Draisaitl vs MacKinnon

Who is better: Draisaitl, or MacKinnon?

• Total voters

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It’s so sad to see some people go to extreme lengths to pretend like mcdavid isn’t padding the stats of every single one of his teammates.

Would this thread even exist if Mack was on the Oilers and Drai played for the Avs instead?

1. Mcdavid

Huge gap

2. Mack

Small gap

3. Drai
Thats like.. your opinion, man

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Draisaitl has a better plus/minus this year so must mean hes better than Mackinnon now. Just going off of the expert opinion from everyone saying Draisaitl didn't deserve the MVP last year. But now that he has a better plus/minus I'm sure they will find a new stat like "Mackinnon has more goals with a right handed stick" to move the goalposts again.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
They switch teams and tell me honestly who puts up more points? In my opinion, Mack feasts as much if not more behind McDavid and Drai takes a hit being the one the other team centres on defensively. Regardless both teams lucky to have these two studs.

Reactions: Garthinater

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Ok? Still more Mcdavid-less points. And Draisaitl has played 5 more games.

And last year when Draisiatl had 59 points without Mcdavid and Mackinnon had 93? thats not even close.
This is such a ridiculous argument lol

How can you just act like points that McDavid also has a point on are worthless

Reactions: Dondini

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
lol read my post after that one

I'm curious, why do so many Leafs fans in particular try to discredit Draisaitl?

Even Flames and Canucks fans who regularly see Draisaitl more often don't act like that and they are by far bigger Oiler rivals. If anything, our biggest rivals defend and praise him. Likely due to being more acquainted with the player and not speaking from a position of ignorance like we see from some Leafs fans.

I mean, I have a good idea why some of you guys try to discredit him but it's perplexing at times to be honest.

Reactions: dukeofjive

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
#2 and #3 players in the league.

I still go with Mackinnon (largely out of fandom) but credit to Draisaitl where its due. He won the Hart/Lindsay/Ross but got flak for his defensive play so he has come out this year and put up some stellar 2-way play.

Also with him officially the full time center, I think he plays with less talent than Matthews, Eichel, Scheifele or Mackinnon. Yeah he gets McDavid on the PP and special situations but thats no more help than Malkin got from Crosby and its only for a few minutes each game. Matthews gets Marner, Mackinnon gets Rantanen, Eichel gets Hall, and Scheifele gets Wheeler/Connor at 5v5 which is a lot better than Kahun (a 3rd liner) and Yamamoto (a very young 2nd line winger) neither stack up against the elite line mates other top end guys get. Draisaitl is kinda alone on his line and he is securely 2nd in the league in points (and more importantly 2nd in even strength points)

I hope Mackinnon can get going again and thrust himself into the points race again (and I think he will!)

Reactions: perseus

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Draisaitl has Kahun and Yamamoto as his linemates 5 v 5.

Anyways, these two are clearly the 2nd and 3rd best players in the NHL. Flip a coin, Draisaitl has been an absolute beast this year yet again.
Flip a coin huh? Draisaitl almost has twice as many points as MacKinnon. I think if MacKinnon clearly is a top 3 player in the world he shouldn't be behind, what, 30 others in scoring, right? Patrick Kane for example has a lot less to work with and his play's been art.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
So 11 points without McDavid? That's almost as many as MacKinnon has total points.
Mack has 14 pts in 10 games, if we look at Drai points without Mcd its 11 in 16. Huge gap there. Now I personally accept Drai has moved past Mack this year mostly due to Mack getting injured which killed his momentum and shot to surpass McDavid. He was off to an incredible start despite poor shooting%. I have Drai ahead but if Mack comes back and finishes at a 1.5 ppg and then wins a smythe with a dominant playoff run I think he is 1B to Mcd who is 1A.

The gap between the two isnt large and if I had to have one player to add to the leafs I think I'd slightly lean towards Mack due to his monster playoff track record and slightly cheaper deal for the next few years.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
While I think it’s Mackinnon, I don’t see why Draisaitl isn’t closing the gap. I also don’t understand how Draisaitl gets punished the most, by far, for quality of teammates.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Ok? Still more Mcdavid-less points. And Draisaitl has played 5 more games.

And last year when Draisiatl had 59 points without Mcdavid and Mackinnon had 93? thats not even close.

Its pretty hard for Mack to have points with McDavid dont you think. Another silly post.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Draisaitl has Kahun and Yamamoto as his linemates 5 v 5.

Anyways, these two are clearly the 2nd and 3rd best players in the NHL. Flip a coin, Draisaitl has been an absolute beast this year yet again.
With how it's working around here since the Oilers are playing in the Canadian division it makes up for the gap between those lines. So we're equals. :sarcasm:
tenor.gif

Jan 21, 2018
Draisaitl has a better plus/minus this year so must mean hes better than Mackinnon now. Just going off of the expert opinion from everyone saying Draisaitl didn't deserve the MVP last year. But now that he has a better plus/minus I'm sure they will find a new stat like "Mackinnon has more goals with a right handed stick" to move the goalposts again.

And I’m sure that even if Mack supporters bring you with 100% concrete evidence that he is better than Drai, you’re still going to post similar nonsense like this to dismiss other people’s opinions.

There are countless knowledgeable posters stating legit facts supporting either Mack or Drai, and you’re so focused on the one guy who brought up +/- lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
With how it's working around here since the Oilers are playing in the Canadian division it makes up for the gap between those lines. So we're equals. :sarcasm:
tenor.gif

Not to mention, our fanbases actually get along quite well on HF. When the Avs thrashed the Flames in the playoffs we became bros ever since. Those were great times between HFAvs and HFOil, some of the funniest posts I've seen around here came from that time.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Flip a coin huh? Draisaitl almost has twice as many points as MacKinnon. I think if MacKinnon clearly is a top 3 player in the world he shouldn't be behind, what, 30 others in scoring, right? Patrick Kane for example has a lot less to work with and his play's been art.

Patrick Kane is the Hart favourite right now if the Hawks make the playoffs. Hes the best winger of the 2010s and a top 3 player if he ends this year with a hart.

Kane is the greatest American talent ever and the 2nd best Blackhawk after Hull (a Hart imo pushes him ahead of Mikita this year)

Mack had 14 in 10 so remember in 6 games he was on pace to add 8 pts. S 22 in 16. 4 less than drai who has 26 in 16

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
tenor.gif
The west is pretty weak too. California teams are bad and Minny/Arizona are the definition of mediocre.

But the Canadian division is all run and gun.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Patrick Kane is the Hart favourite right now if the Hawks make the playoffs. Hes the best winger of the 2010s and a top 3 player if he ends this year with a hart.

Kane is the greatest American talent ever and the 2nd best Blackhawk after Hull (a Hart imo pushes him ahead of Mikita this year)

Mack had 14 in 10 so remember in 6 games he was on pace to add 8 pts. S 22 in 16. 4 less than drai who has 26 in 16
How is Kane a favorite in front of McDavid or Draisaitl?
Hell even Matthews, Marner, Hedman or Bergeron have as solid of a case as Kane

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Mack has 14 pts in 10 games, if we look at Drai points without Mcd its 11 in 16. Huge gap there. Now I personally accept Drai has moved past Mack this year mostly due to Mack getting injured which killed his momentum and shot to surpass McDavid. He was off to an incredible start despite poor shooting%. I have Drai ahead but if Mack comes back and finishes at a 1.5 ppg and then wins a smythe with a dominant playoff run I think he is 1B to Mcd who is 1A.

The gap between the two isnt large and if I had to have one player to add to the leafs I think I'd slightly lean towards Mack due to his monster playoff track record and slightly cheaper deal for the next few years.

Another ridiculous post. So with this kind of logic you are assuming that Drai would not have any points if he played that ice team with someone other than McD? Or are you just assuming that ice time disappears?
Come on guys. Be smarter than this.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad