Speculation: Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

Do You Want Gerard Gallant Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Yes, for Trotz. This team should be far more successful than it is right now. “But bbny, they are 3rd in the Metro”…don’t care. The fact that they are 3rd in the Metro is a testament to the talent on the roster and nothing else. They should be near the top of the league, but they don’t play the right way that leads to consistent winning hockey. That’s coaching.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I vote yes, largely because I have a feeling some of the roster choices were also influenced by Gallant. Reaves and Carpenter specifically.

I also believe Gallant's lack of trust in players, like Miller, Chytil leads to the Rangers signing guys like Nemeth and overpaying in term for a Trocheck. I do not soley blame him for that, just seems like if the coach conveyed something like, "I'm going to use those guys more often this up coming season", maybe the GM makes different choices.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I'd like this team to have:
Structure
Accountability
Consistency
And a higher compete level across the board

A new coach could fix the first two but the last two are a little more complex and fall to the players themselves. It's too late in the season for a team currently in a playoff spot in a brutal division to hire a new head coach so i'd lean towards no, but I would of been on board early December.

Either way, unless they dominate in the playoffs and go on a legit run GG will be gone this summer so I kind of don't care. Honestly, Gallant probably doesn't care either at this point. He has tried to get them to play a N/S game since day 1 and the players legit never even bothered. Or they're too slow.

Last edited:

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Yes, for Trotz. This team should be far more successful than it is right now. “But bbny, they are 3rd in the Metro”…don’t care. The fact that they are 3rd in the Metro is a testament to the talent on the roster and nothing else. They should be near the top of the league, but they don’t play the right way that leads to consistent winning hockey. That’s coaching.
Totally agree, they've given away 10-12 points this year through sheer stubbornness and stupidity.

Reactions: OldBlueshirt

Deleted member 23124

A different coach will make a big difference on the ice. People who voted no are just unaware of whats going on and only looking at our record.

Gallant does NONE of the following: Implement a system defensive esp and offensive. Stop with this pond hockey bullshit and a defense where nobody knows where to go. That in itself will help a tremendous amount.
Then there is the constant line shuffling and relying on vets to save his ass.
Theres the im not here to help develop players.
Then There is i can shuffle on the lines but not change the pp which has been 0 for the centrury mark since december.
He does not line match and is constantly out classed in coaching bc he doesnt coach.
I get what you're saying....but what happens when the new coach comes in and the same players continue to do things their way? This has been a problem with two coaches so far.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The organization has deep problems when it comes to philosophy, decision making, development, etc. that’s for certain.

But Gallant is horrible independent of all that. There are absolutely no positives he brings to this team, only negatives. Getting rid of him won’t solve all our issues, but just because you have cancer doesn’t mean you can’t treat your gonorrhea as well.

Gallant is fine. He's a solid coach. He's not going to make or break this team. There are a handful of humans that can make or break a team as a coach.

But whatever. Fans always rant about the coach and then never push to change anything else.

The fanbase is also a big problem with this team, IMO.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm in the middle, but leaning toward yes. But i don't really think a new coach will make much a difference, but i'm willing to try.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd rather move our owner.

I don't mind Dolan since he tends just to be a money guy, but his brain has been poisoned by Sather. He's always had liquid for brains, but somehow he has glommed onto Sather's ideas and philosophy. It seems like whoever he'd hire would basically be someone Sather vetted or who embraces the same style.

Stuck in the f***ing 80s.

Deleted member 23124

The organization has deep problems when it comes to philosophy, decision making, development, etc. that’s for certain.
I may be in the minority here, but I do believe this is exactly what Gorts and JD were going to do when they convinced The Dolt to commit to a rebuild.

Deleted member 23124

I don't mind Dolan since he tends just to be a money guy, but his brain has been poisoned by Sather. He's always had liquid for brains, but somehow he has glommed onto Sather's ideas and philosophy. It seems like whoever he'd hire would basically be someone Sather vetted or who embraces the same style.

Stuck in the f***ing 80s.
Dolan is more than just a "money guy" -- it only seems that way because he gave Sather the reins and (supposedly) left him alone.

Deleted member 23124

Haha this is so true.

But it could definitely be worse than dolan. Dolan for all his warts isnt a cheapskate. And i would rather have an owner who is willing to spend that a tight wad who counts pennies.
I don't have a problem with him spending.....the problem is HOW he spends.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I don't have a problem with him spending.....the problem is HOW he spends.

Well his spending on the Rangers have definitely been better than the Knicks. So theres that at least.

I mean, we can definitely worse.

For all the shit i give for our coaches, we have still been one of the most successful teams since the the big lockout. Albeit without a cup. So we are spoiled to a point.

But we can definitely do better, and unfortunately we can do worse.

But yeah, f*** gallant.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This is basically the Rangers right now:

Year 1 - Team Mediocre - FIRE COACH - Coach fired

thumb_brainlet-hamster-blank-template-imgflip-48778036.png

Year 2 - New Coach Hired - Team Still Mediocre - AMAZING COACH

Year 3 - Same Coach - Team Still Mediocre - FIRE COACH

Rinse, repeat (change the timeframes if needed). Never do we see real anger towards player development. Yeah, people bitch about the GM, but the GM is always going to follow the same f***ing playbook since this team has basically engrained itself in a very specific push for EVERYONE to be a two-way player. They practice and preach these fundamentals to the point where it is actively harming the development of offensive prospects.

Being a New York sports fan some times really sucks when the teams you root for suffer from actual brain rot from the top down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad