GDT: Draft Lotto - Rollin for Nolan. 8(ish)PM. DEVILS PICK 1ST OVERALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Or any West Coast team, except maybe the Kings (for the 2012 Finals)

Silly to hate a team for beating us or for signing a guy who fulfilled his contract to us and walked on his own accord. There's no team I hate other than the Rags, who I reserve every ounce of pure hatred for. The Flyers and Pens are on the 2nd level of the hate train.

The rest of the teams are a waste of time hating unless you're one of the ones who signed Bertuzzi after the Moore incident, but even there it was so long ago that its more down to the individuals that did than the franchise itself.

HITMAN88

Jun 29, 2011
Sandanski
Heh, my dad was the one taking the photos. As the #7 pick was revealed, I did my best Family Feud impersonation and said "Show me Coyotes........." then proceeded to go full Howard Dean BYAAAAAH when it happened.

I went out of my way to watch Brandon play Seattle last year in the WHL Finals last year, so I have a slight non-logical preference towards Patrick. But at this point, I could be swayed either way.

ahhh, I am sorry for my mistake :) but I was right about the pick!
Impersonation or not I can see through you. I can see that you prefer Nolan Patrick :laugh:

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I forgave them after they shattered the Rangers' dreams in 2014. They did the hockey world a solid there.

Yeah, if I have any Kings fan give me grief about 2012, I usually diffuse it with "We beat the Ducks in '03, you guys beat the Rangers in '14. We can agree with those results."

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
http://www.sportsnet.ca/?sn-article=behind-scenes-2017-nhl-draft-lottery-gary-bettman

Any awkward silence there might have been, however, was quickly halted by the sound of the commissioner making small talk.

He eventually approached me and asked, "So, what did you think?"

I respond: "Well, the number six was the only number to pop up three times and the Devils won. Coincidence?"

Bettman chuckles and raises his eyebrows. "The number of the devil."

We may not like the man, but he has a sense of humor we can appreciate.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I felt bad that I didnt make a GDT this season so I made this

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think he paid his dues. I think he has been a good advocate for this franchise when he discusses topics about the Devils in recent memory. He enjoys the ribbing as well especially when we hosted the draft.

ok what the hell lol. he's a piece of **** that will absolutely lock the NHL out to make a buck, fans be damned. **** bettman to hell

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Still sucks this didn't happen when McDavid and Matthews were available.

Patrick and Hischier are going to be good players, but not superstars.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Still sucks this didn't happen when McDavid and Matthews were available.

Patrick and Hischier are going to be good players, but not superstars.

Of course it'd be better if a superstar was available with the 1st overall in this draft, but both guys are potential stars. I find it hard to look at the negative when the odds of picking a core player for this team in the upcoming draft were significantly lower prior to the draft lottery.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Plus we need good players too. If you're waiting for a top ten NHL player to walk through that door you're destined for dissapointment, especially with this lottery. If you had this year's lottery last year (which was pretty much the same format only without Vegas) Mathews would be in Calgary and Laine would be in Carolina.

And we finished 5th from the bottom, this is found money. Embrace it instead of always complaining that we only found a fifty-dollar bill instead of a hundred.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Plus we need good players too. If you're waiting for a top ten NHL player to walk through that door you're destined for dissapointment, especially with this lottery. If you had this year's lottery last year (which was pretty much the same format only without Vegas) Mathews would be in Calgary and Laine would be in Carolina.

And we finished 5th from the bottom, this is found money. Embrace it instead of always complaining that we only found a fifty-dollar bill instead of a hundred.

Other day I was wondering if some in pro-Nico camp might be there because they're disappointed to have the #1 overall and knowing that Patrick is no generational talent like Matthews and McDavid and hoping that Nico might turn into that, mostly because his stock is rising and relatively unknown as compared to Patrick.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think it's even simpler than that, it's just another example of "what have you done for me lately?" The vast majority of fans these days only base their opinions and future projections on very recent history. Players who are on a hot streak or who have been trending upwards in the last few months always get hyped up disproportionately to the steady performers.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Or get this people like him because they like how he plays. I mean that kind of statement is already kind of rich considering that some of you have barely watched him play if at all. And you are aware guys that have their stock boosted in their draft year still turn out to be good as to where they are drafted. Guys like Bob McKenzie have said it's a virtual dead heat between NHL scouts but yes someone who likes him is just about hype

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad