Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Have't been overly impressed w/ Tkachuk through the 1st period. He has some grit to his game though. But I'm not sure he's top line center.

Same, he's doing the same thing when I saw him at the Beanpot. Not impressed, either. One period, though, let's see if he can turn it around....

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Anyone have any info on Mallot? Had a great shift so I looked up his eliteprospects page and he’s an undrafted sophomore and has some decentish numbers

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Honestly I would argue that Tkachuk is borderline underrated in here at this point. He's not the #3 prospect in the draft, that's crazy, but he is elite in the corners and a very sneaky good passer.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
That’s fine, but is his offensive ceiling even as high as a guy like Wahlstrom?

I would say no but I can see the argument. They are extremely different players. I love Wahlstrom, and would draft him at 4/5 no problem. But I'm not sure I see a ceiling much higher than 35 g / 60 pts. He's not Clayton Keller. Incredible shot, but doesn't appear to be the type of player who drives a line by having the puck a ton, even at his current level of play.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I'm over-indexing the other way and I'll be the first to admit I haven't watched him play but everything I read about Tkachuk it sounds like it would be a top pick from a bygone era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad