Draft Pick Push

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Calgary is done at this point, they're not making the playoffs. They are spiraling just as bad as we are. Their pick will likely be in the 12-15 range. Slim odds for the lottery in that spot, but at least we have a shot.

We could use some luck or Uncle Gary doing us a solid for once.

I think they may go 1-6 the rest of the way- here is a look at their schedule-
@ Sharks
@ Kings
Vs. blue jackets
Vs. Oilers
Vs. Coyotes
@Jets
Vs. Vegas

Reactions: islesfan66 and Jets

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I don't think Chicago is up to beating anybody right now. We would have to lose the game ourselves (and this team is entirely capable of doing just that).
Come on, that’s the NYI specialty. Hopefully Adam “5 years” Pelech deflects 2 into our own net tonight.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Come on, that’s the NYI specialty. Hopefully Adam “5 years” Pelech deflects 2 into our own net tonight.

For those to young to have watched him play on the Islanders... This was also known as the “Scott LaChance Special!”

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly since it’s a lottery, I think it’s a waste of time to hope for the Isles to lose. I’ve been a Fan long enough to know it will only invite Hockey Karma Disaster.

Isles lose, and the team who edges them out for a one point better record and one slot lower in the lottery (the Rangers of course) will win the pick out-right.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
We all know what losing means, but I still have a hard time rooting for a loss.

This situation just provides some consolation when they lose.

Reactions: MattBarzal

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I don't think Chicago is up to beating anybody right now. We would have to lose the game ourselves (and this team is entirely capable of doing just that).

They look like the one team who has been deliberately trying to lose more than anyone. They’ve actually been noticeably playing top players for less minutes

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Honestly since it’s a lottery, I think it’s a waste of time to hope for the Isles to lose. I’ve been a Fan long enough to know it will only invite Hockey Karma Disaster.

Isles lose, and the team who edges them out for a one point better record and one slot lower in the lottery (the Rangers of course) will win the pick out-right.

Yeah right. We got rewarded for tanking in 2016. No way are we beating the Penguins in the first round if we win that last game

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Wow, Calgary loses 5-1. Didn't think there was another team that outsucks us, looks like they're it.
The really sad part is still nobody can catch them. Edmonton is still 9 points behind them. It looks like they are just locking up the 12th spot.

Edit: Dallas is trying real hard to get 12th however.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah right. We got rewarded for tanking in 2016. No way are we beating the Penguins in the first round if we win that last game

I don’t follow what that has to do with this year. Isles aren’t making the playoffs, this is about lottery seeding. Rooting for them to finish lower doesn’t guarantee them anything but slightly better lottery odds.

But then I see what happened in last year’s lottery to the Devils, Philadelphia and Colorado... I don’t see what the point is for cheering for a lower slot. Since unlike the previous lottery format, this one guarantees a less likelihood of teams remaining where they finished.

Since it’s completely out of anyone’s control. I’d rather just see them do well (hopefully they win the lottery). But regardless of where they pick... I hope they select a great player.

*It should go without saying... Snow/Weight need to be gone above all else. Or this all matters even less.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Calgary is done at this point, they're not making the playoffs. They are spiraling just as bad as we are. Their pick will likely be in the 12-15 range. Slim odds for the lottery in that spot, but at least we have a shot.

We could use some luck or Uncle Gary doing us a solid for once.

It will be much better for the franchise of Uncle Ledecky does us a favor.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Uwe Krupp...Scott Scissions...Jaromir Jagr

Reactions: SI90

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The really sad part is still nobody can catch them. Edmonton is still 9 points behind them. It looks like they are just locking up the 12th spot.

Edit: Dallas is trying real hard to get 12th however.
Carolina is 5 pts behind them with 2 games in hand. Rangers 8 with 2 games in hand.

I guess we're big Canes and Rags fans for the time being... though I'm more than fine with two lottery picks at all

*and fine, I don't mean I'm happy the Islanders suck. I'm fine given the circumstances that the Islanders suck. I know I'd be called out on it if I didn't clarify LOL

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow, Calgary loses 5-1. Didn't think there was another team that outsucks us, looks like they're it.

Calgary has been horrible. If not for a mid season winning streak they would be handing us a surefire top5 pick before the lottery. Crazy because before the season I thought they would have a really good year.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Good night for the tank, Rags, Canes and Hawks all win, us and Calgary lose... if EDM can somehow beat the Kings, we will have run the table tonight

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad