GDT: Draft Lotto - Rollin for Nolan. 8(ish)PM. DEVILS PICK 1ST OVERALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I have a feeling that people who worry about Nolan being "inury prone" havent looked at the actual injuries hes had. no worries for me.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm not happy that the Flyers got the 2nd overall pick, but I will say this much. I am VERY ecstatic that the usual suspects and SERIAL tankers, you know who they are. The teams that suck every single year and are supposed to be rebuilding for 5 or 6 or 7 years and keep accumulating draft picks and still suck and you'd almost swear their MO and purpose in the league is to suck every year and get a top 5-10 pick. I'm very happy those teams did not make the top 3.

I'm talking the Winnipeg's, I'm talking the Arizona's, the Buffalo's. I am really happy that NONE of Winnipeg, Arizona and Buffalo are picking in the top 5. I just watched the video of the process on youtube and was thoroughly enjoying the reactions from Chevy when he was bumped down and Sakic's Samsonite and American Tourister undereyes when he was bumped out of the top 3.

What a ridiculous post. Since when has the Jets been tanking? Are you referring to the last 15 or so last games this season where the team had already dropped out of the playoffs/wildcard race and despite of this, wanted to finish the season gracefully by winning 10 of those final games, which in return reflected negatively on their respective draft position? I dislike the tanking teams just as much as anybody else, but you sir are barking at the wrong tree. They lucked out last year, which has absolutely nothing to do with tanking.

Anyway, dropped in to congratulate you guys for the #1. Hope you get the right guy!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
What a ridiculous post. Since when has the Jets been tanking? Are you referring to the last 15 or so last games this season where the team had already dropped out of the playoffs/wildcard race and despite of this, wanted to finish the season gracefully by winning 10 of those final games, which in return reflected negatively on their respective draft position? I dislike the tanking teams just as much as anybody else, but you sir are barking at the wrong tree. They lucked out last year, which has absolutely nothing to do with tanking.

Anyway, dropped in to congratulate you guys for the #1. Hope you get the right guy!

Don't worry about random posts like the one you referenced. This should be a happy thread anyways instead of attacking other teams Bleed.

There really isn't a bad pick... a bunch of good options to choose from. Thank you for the congrats!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

tumblr_ogx1uaTwBD1vf6iono1_400.gif

Entrance%2B4.gif

tenor.gif

Covering all the bases after missing it last night. :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

When I say tank, I don't necessarily mean on purpose.

You have a poor GM, which I've been over extensively on the main board and at this point, most Jets fans have seemed to agree with me, even though they've argued with that in the years preceding this. Bringing back Maurice is almost a tanking move if I didn't know any better though.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I have a feeling that people who worry about Nolan being "inury prone" havent looked at the actual injuries hes had. no worries for me.

What injuries did he actually have this season after his hernia surgery in the summer? All I found was "upper body injury" and "lower body injury". In the past he broke his collarbone twice.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

He broke his collarbone after slamming into the boards as a 13 year old...That is being used as evidence of him being injury prone lol. The hernia thing is a bit concerning, but if the surgery was successful it shouldn't be a big deal. You hear of guys being tentative when they first come back, but it's quite a common injury in all sports. I'd be waaaayyy more concerned with concussions or ACL issues. But the injury talk is gonna be sickening until he plays, I guarantee it.

That said, I'm happy to have this problem. Still can't believe we won. I'm on team Patrick and I don't think it's close. Just imagine picking Nico and Philly gets the best prospect in the draft. Prototypical size, does everything well, has been consensus best player for a while. This isn't something you pass on. You let Philly take the boom or bust player.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
When I say tank, I don't necessarily mean on purpose.

You have a poor GM, which I've been over extensively on the main board and at this point, most Jets fans have seemed to agree with me, even though they've argued with that in the years preceding this. Bringing back Maurice is almost a tanking move if I didn't know any better though.

I'm surprised Kevin Cheveldayoff is still their GM. Yes the team was in bad shape when they moved to Winnipeg, but it's been 6 seasons now for him and they have little to show for it. They have finished 22nd, 18th, 22nd, 14th (made playoffs and swept in first round), 25th, and 20th. They aren't bottom feeders for sure, but that's a level of mediocrity most owners wouldn't put up with.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
He broke his collarbone after slamming into the boards as a 13 year old...That is being used as evidence of him being injury prone lol. The hernia thing is a bit concerning, but if the surgery was successful it shouldn't be a big deal. You hear of guys being tentative when they first come back, but it's quite a common injury in all sports. I'd be waaaayyy more concerned with concussions or ACL issues. But the injury talk is gonna be sickening until he plays, I guarantee it.

That said, I'm happy to have this problem. Still can't believe we won. I'm on team Patrick and I don't think it's close. Just imagine picking Nico and Philly gets the best prospect in the draft. Prototypical size, does everything well, has been consensus best player for a while. This isn't something you pass on. You let Philly take the boom or bust player.

Patrick definitely is falling victim of being over analyzed as any top concencious pick will be. The easy attack on him is the injury concerns and that has developed into people actually debating who is the better player which was never in the discussion due to production and strength of competition. There are a bunch of good guys at the top of this draft so all teams should be happy but I think the 1st pick should be Patrick. Meaning we either pick him or trade him for a haul to a team that wants to trade up to get him. You don't pick someone else and leave him on the board.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I'm surprised Kevin Cheveldayoff is still their GM. Yes the team was in bad shape when they moved to Winnipeg, but it's been 6 seasons now for him and they have little to show for it. They have finished 22nd, 18th, 22nd, 14th (made playoffs and swept in first round), 25th, and 20th. They aren't bottom feeders for sure, but that's a level of mediocrity most owners wouldn't put up with.

I think it's coaching and goaltending, they have some incredible young talent. Hellebuyck not progressing as much as everyone thought hurts pretty bad.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
It's got to be Patrick. If he played a full year this year he'd have monstrous production and be a consensus No. 1.

He may not have the helium ceiling of McDavid or a Crosby, but he's got the potential to be a complete franchise center. Hischier looks like a guy who will be a winger in the NHL and a good one but I don't get a feel from him in being a high impact top line forward.

Considering we have a high 2nd, another 2nd, and a top pick in the 3rd, and two 4ths, Shero can easily move back into the end of the 1st this year than last year.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It's got to be Patrick. If he played a full year this year he'd have monstrous production and be a consensus No. 1.

He may not have the helium ceiling of McDavid or a Crosby, but he's got the potential to be a complete franchise center. Hischier looks like a guy who will be a winger in the NHL and a good one but I don't get a feel from him in being a high impact top line forward.

Considering we have a high 2nd, another 2nd, and a top pick in the 3rd, and two 4ths, Shero can easily move back into the end of the 1st this year than last year.

Ideal scenario is we get our guy at 1 overall and then trade back in to get someone else we are high on in the tail end of the 2nd.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I also wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver with Benning there trying to trade for our pick. Supposedly he loves Patrick. That said I don't see a package from them worth trading the pick.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think this is going to be huge for Zacha.

Takes the pressure of being the franchise center off him and lets him settle into an elite #2C role.

Pretty pumped for you guys.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I also wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver with Benning there trying to trade for our pick. Supposedly he loves Patrick. That said I don't see a package from them worth trading the pick.

Especially going all the way down to 5. It'd be more intriguing if they were at 2 and that enamored with Patrick they'd give us assets to move up one spot. If they offered 5, their unprotected first next year and Horvat would that be enough to move the needle? Eh I'd rather just keep the pick unless it's some cray-crazy Lindros-type trade which it's not going to be since Patrick doesn't have Lindros talent.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Especially going all the way down to 5. It'd be more intriguing if they were at 2 and that enamored with Patrick they'd give us assets to move up one spot. If they offered 5, their unprotected first next year and Horvat would that be enough to move the needle? Eh I'd rather just keep the pick unless it's some cray-crazy Lindros-type trade which it's not going to be since Patrick doesn't have Lindros talent.

Yeah. I don't think we are trading it. I'm 99 percent sure Castron and Shero know they are taking Patrick. They've got the scouting reports, medicals, the tape, the interviews, etc.

I also think this is where Shero wants to mark the true turnaround in getting a No. 1 guy.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
great day today. we caught a much needed break.

organizational depth at the forward position is really starting to look elite .... obviously need a couple hits on buys like mcleod bastian speers etc. hopefully the devils can stack up on defensman in the 2nd and third rounds here

i think this lottery win also may help with the teams ability to bring in free agents...especially if kovy comes back in a short period of time with the right additions this summer you have to start considering this team a legit playoff contender with the right mix of youth and age..

we are deficient on the blue line though need shatty...

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

You think about that trade a lot more than you are giving it credit for.

You get Horvat, an unprotected 1st in what is supposed to be a good draft with higher end talent than this year and say a Middlestat or Glass at 5. I think they don't do it... not worth the loss of 3 players for that 1 talent for a team in a similar position as ours. Unless they have some unhealthy attraction to him of course....

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
great day today. we caught a much needed break.

organizational depth at the forward position is really starting to look elite .... obviously need a couple hits on buys like mcleod bastian speers etc. hopefully the devils can stack up on defensman in the 2nd and third rounds here

i think this lottery win also may help with the teams ability to bring in free agents...especially if kovy comes back in a short period of time with the right additions this summer you have to start considering this team a legit playoff contender with the right mix of youth and age..

we are deficient on the blue line though need shatty...

Supposedly reports are that he has no desire to return to NJ. Sign and trade for assets look to be in the future.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I do that deal and I want Patrick. Vanc would be next level stupid to do that deal.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Hey, guys, can we borrow Hall for the draft next year? Just for the day, and we'll give you a 3rd in exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad