Do you want Milan Lucic on the oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
so some rumors have it that Lucic will get 7 years at 6m per.
eeek.
Sounds about right. Trade the younger, better, faster, cheaper player and replace with older, slower, more expensive.
Next stop Stanley !!

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Sounds about right. Trade the younger, better, faster, cheaper player and replace with older, slower, more expensive.
Next stop Stanley !!

And add a top pairing minute eating right handed dman... But yeah sure look at it from whatever perspective you want.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Next stop Stanley !!

Do you realize we gave up Hall for Larsson? It's not like we traded him for nothing and had Lucic come in to replace him. We filled a major hole on defence.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I mean.....worst case scenario is you have a LW that has completely checked out for longer.
We'll see. I've watched Milan Lucic a lot. The consensus on this board seems to be that he's a go hard kind of guy, and he is when he wants to be.
But I've seen him float plenty. Coast back into his own zone. He's no better than Hall in that regard. Seven million is too much. He won't live up to that deal.
Do you realize we gave up Hall for Larsson?
Dang I had no idea. Thanks so much.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
We'll see. I've watched Milan Lucic a lot. The consensus on this board seems to be that he's a go hard kind of guy, and he is when he wants to be.
But I've seen him float plenty. Coast back into his own zone. He's no better than Hall in that regard. Seven million is too much. He won't live up to that deal.
Dang I had no idea. Thanks so much.

Just thought I would help, the way you were talking I figured you missed that part :sarcasm:

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
This is gonna be the Clarkson contract in 2 years. Just brutal.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Give me some of dat LEADERSHIP and MENTORSHIP.

We got a team of KIDS and Lucic is someone the kids can look up to

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
nsr.gif

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
I don't really understand why fans worry about the length of contracts.

Give Lucic seven years if that's what it takes. Seven years is a looooong time in sports, worry about the end of that contract when it comes. It just seems silly to be in anguish over something like that when there may very well be a ton of opportunities to get out of it half a decade down the line.

I want to see some improvement NOW. Make it happen and who cares if it impacts our ability to sign a backup goalie three Presidential campaigns down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad