Draft Pick Push

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
1. You can't blame a team who picks 6 for not picking guys who are picked like 17th and 18th in the draft, Hatcher would be fair game.

2. Scissons pick I think gets wrongly panned. Simple fact is it was a case more of bad luck given Scissons injury troubles

I don’t blame them or expect all picks to “pan out.” My point is simply there is talent there to be found. Trade up, or down to get it. Exactly what the Devils did to get Brodeur. Ultimately it’s more on scouting and management than draft order.

Those year’s drafts were characterized by the Isles losing Devellano to the Red Wings. The Isles would draft WHL almost exclusively. Red Wings started to have draft success like pre-dynasty Islanders.

Devils had Lamorillo (Closest GM to Torrey, I feel) and with David Conte were an excellent drafting team.

Both teams subsequently ruled the nineties.

EDIT: I wanted Hatcher or Sydor. I was hoping for a Potvin replacement.

Last edited:

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
That Tampa loss was the perfect kind. Give me 7 more like those. Exciting games, but in the end a loss so we move up the draft ladder, lol.
I disagree, I want ugly ugly embarrassment in every game. I want it to be so bad theres no possible way Snow and weight survive. if we lose a few exciting games they can go oh man we lost some close ones, NO as much as I love a lot of the players i want to get embarrassed to force the necessary changes

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas is really crapping the bed, if they continue to lose the way they are their is a chance Calgary might overtake them

Reactions: MattBarzal

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looks like the Oilers got at least a point(game going to OT), which puts them 2 ahead of us. Great thing is they have ROW advantage

ETA: Oilers lose in O/T. It was sort of funny Anaheim basically spent the first minute doing absolutely nothing in their own zone other then pass to eachother waiting till McDavid went off the ice the second he does they rush out of their own end and score

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well, it's taken most of the season, but the Isles are finally taking care of business!!

:surrender

Reactions: SI90

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
We passed CHI and moved up to #7.

Technically we played one more game then them so we are 8th. If they get the extra point in O/T we are officially 7th

ETA: So Chicago loses in O/T so we have the same amount of points but we played one game less. Now if we lose that game in hand they would have tie breaker advantage over us.

Last edited:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Last edited:

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
01EF8785-5A2E-492D-8558-3E1A0474BB6E.png
Calgary down 2-0

First sim try tonight