Management Don Sweeney VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
If
You need a trade that makes the cap work as well as makes the team better.

We know Colorado wants one of Carlo++/ McAvoy. Would they take Krug instead, maybe? But then the Bruins have a gaping hole they need to fix.

Honestly I'm not even sure Boston is really even in on Duchene. Boston wants lando from them.

Now maybe at some point it becomes all about prospects, and if it is after Jan, Boston would have cap space to make a prospects deal.

If at the deadline Colorado is willing to take Zboril, Heinen, Spooner and a pick, then maybe a deal makes sense.
If Colorado only wants Carlo for Landeskog the deal should have been made a long time ago. I'm not sure Sweeney has the guts to make a real trade.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have a strong feeling that the year bruins had 3 first rounds choices is a turning point in sweeny era and not in a good way

13, 14, and 15 are certainly no slam dunk positions to pick at. If it's not a top pick, its hard to guarantee a successful draft.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Why aren't you sure.
Has he made an NHL player for NHL player trade yet? He dealt off Lucic and Hamilton for prospects. Can he make a our really good player for your really good player trade?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I said really good players. Carlo/Landeskog, not those two.

I think the only players on the Bruins we could really get a haul for as of today are Marchand and Pasta. Bergy and Krejci are important but would probably yield no better than what Lucic and Hamilton did bc of their age and injury history IMO

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think the only players on the Bruins we could really get a haul for as of today are Marchand and Pasta. Bergy and Krejci are important but would probably yield no better than what Lucic and Hamilton did bc of their age and injury history IMO
I think you're right. I'm not sure who mentioned March, Pasta, Krech or Bergeron though.

It doesn't take guts to trade an aging player on the downhill (Berg/Kretch) for prospects. If it doesn't work out you can always call it a salary dump (Lucic) and that you were forced to take your chances. Carlo for Landeskog would be a gutsy trade I don't think Sweeney is capable of as he has yet to do much of anything with real NHL talent.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
At least Don has left us with some cap flexibility this year to make some moves and improve the team.

Wait what? We have no cap space you say??

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
After reading this thread, I'm happy that the NHL charges per month for center ice instead of a flat fee so I can cancel after a month. Three games in, season decided, careers defined...Awesome, saves me a lot of free time.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Sweeney has won me over with his drafting. As I wrote in another thread, out of nine draft picks in the first two rounds, Sweeney needed to hit on four or more to be a success. He has hit on two defencemen and hitting on defence was of the utmost importance. He needs two out of the remaining seven which certainly seems easily attainable.

He still has to make a FA signing or hockey trade that benefits the team. So far, that part of his resume has been disappointing.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If
If Colorado only wants Carlo for Landeskog the deal should have been made a long time ago. I'm not sure Sweeney has the guts to make a real trade.
Landescog is overated. Ever heard of the cap? You cant do a trade līke that.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Landescog is overated. Ever heard of the cap? You cant do a trade līke that.

Totally agree....career high 26 goals, 39 assists
you make that trade there is our new whipping boy
not interested in trading a 20 year old, smooth skating,#2 shutdown defender who's offensive skills are trending up for a player who has hit his high point 4 years ago

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Sweeney must address the Bergeron injury. If the engine on your car is broken, you fix it.

We won't make the playoffs without Bergeron playing at 100%. I'd pull the trigger sooner than later on getting help

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Sweeney must address the Bergeron injury. If the engine on your car is broken, you fix it.

We won't make the playoffs without Bergeron playing at 100%. I'd pull the trigger sooner than later on getting help
Might as well start searching for a permanent Bergeron replacement. He hasn't played since last spring and yet we're supposed to think he's day to day? My guess is that he plays less than 50 games this year. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if his retirement is three years away or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad