it and one poster said that Drai has almost as many points without 97 than Mack does all year. I just posted the 14 in 10 vs 11 in 16 to show that is a false statement and unfair to MacKinnon.

I dont think Draisaitl is a product of McDavid after he showed out last year

I had him 4th coming into this season after McDavid, Kucherov and Mack, and now with Kucherov's injury and Mack getting hurt early, along with Draisaitl tearing it up I have him 2nd behind 97. I'm just pointing out, Mack can still move past him with a dominant playoffs. Draisaitl hasn't seperated himself as clear cut 2nd best yet

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Mikko Rantanen reading every Mackinnon vs. Draisaitl thread when McDavid's impact is brought up.

VerifiableRadiantCooter-small.gif

Mar 26, 2010
MacKinnon all day long. He is the superior player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad