Draft Pick Push

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
ROFL Blues tie it up, can't make this shit up. This truly looks like a Islanders game.

Heading to OT, hoping for a Chicago win. A win win for us already.

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How is Berube playing for a real NHL team and it's not like when how my Sabres played Chad Johnson because we wanted to lose games?

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Breaking news: Sparky was just rushed to the hospital after swallowing an entire bottle of pills in an apparent suicide attempt:(

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
That Blues result is fine. Digs the Flames down even further. With the way the Islanders are playing, it wouldn't surprise me if one, if not two, more teams pass them, as sad as that is

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This is a scary thought: I'm pretty sure my Sabres had more wins in the last month where we were missing Eichel than the Isles have in that period and the prior month combined. That's freaking insane.

When you realize that it's not insane you will also see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
With the way the Islanders are playing, it wouldn't surprise me if one, if not two, more teams pass them, as sad as that is

In all reality the only team I can see passing us is Chicago, and they are playing like garbage as well. It basically looks like Chicago, Us, Rangers and Hurricanes will all finish in some order from 8th-11th. Outside shot the Oilers(3 points behind us) break that group

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
In all reality the only team I can see passing us is Chicago, and they are playing like garbage as well. It basically looks like Chicago, Us, Rangers and Hurricanes will all finish in some order from 8th-11th. Outside shot the Oilers(3 points behind us) break that group

You really underestimate our chances.

After game 62 the Rangers had 59 points.
After game 62 the Islanders had 66 points.

The Rangers now have 72 points in 72 games.
The Islanders have 70 points in 72 games.

The Rangers lost Nash, McDoangh, Grabner, and Miller and still passed us.

Would you have said after game 62 and the Rangers 7 points behind us and then trading away those players they would pass us?????????

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Would you have said after game 62 and the Rangers 7 points behind us and then trading away those players they would pass us?????????

I's not out of the question that they can go on a 5 game losing streak and or we go on a 5 game winning streak at this point. When you have nothing to play for it's much easier to play(relaxed)

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I's not out of the question that they can go on a 5 game losing streak and or we go on a 5 game winning streak at this point. When you have nothing to play for it's much easier to play(relaxed)

We will see I guess. The next 2 VS Pittsburgh and Tampa. I like our chances for possibly 1 of 4 points at the most.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Only took ~300 spins at the wheel but

2rc25qt.jpg

I actually got 1 + 3 during that period as well

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Hopefully Edmonton and Chicago overtake us. Florida over Calgary.

7 and 12 would be nice

Reactions: dood

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
so you’re saying we have 24.3% chance at getting 1, 2, or 3? :sarcasm:
Not that it matters, but it's about a 22.4% chance. You can't calculate the odds of getting one of those picks by just adding those odds together; that'd be like flipping a coin three times and expecting a 150% chance of getting heads at least once.

Reactions: geniusgoalie

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not that it matters, but it's about a 22.4% chance. You can't calculate the odds of getting one of those picks by just adding those odds together; that'd be like flipping a coin three times and expecting a 150% chance of getting heads at least once.

It’s pretty darn rare. Everyone forgets the Devils were like 5th or 6th worst last year so their odds were close to 9-10%. The Flyers and Stars were the shockers being like 13 and 14 but most years advancing to 2 or 3 isn’t going to be good enough as you often only have 1 generational guy in there

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It’s pretty darn rare. Everyone forgets the Devils were like 5th or 6th worst last year so their odds were close to 9-10%. The Flyers and Stars were the shockers being like 13 and 14 but most years advancing to 2 or 3 isn’t going to be good enough as you often only have 1 generational guy in there

I could be wrong but I think Dallas was 8th or 9th

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

By definition, you can't have more than 1 generational guy in a draft and there also cannot be a generational player in every draft. ;)

Funny how that term has really taken hold in the past 4 or so years.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

Too bad the season wasn't 20 games longer. Isles would have the 1st pick.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
By definition, you can't have more than 1 generational guy in a draft and there also cannot be a generational player in every draft. ;)

Funny how that term has really taken hold in the past 4 or so years.
Who are you to say that there can't be a generational player or two in every draft? Are you imposing your reality on everyone else?!

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->