Draft Thread Part 2: Bark to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
A pug hog on our team would be a welcome, IMHO.
Trotz will just bench and scratch him. He would then get frustrated and return home.

whoa! back the truck up. By HF pred fan logic, doesn't this make him a diva? Spoiled brat? Character issues? how dare he want to play in another league and make 50k, contract or not?
Huge difference between the KHL and Finnish league. Have you not learned anything from Radulov!! Once a player leaves for the KHL they never come back. Barkov only wants to go back for a year or 2 not eternity.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Trotz will just bench and scratch him. He would then get frustrated and return home.

Huge difference between the KHL and Finnish league. Have you not learned anything from Radulov!! Once a player leaves for the KHL they never come back. Barkov only wants to go back for a year or 2 not eternity.
Lots of players have come back from the khl.. I know we are hurt by rads around here but we are startin to border on Prejudice now... There is no difference in him or barkov wanting to return home if they can't make it in the NHL this year...

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I do not want Nich more because of his playstyle and risk.

My order today would be

1. Mack
2. Barkov
3. Jones
4. Drouin
5. Lindholm
6. Monohan
7. Nurse
8. Domi
9. Horvat
10. Nich

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Lots of players have come back from the khl.. I know we are hurt by rads around here but we are startin to border on Prejudice now... There is no difference in him or barkov wanting to return home if they can't make it in the NHL this year...
To their original team or as a free agents? Yes I'm jaded I admit it. I just don't want to make a huge mistake and draft the wrong guy IMO it is clearly Nichuskin. He just does not fit into the Predators mold.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
yeah I agree the whole freakout about "Im going back to europe if I dont make the NHL" thing is totally overblown for an 18 year old draftee... lets be clear, thats pretty much what ALL 18 year old euros do if they dont make the NHL lineup... its the same as sending a Canadian kid back to junior.

we would be stupid to try to make Barkov play in the AHL if hes not ready for the NHL this fall because that would burn a year on his ELC whereas going back to Europe would not...

it is admittedly a little more worrisome with Nichuskin and the KHL because if he does go back I dont know how long he would be forced to stay, but for Barkov its a total no-brainer that of he cant crack the NHL roster he goes back to Finalnd

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
To their original team or a free agents? Yes I'm jaded I admit it. I just don't want to make a huge mistake and draft the wrong guy IMO it is clearly Nichuskin. He just does not fit into the Predators mold.
Predators mold his hard working grinding players that don't have the talent to play on a top line. I want skill. I want Kariya, not Scott Walker.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think this is how it will play out too. Tampa will choose Drouin or Nich. It's interesting with Colorado talking about forwards but it's probably a smokescreen to get a wetter asset if the move down.

Colorado-Mack
Flo-Jones
Tampa-Drouin/Nisch
Us-Barkov

I hope that's how it pan out, but there are loads of possibilities.

I'm actually worried about Drouin now. A shorter speedier Kane like player, often times they don't work out.
I was talking to my friend who's a Panthers fan today about the draft. She seems to think that Florida could very possibly take Barkov at 2 because they need a young, franchise center as badly as we do. And that's even if Jones is available. At a certain point, Jones becomes too good to pass up, and I think that point is Tampa at 3.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I was talking to my friend who's a Panthers fan today about the draft. She seems to think that Florida could very possibly take Barkov at 2 because they need a young, franchise center as badly as we do. And that's even if Jones is available. At a certain point, Jones becomes too good to pass up, and I think that point is Tampa at 3.
I think Drouin or Nichushkin are as likely to be there as Barkov, and I if Nichushkin is the more talented of the 2, I'd prefer him.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think Drouin or Nichushkin are as likely to be there as Barkov, and I if Nichushkin is the more talented of the 2, I'd prefer him.
I have a hard time seeing Drouin going there, but Barkov or Nichushkin, sure.

In a hypothetical scenario, would people here want Jones if he's somehow available or have we become so desperate for a high-end offensive prospect that we would rather pass on him?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

In a hypothetical scenario, would people here want Jones if he's somehow available or have we become so desperate for a high-end offensive prospect that we would rather pass on him?
Honestly, if we take Jones I'll be as disappointed as I was when we took Ellis.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

there will be at least one dynamic forward available along with Jones.

Unless Poile has a trade lined up where we can flip Jones for an honest to goodness 30 goal scorer I say pass and take whatever forward is still on the board... Id rather take Nichuskin and risk a bust or a flight to Russia over trying to figure out why in the hell we drafted another franchise defenseman when we have Weber for 13 years and Josi for 7

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just for those hating ok nichushkin, when radulov came back for that short stint two seasons ago, he was kind of a pick hog, was not good defensively and was an all out offensive threat, and trotzy let him play mad minutes!
Just saying.

But I still prefer,
1. Mack
2. Bark
3. Drouin
4. Nich

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
If a signed Vanek was possible, I would definitely move off the number 4 pick. If not, it is time to be thankful that this pick and depth in the draft is available for us to pick.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I'm not doubting you because I've heard similar rumors, but would you happen to have a link to this information?

I totally get why FEL would want a clause like that. It's getting increasingly difficult to get talented players into the league thanks to the KHL's constant expansion (and taking even the average FEL regulars). Some of these kids are among the best players in the league and vitally important for their teams, so it makes sense they'd like to keep them around instead of letting them play in the AHL as long as they're under contract. I suspect this kind of an agreement would affect the length of the contracts signed by the most promising prospects. Most likely they'll just start signing 1-year contracts.

Sorry about it, I tried to ninja-edit the original post to get rid of my language issues there, but you all got it quoted. So I don't have information other than the Barkov quote. I have rumors as in chat discussion. So you should be doubting. In the post I said prospect board should know better. And I stand behind it :laugh:

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville

Never. Never. Never take a lesser player because "we already have defensemen".

Our 13 more year contract team captain has already had 2 concussions.

How many great players do we need? The answer is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad