Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Agree with Joey. I don't think the Rangers need another 5'10' right handed defenseman who is good offensively but not good defensively. [>QUOTE="Joey Bones, post: 143425221, member: 169713"]Although he got two goals, I thought he wasn't good defensively. Got caught flat footed a bunch a times, most notably on the last goal Michigan Tech scored. I mean I wouldn't mind the signing, but I'm unsure on his pro career, ATM.[/QUOTE]

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Agreed. I actually think Kotkaniemi would be the best of the three you mentioned. I love Farabee, but the college commitment thing has me worried.

I think he's more in line with a high upside low downside pick. Mentioned him as a get in the late first a few months ago, but he won't be there.

If the Rangers pick 9 , 25 & 30... I'd go with the following:

9. BPA... Preferably Center... Possibly RHD. Wahlstrom & Bouchard are my choices but I don't know if they'll be there.

Some teams may shy away on Wahlstrom due to the fear of a long term Harvard commit. Not too many teams will want to wait 4 years on a top 10 pick. That's a luxury to have if you're a team.

25. BPA... Preferably RH Scoring Center/Winger... Bokk.. Woo.. Kupari.. Noel... Thomas.. Kraut

30. BPA... RH Scorer that drops or BPA defenseman.

Rangers have picks now where they pick up commoditized assets unless it's a significant BPA upgrade.

Still wish we had the OTT 2nd and not the cluster blob that is Smith now... but there's going to be a very solid player at 39-42. You can also expect a slider with the BOS pick.

I'm more than okay with drafting a safe 4th line utility player with the BOS 2nd.

Last edited:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Agree with Joey. I don't think the Rangers need another 5'10' right handed defenseman who is good offensively but not good defensively. [>QUOTE="Joey Bones, post: 143425221, member: 169713"]Although he got two goals, I thought he wasn't good defensively. Got caught flat footed a bunch a times, most notably on the last goal Michigan Tech scored. I mean I wouldn't mind the signing, but I'm unsure on his pro career, ATM.
[/QUOTE]

I think we've gotten a good look at the shooters back on defense with their size and speed challenges when defending. You aren't winning with these guys. One good one... fine... 3 of them out there for 60 minutes a night?

Let's welcome the 38 shots against a night in the favor of guys that take shots from the blueline when in the offensive zone. Might even beat Chayka's losing percentage going down that route with a goalie that steals 8-10 games a season.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
With the rumors that NYR are willing to move a 1st rounder (hopefully later 1st) and the rumor that Calgary is looking for a 1st rounder, I could see one of Rasmus Andersson or Adam Fox becoming a Ranger at the draft. I don't think just a 1st rounder can get Valimaki, unfortunately.

IMO, that's way better than any of the pick ups there. Imagine picking up both Lindgren and Fox in one season?!! :nod:

SCT

May 6, 2015
Although he got two goals, I thought he wasn't good defensively. Got caught flat footed a bunch a times, most notably on the last goal Michigan Tech scored. I mean I wouldn't mind the signing, but I'm unsure on his pro career, ATM.

Rewatch the game. NDs Neutral Zone was horrendous tonight. I thought the same thing until I rewatched it. He had the right gap on each play.

SCT

May 6, 2015
Although he got two goals, I thought he wasn't good defensively. Got caught flat footed a bunch a times, most notably on the last goal Michigan Tech scored. I mean I wouldn't mind the signing, but I'm unsure on his pro career, ATM.

Basically a better offensive version of Pionk IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce