GDT: Draft Lotto - Rollin for Nolan. 8(ish)PM. DEVILS PICK 1ST OVERALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ahaha I love it. Yes Bettman, the number one selection does belong to the New Jersey Devils. Thank you very much

A little late on this, but what exactly do these numbers mean?

Each team was assigned a certain amount of winning combinations depending on their chance to win the lottery. One of our winning combos was 1, 5, 6, 12 :)

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
A little late on this, but what exactly do these numbers mean?

The lottery is actually the drawing of four ping pong balls, labeled 1-14. Each combination (order doesn't matter) is worth 0.1%. So the Devils had like ~80 combinations.

That was the combination that was drew and gave the Devils the win in the first lottery.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Jesus Gary, why so damn shocked and glum?

The Flyers getting the second pick with such ****** odds should have elicited that response.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Congrats, boys, on the first overall. As an Oilers' and Taylor Hall fan, I am genuinely happy for you guys.
BTW, the amount of disdain for Hall on our board is ****ing disgusting. Imagine, if you will, that you worked hard your entire life, became the best in your field, gave everything that you had to an organization for six years and a bunch of losers with Dorito-stained shirts living in their moms' basements were collectively allowed to slander your character on a public forum...what a world we live in.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
What a break for NJ. This is possibly franchise changing for you. I think you would have had a hard time keeping Hall in 2-3 years aswell but this might be a big help to keep a guy like him around. Maybe even Kovalchuk comes back and want to play for you guys again. Im not happy about you and Philly getting top picks but, congrats :)

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Congrats, boys, on the first overall. As an Oilers' and Taylor Hall fan, I am genuinely happy for you guys.
BTW, the amount of disdain for Hall on our board is ****ing disgusting. Imagine, if you will, that you worked hard your entire life, became the best in your field, gave everything that you had to an organization for six years and a bunch of losers with Dorito-stained shirts living in their moms' basements were collectively allowed to slander your character on a public forum...what a world we live in.

that's disappointing. we all miss larsson here, but understand it was good for both our teams. good luck with the rest of your run!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
What a break for NJ. This is possibly franchise changing for you. I think you would have had a hard time keeping Hall in 2-3 years aswell but this might be a big help to keep a guy like him around. Maybe even Kovalchuk comes back and want to play for you guys again. Im not happy about you and Philly getting top picks but, congrats :)

Hmm this isn't right, what's your game? Is this a trick?

thanks, I guess

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bettman is so devastated that it is the Devils picking first. :laugh:

I didn't really see that reaction per se, especially since the camera was off him for those few seconds - I just heard the 'wow' which was funny. Maybe he was a bit flustered for a moment when he said the New Jersey Sul...Devils though :P

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I didn't really see that reaction per se, especially since the camera was off him for those few seconds - I just heard the 'wow' which was funny. Maybe he was a bit flustered for a moment when he said the New Jersey Sul...Devils though :P

Devastated might be a bit of a stretch, but I definitely interpreted the "wow" combined with the stumbling over our team name as a negative reaction especially since he didn't react the same way with the Stars and Flyers moving up. But it doesn't matter too much since he can't change our draft position. :yo:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im surprised Colorado feel so hard done by. 18% really isnt that much. thats an 82% chance of losing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
im surprised Colorado feel so hard done by. 18% really isnt that much. thats an 82% chance of losing.

Which is exactly the point some of us were making when people got all worked up whether we'd be 2nd, 3rd or 5th in the lottery draw. People mealy-mouthed what I and others tried to point out on multiple occasions - that the percentage between each spot was so miniscule even dropping a few spots in the lottery draw really didn't matter all that much. People probably forgot that this could be a lottery of mayhem and chaos when Toronto still won the #1 pick last year with the 20% chance they had, but that message should get through loud and clear after this year when it went 5, 13 and 8 in terms of odds getting the top three picks.

Honestly Vegas got screwed more than even the Avs...an expansion team drafting 6 is asinine.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

what was he trying to say lol? New jersey sun devils?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
They had a historically bad season and are stuck picking 4th as a result. I would be pissed too

they were unbearably smug when they made the playoffs right after drafting 1st overall. can see why they are pissed but dont care. very glad the Avs and the Canucks dropped. would rather have NJ-Vegas-Arizona but hey

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
what was he trying to say lol? New jersey sun devils?

he skipped a word and def went "is The New Jersey sel-- The New Jersey Devils. They will have the first selection

he probably just skipped down a line a little bit while reading his script.

the bettman hates NJ meme is funny, but i mean cut the guy some slack :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
he skipped a word and def went "is The New Jersey sel-- The New Jersey Devils. They will have the first selection

he probably just skipped down a line a little bit while reading his script.

You're probably right, I was racking my brain figuring out what the **** he was thinking of there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad