Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Updated mocks....

2018 NHL Mock Draft | 2018 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

1 (10) LW: Joel Farabee (USA) (5'9"/160lbs., Shot: Left, USNTDP/USHL) *19/20 Boston Uni. Commit*
1 (29) D: Nils Lundkvist (SWE) (5'9"/174lbs., Shot: Right, Lulea/SHL)
1 (30) D: Rasmus Sandin (SWE) (5'9"/189lbs., Shot: Left, Sault Ste. Marie/OHL) *18/19 Rogle/SHL Commit*

Draftsite didn't change, but I figured I try Tankathon. First simulation, got the 1st overall pick. It's a sign people!!!!

1 (1) D: Rasmus Dahlin (SWE) (6'2"/182lbs., Shot: Left, Frolunda/SHL)
1 (29) C: Benoit-Olivier Groulx (CAN) (6'1"/189lbs., Shot: Left, Halifax/QMJHL)
1 (30) RW: Vitali Kravtsov (RUS) (6'2"/182lbs., Shot: Left, Chelyabinsk/KHL)

Looks, as though, Lundkvist is being dropped in the 1st round now, but I love both he and Sandin with NYR's later 1sts. Groulx might drop out of the 1st round and into the 2nd. I wouldn't like that reach for NYR.
Kravtsov could be a steal at No. 30.

Thoughts?
Funny, I have done the Tankathon auto simulation and got NYR first overall a few times. Weird. Boom, just did it again. Really weird.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
First draft is a solid haul, reallllly like Sandin at 30. I think he could rise, though.

Agreed on Groulx, although he seems to be a pretty similar prospect to Morgan Frost, who looks like a steal for the Flyers.

I could see the similarity, however, I think Groulx is more suited for a defensive pro game than to Frost's offensive game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ran it 5x, 3x I got the 1OA today. The other 2x I got the 10th pick.

That draft sim likes you much more than it likes me.

Rangers were pretty consistent in breaking into the top 3 when they were slated 7th. Lately they're either staying at 10 or moving down a few spots on the sims I've ran.

The Isles have gotten into the top 3 with Calgary's pick more often than the Rangers have for me. Luckily I'm not the one running the lottery.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
That draft sim likes you much more than it likes me.

Rangers were pretty consistent in breaking into the top 3 when they were slated 7th. Lately they're either staying at 10 or moving down a few spots on the sims I've ran.

The Isles have gotten into the top 3 with Calgary's pick more often than the Rangers have for me. Luckily I'm not the one running the lottery.
Maybe the Rangers should petition the NHL to have me pick the ping pong balls?

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
What would it take to move up into the mid teens with a later pick? Say Bode Wilde fell to 15. Do you guys think Boston’s first at 28ish Zuccarello and Spooner would do it?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Oh and Ty Smith would be awesome in the 10-12 range

everyone's forgetting about him but he's really good

Very good prospect. I might argue he’s the least flashy of all the guys I have in my top tier, maybe doesn’t have the fantasy-inducing upside of some of the other options on defense, but he’s a top tier prospect nonetheless.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd counter with Kotkaniemi, Farabee, Wilde. All three are very good players, but there are a few question marks with all of them. I gave Kotkaniemi the edge since he's already in pro hockey and is tied with Puljujarvi's U17 production. Obvious question mark is coming to North America and how quickly. Farabee as No. 2 because of the college commitment delay. Otheriwse, he's a workhorse. Wilde has all the tools to be successful, but having higher end forwards gave the edge over him, IMO.

Also to note, I don't get some who worry on Wilde's potential. He plays fantastic offense, skates very well for a big boy and can defend. Think he could be a better version of Johnny Boychuk in the NHL.

Farabee is easily #3, in my opinion. I think he's very overrated, not particularly dynamic, production is good, not great. When people have to talk about his work-ethic and stuff like that, I think thats telling of why he's not a top 15 pick. Good player, I just don't think he's a top 15 pick. Wilde and Kotkaniemi have higher ceilings, especially Wilde who could easily be a 1D. Farabee's potential at his position isn't close to that, in my opinion. Wilde's not that good defensively right now, in my opinion, and the hockey IQ is a problem, but he's so talented. Many defensemen in this draft struggle defensively and with their decision making. I think he can improve in those areas.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Updated mocks....

2018 NHL Mock Draft | 2018 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

1 (10) LW: Joel Farabee (USA) (5'9"/160lbs., Shot: Left, USNTDP/USHL) *19/20 Boston Uni. Commit*
1 (29) D: Nils Lundkvist (SWE) (5'9"/174lbs., Shot: Right, Lulea/SHL)
1 (30) D: Rasmus Sandin (SWE) (5'9"/189lbs., Shot: Left, Sault Ste. Marie/OHL) *18/19 Rogle/SHL Commit*

Draftsite didn't change, but I figured I try Tankathon. First simulation, got the 1st overall pick. It's a sign people!!!!

1 (1) D: Rasmus Dahlin (SWE) (6'2"/182lbs., Shot: Left, Frolunda/SHL)
1 (29) C: Benoit-Olivier Groulx (CAN) (6'1"/189lbs., Shot: Left, Halifax/QMJHL)
1 (30) RW: Vitali Kravtsov (RUS) (6'2"/182lbs., Shot: Left, Chelyabinsk/KHL)

Looks, as though, Lundkvist is being dropped in the 1st round now, but I love both he and Sandin with NYR's later 1sts. Groulx might drop out of the 1st round and into the 2nd. I wouldn't like that reach for NYR.
Kravtsov could be a steal at No. 30.

Thoughts?

Don't like the first one. Farabee is too high, not a fan of Sandin.

Second one is great.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed on Groulx, although he seems to be a pretty similar prospect to Morgan Frost, who looks like a steal for the Flyers.

I think Frost is way more talented. Groulx isn't a top two rounder in my opinion, but I'd be willing for us to forfeit all our remaining picks if we won the draft lottery.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think Edmonton could do it. I think the isles have a good chance to do it Chicago is playing the worst hockey in the league right now. Can’t beat anyone. I don’t see it.

I’m thinking we get 8 or 9 and then who knows what happens with the lottery

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Carolina can keep their gap and the Isles+Edmonton pass the Rangers I'd be more than content.

Saturday is as sure of a win as this team is going to have. If they drop both of the b2b against Washington and the game in Carolina next week they have a real shot at making the above happen.

I don't think they win any of the last 3 games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad