Draft thread part 3: who will it be?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think everyone's gonna bite their tongues when Nich doesn't leave and produces.

Agreed, he is going to be amazing. But still, I prefer barkov over him,

Another thing I was thinking of, people keep saying how drouin is smallish, well mackinnon only had one inch on drouin and drouin weighs 5 pounds more.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I was on the Barkov train for a while and now I really just wanna see us take Nich. I just think he could be so dynamic.

Also, my opinion, I don't wanna see us take Jones, i know hes awesome but another D? Idk, that may be pretty ignorant on my side but I'd rather see us take a forward.

tserberis*

I think Barkov is what we need! Some one who can be true number 1 center.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I think everyone's gonna bite their tongues when Nich doesn't leave and produces.

This is highly possible but not for Nashville. Trotz is very tough on young players, and Nich does not have the work ethic to play for him. So with the option of going to the KHL he's a dangerous pick for Poile.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This is highly possible but not for Nashville. Trotz is very tough on young players, and Nich does not have the work ethic to play for him. So with the option of going to the KHL he's a dangerous pick for Poile.

Trotzs "toughness" is actually just good coaching. His "toughness" has made good playera out of young players who were not supposed to be any good like Timonen, Skrastins, Erat, Hornqvist and even Fiddler and Smithson and he turned top prospects like Suter, Weber, Hamhuis and Hartnell into the players they were supposed to be. And its looking like his toughness is about to make Wilson and Bourque his next two success stories

However I do agree if(and that's a big if) nich isn't willing to work hard he would be a bad pick here

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
bear with me, the link posted is a Nichushkin highlight video. Quite a few of the highlights are played over and over but just watch the dude. he's very, very good. I'll be dreaming we call his name when the 4th pick is on the clock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1BM6sn2aVE

would be cool with barkov too though hahaha

Your going to be having a nightmares soon after when he is flying back to Russia after Trotz puts him in his dog house.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
Your going to be having a nightmares soon after when he is flying back to Russia after Trotz puts him in his dog house.

Everyone knows we are picking at 4, we are taking one of the top 4. No need to worry about Nich, its gonna end up being Drouin or Barkov.

Maple is right though, no one talks about MacKinnons size, but I live close to Halifax and saw them play a lot and they`re both the exact same size.

I actually had a nightmare last night about us taking Nich lol :sarcasm:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Only a few hours left we still know little of what Florida or Tampa will do. I have a feeling Maples dream is about to come true. Why because I would like DP to pick Druion at 4. And unless all the posturing that has taken place is true its probably going to be

1 MacK
2 Jones
3 Druoin
4 Barkov

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I bet Col trades down to 2, 3, or 4. If they keep it though, I see the order going Mac, Jones, Barkov, Drouin.

That would be a shocker but Sac It may do it. And Tampa might take Barkov with there current situation but the more you look at it I don't think they pass up Druion if hes there. Just too much firepower there and Marty will be retiring soon so they can load up again with scoring with Druion and Stamkos the score tons in the next ten years.Those two could make Legwand a 70 point player.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I think it would be amazing if Colorado moves down one spot for a ransom and still ends up with Jones.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If Colorado knows what Florida or Tampa is going to do for sure they could well move down to 4 if Druion is going to be there. It depends on what those to are going to do how far they would be willing to drop and the asset they could get for moving down.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Its really getting down to which, IF EITHER, Florida team wants Jones

Arguments for Jones: Both need D help - big time.
As southern US teams - Jones might have broader fan appeal.
Jones can be a good offensive catalyst.

Arguments against Jones: Both teams look to be losing top line Offense players.
Offense puts fans in the stands.
D-men take longer to develop.
D-men at #1 less certain than O-men
Hedman and Gudbranson future #1 D's

Odds are we are looking at Jones and Droiun and Nic. Those options will generate some last ditch offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad