Do you want Milan Lucic on the oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
After the event of the trade today it's even more apparent that this argument is trending in my favor.

The first trade of the off season involved filling one of the biggest holes on the backend. Who would have thought? At the same time Chairelli also cleared more cap space which I also noted as a valid concern. It's fair to say that the roster now has three legitimate d-men that would be protected at the expansion draft leaving the rest exposed. Funny that I also mentioned how over stated losing a single player would be...

Regarding your comment about putting more weight into guests on Stauffer's show, obviously they know more then you do. I will take the opinion of the experienced who are involved in the everyday operations of a team over a guy lurking on the internet every single time. Also, just to clarify things, this is not my only source of information but rather the most recent and easily accessible to those that would rather type nonsense on the internet rather then educate themselves. You asked for an example and I provided you with one. Discrediting the sources is your narrative.

I know it sucks to be wrong but if you are truly a standup guy admitting it would earn you a lot of e-cred here.

Something to consider.

Thanks for the lecture.

I have been on these boards for 12 years and have been wrong many times. Had no trouble admitting it.

So for you to talk about e-cred on these boards after the exchanges we have had so far is laughable at best and extremely pompous at worst..

So yeah...were done....lol

Cheers to you.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I was really looking forward to having Lucic play easy minutes. His body is going to give away faster now that he'll be our top line LWer. Also, why not wait until, ya know, Lucic is actually signed before trading away our second best forward. If we're stuck with our fingers in our ass come Friday as Lucic signs with Detroit Chia better be gone. Fireable offense if we don't get Lucic.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The date of the thrade just makes it difficult to understand the power dynamics behind negotiations.

To put it simply: Was moving Hall necessary to entice Lucic into signing or did moving Hall give Lucic so much negotiating power he can now demand whatever he wants from Edmonton?

What happens if Lucic walks into Chairelli's office and demands 7X7? What other options are out there that help Edmonton?

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
I don't know why, but I have feeling that Lucic is not going to sign here. I don't why, just a bad gut feeling. I really hope I'm wrong. Does anyone else feel like this?

If we do miss out on him, you gotta think there'd be a line up of LWs who would love to get a chance to play with McDavid. But who else could we actually get?

I just want tomorrow to get here now.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
TSN rumor says the Kings offered 6x6. So if that is true it has to be more than that unless for some reason he just really didn't like LA. This contract could be really ugly.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
The other...............???

The date of the thrade just makes it difficult to understand the power dynamics behind negotiations.

To put it simply: Was moving Hall necessary to entice Lucic into signing or did moving Hall give Lucic so much negotiating power he can now demand whatever he wants from Edmonton?

What happens if Lucic walks into Chairelli's office and demands 7X7? What other options are out there that help Edmonton?

The other scenario is that he has already got an agreement with Lucic........so hence the trading of Hull.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
because while the first 3 years might be ok, the oilers would be stuck with a 7 million dollar cap anchor for the last 4.

whatever the deal is I hope it is front loaded to the max.

eg. 9M\9M\9M\6M\4M\3M\2M

7yrs 42M

Easier to pawn him off to a team like ARI \ CAR after 4 yrs.

Give him a NMC for the first 2 seasons only so he wont be going to Vegas.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
because while the first 3 years might be ok, the oilers would be stuck with a 7 million dollar cap anchor for the last 4.

you don't know that, no one does. Look at Iginla, another power forward, bigger guy, still putting up 30 goals a year at 38. Lucic just turned 28, 3 weeks ago. He's in great shape, and no one knows what the future will bring. It's a gamble, just like every contract.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
TSN rumor says the Kings offered 6x6. So if that is true it has to be more than that unless for some reason he just really didn't like LA. This contract could be really ugly.

Interesting...everything I read said they would only offer 4 years which is why he walked.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
So basically 90% at least like the idea of adding Lucic. Kind of surprising to me, didn't think it would be that one sided.

He's still agood player, but with hall gone it's basically something that has to get done. What sucks is he would prob get as much as hall and hall is better. :( but Lucic is a different type of player and would be very needed. It's just a matter if he can hold up.

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
We have to take him now. No choice. Larsson wasn't even on the block so why the hell didn't we wait until Lucic was locked up before pulling the trade? Does this guy know what he is doing? I sure hope he does.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not sure why Lucic gets so underrated around here. Were talking about a PWF here that can pot 50+ points and maybe even more if he's playing with Mcdavid. Not only that, he will create a lot of space for Mcdavid and will intimidate the **** out of others. We need a guy like him in our lineup. We're slowly turning into a a skilled team with size if we add Lucic into our top 6.

There is a chance that maybe in year 5 he will start to decline but there really is no guarantee he will either. He's had a relatively healthy career and 5 years down the road is a long time to worry about. Get the deal done now, lots of things will change in 5 years.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The other scenario is that he has already got an agreement with Lucic........so hence the trading of Hull.
Do these agreements really mean anything before a contract is signed? Kevin Lowe thought he had an agreement with Michael Nylander once upon a time. Turns out it didn't mean anything.

I hope Lucic signs now that Hall has been traded. I was probably fifty fifty before the trade. I can't imagine how ugly things are going to get for Chiarelli if Lucic goes elsewhere. I haven't ripped into him like others have because I wanted to see what else he was going to do to shape the roster. I don't think I'm alone in that. If he misses out on Lucic many are going to wonder if it might have something to do with Hall no longer being here. I think the timing of the Hall trade is a little puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad