• Kemmelf

Votes: 13 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Obvious he would flop? Not too sure about that one
I said in retrospect. The red flags were massive. Obviously we didn’t know about his dad, but the Habs might have at the time. The bad skating, the lack of on-ice awareness. But the Habs were so desperate for a centre, they bet on him changing things around.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The big day has arrived. I fully expect the Coyotes to win the draft and we finish 2nd.

If we draft first I’ll be shocked and if we draft anything less than 2nd I’ll be pissed. I’m good with 2nd.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I said in retrospect. The red flags were massive. Obviously we didn’t know about his dad, but the Habs might have at the time. The bad skating, the lack of on-ice awareness. But the Habs were so desperate for a centre, they bet on him changing things around.

I was talking about Yakupov

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The big day has arrived. I fully expect the Coyotes to win the draft and we finish 2nd.

If we draft first I’ll be shocked and if we draft anything less than 2nd I’ll be pissed. I’m good with 2nd.

If the Coyotes get 1st, there is a very high % we get 3rd. 2nd OA is the lowest % for us.

I'm thinking it's going to be 1st OA or 3rd OA.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The first sign we get for getting #1OA is if one of the Blue Jackets, Islanders, Jets, Canucks, or Knights do not pick in order from 16-12. If any of them move down when they release the order from 16 down, Habs finish first.

Only exception would be the Blue Jackets. If they win the 2nd draw vs the 1st draw, we won't know.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
We have the best odds to win the 1st overall pick, but overall, our most likely outcome is picking 3rd overall.

So mathematically, you're betting on the wrong outcome.
I don’t think most people are betting, it’s just kinda like being excited for your team in the playoffs if they win the presidents trophy and dominate the league. Doesn’t guarantee a cup but it’s nice to be a contender.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Crazy how we used a #3 pick on one of the only Finnish players in the history of hockey with a bad attitude. Players from Finland normally have great attitudes and are low maintenance.
What's crazy is how in today's NHL where skating is probably one of the most important attributes to have in order to succeed we managed to pick two of the worst skaters I'm KK and Galchenyuk. Weak skaters are almost extinct in modern NHL but we somehow managed to pick bad ones both times we picked 3OV. Can't make this stuff up!

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Go with the D
Wright=Hischier
Slafkovsky=Patrick
Jiricek=Heiskanen
Nemec=Makar
1652186713115.png

Wright and Hischier might be somewhat comparable but I don't see the others as comparables whatsoever. Nemec and Makar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad