Value of: Dobson's 8 years extension this summer

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Noah Dobson will be eligible to a contract extension on July 1st since he will be in the last year of his 3 years ( 4millions per) bridge deal he signed in 2022.

At 24, he is already arguably a top 5-10 D in the league.

Lou likes to sign his 4th liners to long deals... How much will Noah get?

My guess is he's in Dahlin territory, 10+ * 8 years.

What do you think?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Noah Dobson will be eligible to a contract extension on July 1st since he will be in the last year of his 3 years ( 4millions per) bridge deal he signed in 2022.

At 24, he is already arguably a top 5-10 D in the league.

Lou likes to sign his 4th liners to long deals... How much will Noah get?

My guess is he's in Dahlin territory, 10+ * 8 years.

What do you think?
In this ballpark, no hometown discount
could be slightly higher/lower dep on how strong nmc/ntc provisions are

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
$10M/8YR, Lou gave engvall and Mayfield money and term, hard to tell their soon to be 100 point defenseman less than full market value

Reactions: periferal

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
he should be in Dahlin territory 10+, I was wondering why he is beasting this year. Didnt know he was on a bridge deal and up for extension. It seems he was in on every goal NYI scores.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Dobson's extension makes me nervous as he'll be one of the comparables that Rasmussen Andersson will use when he's eligible for an extension a year later.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Dobson's extension makes me nervous as he'll be one of the comparables that Rasmussen Andersson will use when he's eligible for an extension a year later.
I don't mean disrespect to Andersson by saying this, but how the hell is Dobson a comparable? Dobson is in RFA years, 4 years younger, and has been a top 5 d man this year.

Andersson is a good d man but they're hardly contract comparables.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is there any way he does the recent move done by big name guys and goes 2-3 years x $9+ and then scores 11.5 to 12 when cap is nearing $95ish million?

I'd be surprised if he gets over 11 x 8 yrs, I see the numbers and how well he's played this year but just seems wild.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Heiskanen and Dahlin basically bracketed the range here. By the time you account for cap inlation, Dobson will end up skewed much closer to the Dahlin end of things.

So something in the vicinity of $11M x 8 probably.

Reactions: oceanchild

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Is there any way he does the recent move done by big name guys and goes 2-3 years x $9+ and then scores 11.5 to 12 when cap is nearing $95ish million?

I'd be surprised if he gets over 11 x 8 yrs, I see the numbers and how well he's played this year but just seems wild.

I think as a defenseman you want to cash in on the kind of production he’s having this year. Lot more risk that you don’t get back to the same offensive numbers

Feel like 11 is a stretch, I’d expect 8x9.5-10

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think as a defenseman you want to cash in on the kind of production he’s having this year. Lot more risk that you don’t get back to the same offensive numbers

No doubt, risk is always there but defensemen do typically take more time to fully develop outside goaltenders.

Wouldn't be shortsighted to see him go for the full term but agents will try to maximize the biggest career returns possible as well.

Islanders have some of the best RD depth in the league.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

That’s actually why I’d be hesitant to sign him if I’m the Isles. He’d still be under team control after next year. Let him show he can repeat it before he gets big money. Sabres are probably wishing they did the same with Dahlin who’s still good but not deserving of 11 based on this year. It’ll be a big deal regardless, but might change things a mil or two

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Hes going to be the highest paid NHL defenceman after next year.

11.75 x 8 years

And once he signs his new contract, the shine on Noah dobson will wear off and he will be scrutinized by hockey fans everywhere because he's paid so well.

Reactions: oceanchild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad