Do you want Milan Lucic on the oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Yep I do for sure. Love the thought of him Maroon and Kassian as big guys that can play forchecking on Flames D.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Yup but not if we're paying him 6 x 6. If we're giving him 6 years, he needs to take less money. Something closer to 5 mill than it is to 6 mill. Have no problem giving him 6 if it's shorter term.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
I think there are two ways to answer this question.

The first, from no-cap world. Focusing purely on who the player is, how the player plays, without considering the dollar value.

In this world, I am smitten with this player. We have McDavid, who will become the best player in the league at some point in the near future. We have Nuge, Draisaitl -- skilled, wonderful playmakers. Lucic is the ultimate compliment to their skill-sets.

Lucic is one of the most imposing figures in the entire league. People are, and always will be, afraid of him. He is a 6'4" power-house weighting in at over 230 pounds. He is the ultimate power-forward.

When Darnell Nurse fought this player, the level of respect for Darnell went up significantly throughout the entire league - that is how tough the player is, if you even square up against him, you must have some concrete pills.

We have always wanted this player.

Then there is the other world, the cap world. If he costs 6M or less, I am happy. He might not produce like our 6M men might in their contract future, but the intangibles and menace he injects into our group is worth its weight in gold.

More than 6M, and I feel a bit apprehensive.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm 50-50 on it. UFA shopping is kinda like driving past a Taco Bell at 1 AM ... you know your stomach will probably be angry at you later, but damn if that Gordita-Chalupa-whatever hybrid isn't calling to you.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I think there are two ways to answer this question.

The first, from no-cap world. Focusing purely on who the player is, how the player plays, without considering the dollar value.

In this world, I am smitten with this player. We have McDavid, who will become the best player in the league at some point in the near future. We have Nuge, Draisaitl -- skilled, wonderful playmakers. Lucic is the ultimate compliment to their skill-sets.

Lucic is one of the most imposing figures in the entire league. People are, and always will be, afraid of him. He is a 6'4" power-house weighting in at over 230 pounds. He is the ultimate power-forward.

When Darnell Nurse fought this player, the level of respect for Darnell went up significantly throughout the entire league - that is how tough the player is, if you even square up against him, you must have some concrete pills.

We have always wanted this player.

Then there is the other world, the cap world. If he costs 6M or less, I am happy. He might not produce like our 6M men might in their contract future, but the intangibles and menace he injects into our group is worth its weight in gold.

More than 6M, and I feel a bit apprehensive.

Very good post

Feb 9, 2013
I have wanted Lucic on the Oil for a long time... but I did not expect better than a 96% "Yes" vote. How often do people on this board agree to such a degree?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Sure.

Picking up Lucic and making a stupid trade involving Taylor Hall are mutually exclusive events and should be judged as such, were they to happen.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Definitly would not be mad at all if he ends up here at 6x6. But, I would love for him to sign at maybe 5.5x5.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The NMC in the final years is the only thing that I'd hate. Otherwise what is 6mil in today's game?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Bit of a loaded question

My answer is with an asterisk, meaning I only want him if it means shipping out Hall for a top pairing d-man. If we're keeping Hall, then my answer is no.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Sure.

Picking up Lucic and making a stupid trade involving Taylor Hall are mutually exclusive events and should be judged as such, were they to happen.

Exactly. The act of getting Lucic is good and frees us up to make some sort of a trade for defence.

What we choose to do with that trade would need to be judged separately.

Jephman

Jun 1, 2010
If we add Lucic and trade out Eberle/Hall for d help then that's a pretty good option. We sacrifice little offense, add more size and hitting, and we improve our D. Hard to pass that up.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If they're adding Lucic to Hall on the left side, absolutely.

If they're adding Lucic to trade Hall, absolutely not.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not if their trading Hall for Hamonic/Larsson level defender.

I'd rather sign Backes and trade RNH for Matt freaking Dumba straight up.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I'm 50-50 on it. UFA shopping is kinda like driving past a Taco Bell at 1 AM ... you know your stomach will probably be angry at you later, but damn if that Gordita-Chalupa-whatever hybrid isn't calling to you.

This sums it up perfectly! Haha

Cogliano13Gagner89

Nov 3, 2007
Oilers Misery
This team has been a pile of ***** for 10 years, the joke of the NHL and I hear people complaining 6 years at 6+ mill is too much.

Are you kidding me? This has to end, its time to start winning now. This joke of an organization has been about "building the future" and "looking ahead to next year" for a decade now. Who cares if in the last year or two of his contract he'll be overpaid. This franchise needs a huge culture and attitude change and Lucic is one of those guys that will do that.

Is he worth 6 mill a season, probably not. Ideally i think 5 years at 5 per would be great but that won't happen. I'm fine with 6x6 or 6 years 6.5 per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad