Draft thread part 3: who will it be?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just thought I would start another thread because the other is almost at 1000 and is going insane with posts right now.
We can start here after 1000,
If I'm not supposed to do this I'm sorry, mods can delete. Just excited for page three!!

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
I would put allot of money on lindholm being the 3rd center on our list. If jones or dourin is there at 4 I'd gladly trade back with cgy see if we can get another late first or earlyn2nd out of it.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
1 Drouin
2 Barkov
3 Jones
4 Lindholm
5 Nurse
6 Monahan
7 Domi Hey we did have his dad for one month

100 MacKinnon aka Legwand

1000 Steven Hawking (we could outsmart everyone)

4222 Vern fiddler's cousin

5685 Me

7,124,311,862nd Nichuskin aka Radulov

Last edited by a moderator:

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
1 Drouin
2 Barkov
3 Jones
4 Lindholm
5 Nurse
6 Monahan
7 Domi Hey we did have his dad for one month

100 MacKinnon aka Legwand

10000000000000000000000000000005862nd Nichuskin aka Radulov

We have people comparing MacKinnon to Legwand now?

Only on HF...
:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Preddownsouth

Feb 20, 2013
Guess the players
Gp G A P
59 54 51 105

GP G A P
44 32 43 75

One had Drouin as his winger and was on the best team in the CHL and the other had no one

I disagree with you on Mac. But when it comes to kids who haven't played a game in the NHL yet, you have as much a chance to be right about him as me. I would love to see Mac here, and you don't. It's all good - I just want draft day to hurry up and get here so we can start complaining about who Poile actually takes. ;)

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Guess the players
Gp G A P
59 54 51 105

GP G A P
44 32 43 75

One had Drouin as his winger and was on the best team in the CHL and the other had no one

I can play that game too.

61 GP 58 G 47 A 105 P

Player? Steven Stamkos.

I don't understand why the hell you are comparing Legwand to MacKinnon, but OK. Please take into account the state of the franchise now compared to when we drafted Legwand.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I can play that game too.

61 GP 58 G 47 A 105 P

Player? Steven Stamkos.

I don't understand why the hell you are comparing Legwand to MacKinnon, but OK. Please take into account the state of the franchise now compared to when we drafted Legwand.
MacKinnon just reminds me of Leggy and the first thing Trotz will do is turn him into Legwand. MacKinnon won't last until #4 anyways and he may be another Stamkos but Legwand could have been also. I honestly think Legwand was an amazing young player until he was Trotzized. I also think MacK is benefitting from playing with Drouin (Who I would take).

Last edited:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Drouin or Nich and they move Wilson to C?

Yeah that would work as well, a good plan b, just think since Mack and bark are so awesome offensively and defensively that it would be ideal to have either as our franchise centre. No knock on Wilson just maybe he would be better on wing. I'm not trotz so I can't say for sure what's the best plan of attack.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Even if we draft Mac or Barkov I'd still move Wilson to center. That's a pretty solid 1 2 punch and then we can have Fisher or Legwand as the number 3 center where they will flourish and move the other to wing.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just had a wild thought, probably isn't feasible but wanted to share with you guys,

What if bark, Mack and drouin were all gone when we picked and dp didn't feel comfortable with nichushkin, and he picked jones. Then we have potentially three franchise defensemen in josi, webs and jones.

2015 draft comes, we trade jones/josi, our first and an upper echelon forward we curently have and a good prospect for first pick in 2015 and take mcdavid?!?!?!

Jones wouldn't be such a bad pick then! Lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
For those saying trade up, what do you think Poile would realistically offer to move up a few spots for MacKinnon?

Avs need defense but I don't think guys like Ellis and Blum would be too appealing.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
For those saying trade up, what do you think Poile would realistically offer to move up a few spots for MacKinnon?

Avs need defense but I don't think guys like Ellis and Blum would be too appealing.

In terms of defense, Ellis would be the best we could give. Our top three (Weber, Josi, and Klein) wouldn't be traded, and after them, there's a drop. In addition, we don't have a 2nd this year. The best offer I'd give would be 4th+Ellis+Beck (exceeded expectations and had a great rookie year).

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Is there that big of a difference between the 4 offensive players? I don't think there is. Keep Ellis and Beck and let the chips fall where they may.

The biggest difference I see is position. I would be more than happy with Drouin, but I'd prefer Barkov or Mac because they're centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad