Draft Thread Part 2: Bark to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Can't believe I started a thread that went over a 1000, first for me! Kinda proud, lol.

Anyways,

I guess we post here now. So where we left off:

I think if it came down to Tampa taking nichushkin and we were left with a pick between drouin and barkov, I would take barkov. He is so much bigger, has better all-round game and set offensive records in Sweden, plus we need a centre like him to build around.

Barkov also killed it without having mackinnon as a linemate.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Can't believe I started a thread that went over a 1000, first for me! Kinda proud, lol.

Anyways,

I guess we post here now. So where we left off:

I think if it came down to Tampa taking nichushkin and we were left with a pick between drouin and barkov, I would take barkov. He is so much bigger, has better all-round game and set offensive records in Sweden, plus we need a centre like him to build around.

Barkov also killed it without having mackinnon as a linemate.

That's why Drouin would scare me, he's never played without MacKinnon. Thornton made Cheechoo a Richard trophy winner.

I'm really hoping we get one of the three centers, MacKinnon, Barkov or Lindholm. I think any of the 3 fill a need for us. I've not seen enough of any to get a totally qualified opinion and all 3 have been rated elite talents.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I just drool over barkovs game. I think I want him more than any other forward in the draft. I originally wanted mackinnon the most, but I think barkov is just going to be a flat out star NHL player.

He had EVERY tool to be absolutely magnificent, what can't he do?!?!

Barkov will look damn good in the gold preds jersey! I take him and consider us the winners of the draft IMO for getting him fourth.

I would not be upset though about drouin or Mack, but would be a little down if we had to settle for Lindholm over the big three forwards.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I just drool over barkovs game. I think I want him more than any other forward in the draft. I originally wanted mackinnon the most, but I think barkov is just going to be a flat out star NHL player.

He had EVERY tool to be absolutely magnificent, what can't he do?!?!

Barkov will look damn good in the gold preds jersey! I take him and consider us the winners of the draft IMO for getting him fourth.

I would not be upset though about drouin or Mack, but would be a little down if we had to settle for Lindholm over the big three forwards.

How the hell would that happen ? ... I would lose major faith in Poile if he did go Lindholm & would probably go to a new handle asafp (Fire Poile)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
How the hell would that happen ? ... I would lose major faith in Poile if he did go Lindholm & would probably go to a new handle asafp (Fire Poile)

I pray it doesn't happen! But guaranteed one if the big three forwards are on the board, if poile did something stupid like took Lindholm, I would lose it as well, I'm with ya on the handle change! Lol

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I pray it doesn't happen! But guaranteed one if the big three forwards are on the board, if poile did something stupid like took Lindholm, I would lose it as well, I'm with ya on the handle change! Lol

Agreed, not that there's anything wrong with Lindholm or Monahan, but we are in the top 5 and there's a big drop off from top 4 and 6

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Some of you guys are taking it a little far. So you've seen some youtubes of prospects and read some reports so now you're professional scouts? Some of you have never even strapped on a pair of skates yet you're an expert on strides?

I think Barkov sounds more impressive than Lindholm but they seem pretty close, I expect Poile and our scouts to know for sure.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Drouin went nuts when MacK went down with an injury. He won the Q scoring title playing 16 less games as the next guy. He scored an average of 2 PTs a game.

Forsbergforloop

May 30, 2008
Oahu
Some of you guys are taking it a little far. So you've seen some youtubes of prospects and read some reports so now you're professional scouts? Some of you have never even strapped on a pair of skates yet you're an expert on strides?

I think Barkov sounds more impressive than Lindholm but they seem pretty close, I expect Poile and our scouts to know for sure.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm just excited that this year there is a really good chance that we finally get our #1 Center. I trust our scouts because they have had multiple incredible success stories, and more often than not, choose the right player for the spot where we pick. If our scouts think that Lindholm or Monahan would be a better choice than Barkov, I would have to shrug my shoulders and accept that there was something they saw in one of those players that made them a potentially better player.

Oh and btw, I would definitely take Mack and probably Drouin over Barkov. How cool would it be to have a player as hyped as Mack on our team or a player like Drouin with some of the most electrifying puck skills this side of anywhere? I mean, if it were possible to have negative percentages of Mack falling to us, then that would probably be more accurate than just 0%.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm defiantly trying to do some research and get behind prospects, but in the end, Poile and co. know better than me. I'll cheer for the guys I like, but IPWT.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I've watched so many games and highlights, but am definitely not an expert. But I definitely see way more potential in barkov than Lindholm or monahan.

I see barks being that number one centre we need, same with mackinnon. I do not see with the latter two, I see second like tweeners with Lindholm and monahan. Especially on our team.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm defiantly trying to do some research and get behind prospects, but in the end, Poile and co. know better than me. I'll cheer for the guys I like, but IPWT.

IPWT...?? I Party With Trolls? I Prefer Wheat Thins?? :laugh:

but I agree with the sentiment.. for any of us on here to question the decision of professional hockey talent evaluators is just silly... if a player we choose turns out to be not so great and one taken below us turns out awesome, then more people than ours will have missed it

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
IPWT...?? I Party With Trolls? I Prefer Wheat Thins?? :laugh:

but I agree with the sentiment.. for any of us on here to question the decision of professional hockey talent evaluators is just silly... if a player we choose turns out to be not so great and one taken below us turns out awesome, then more people than ours will have missed it

In Poile We Trust, but I Prefer Wheat Thins is 10x better.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Pretty interesting that he thinks Barkov is higher rated than Drouin.

So do I. The kid is going to amazing.
And for people that said they trust the opinion of our scouts and poile over our own, well how well had poile and company done at drafting forward in the past fifteen years??

Take barkov if he is available and don't even look at Lindholm, monahan, etc

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
So do I. The kid is going to amazing.
And for people that said they trust the opinion of our scouts and poile over our own, well how well had poile and company done at drafting forward in the past fifteen years??

Take barkov if he is available and don't even look at Lindholm, monahan, etc

We are so spoiled when it comes to drafting. We are way above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad