Discussion: Coach Willie Desjardins | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It should be said that MS isn't being hyperbolic there.

I feel I'm actually *understating* how bad it was.

Like, you could have put my 95 y/o grandma behind the bench just rolling the lines over at every whistle and it would have been exactly the same.

The guy reached the playoffs as an NHL head coach and then absconded from doing any coaching or bench management once the puck was dropped. I've never seen anything like it.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
i'm old school. when you get right down to it, i believe bieksa not backing up his chirping finished us. things just fell apart.

that team was a regular season team if ever i have seen one. it had no chance whatever in the playoffs except catching an inexperienced team and killing them early. it failed to do that and the tide turned accordingly.

but by all means blame the coach.

Don't forget how loud the crowd in Calgary was. The Canucks didn't have a chance.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thanks for that!

Sorry about being rough on your Canucks, but honestly, given how the state is. I believe they should consider going into full rebuild-mode (meaning, even how bad that hurts, trading the Sedins as the Flames traded Iginla). Otherwise, I believe the alternative will be to be outside the playoffs spot unless your draft a couple of players who surprise and go in and contribute immediately. Which in turn raise the possibility of other players wanting to sign there.

As we have great examples of with the Oilers (Lucic), Flames (Elliott, Brouwer) and Sabres (Okposo) right now. Outside Elliott, not necessarily players who drive a line, but is highly great complimentary players.

Would you say you agree with the rating of Vancouver? Did we miss anything, to harsh on something?

Feel free to compare up with the other teams, as there surely is things people disagree with (and agree).

I think most Canucks fans would agree with you that we need to blow this thing up and full on rebuild like the Leafs did. I agree right now are strong point is in net. 7/10 is pretty spot on. I actually think Miller is underrated and I hated the signing of him but i thought he actually played pretty well last year with such a BRUTAL team in front of him. Marky too but he is getting recognized

Defense is awful like beyond bad. Three good guys in Tanman Edler and Hutty. Gubranson is a third pair pilon who will be asked to do too much like they did with Sbisa. Larsen/Trammer/Biega are all #7s it looks like but will be asked to be a 6 or even a 4 or 5 with injuries. Yikes. Could make last years defense look like a good one

Offence makes no sense esp now with WIllie going crazy with stupid combos. What a mess

Regarding other teams i have a lot of disagreements but i think its a neat system. Id have Edmonton and Calgary higher and StLouis Montreal and the Rangers lower. But the Rangers missing out is my BOLD prediction for the year

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I can already guess Willie's reponse after Horvat rots as a 4C:

Horvat does well - hey look at me I'm the greatest coach on the planet I created such a great 4C

Horvat doesn't do well - hey look at me I'm the greatest coach on the planet I discovered a bad player who must now earn his from up from 4C.

:facepalm:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Thanks for that!

Sorry about being rough on your Canucks, but honestly, given how the state is. I believe they should consider going into full rebuild-mode (meaning, even how bad that hurts, trading the Sedins as the Flames traded Iginla). Otherwise, I believe the alternative will be to be outside the playoffs spot unless your draft a couple of players who surprise and go in and contribute immediately. Which in turn raise the possibility of other players wanting to sign there.

As we have great examples of with the Oilers (Lucic), Flames (Elliott, Brouwer) and Sabres (Okposo) right now. Outside Elliott, not necessarily players who drive a line, but is highly great complimentary players.

Would you say you agree with the rating of Vancouver? Did we miss anything, to harsh on something?

Feel free to compare up with the other teams, as there surely is things people disagree with (and agree).

Don't be sorry about it, I mean
Everyone with hockey knowledge agrees
It's true
You see it how you see it

I don't agree with some of it, but we are most likely going to suck.

Thanks for the effort.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I think most Canucks fans would agree with you that we need to blow this thing up and full on rebuild like the Leafs did. I agree right now are strong point is in net. 7/10 is pretty spot on. I actually think Miller is underrated and I hated the signing of him but i thought he actually played pretty well last year with such a BRUTAL team in front of him. Marky too but he is getting recognized

Defense is awful like beyond bad. Three good guys in Tanman Edler and Hutty. Gubranson is a third pair pilon who will be asked to do too much like they did with Sbisa. Larsen/Trammer/Biega are all #7s it looks like but will be asked to be a 6 or even a 4 or 5 with injuries. Yikes. Could make last years defense look like a good one

Offence makes no sense esp now with WIllie going crazy with stupid combos. What a mess

Regarding other teams i have a lot of disagreements but i think its a neat system. Id have Edmonton and Calgary higher and StLouis Montreal and the Rangers lower. But the Rangers missing out is my BOLD prediction for the year

I to a point agree with Miller being underrated. He's a bit of a moody or form player though. When he's on, he's hot and otherwise not so much. So, if he sustains that hot streak for further amounts of time, absolutely.

I can see the Oilers and Flames surprise. Don't think the Blues will crash though.

Montreal, possibly. With Price back and Weber in there, I can see them being a lot better defensively, if they can stay healthy. They have a knack of getting key players injured.

I've read several places that many think the Rangers might not qualify for the playoffs. It could happen, but I see a lot possibly underestimating their speed and possible good chemistry among the forwards. They are a bit of a if with some yes'es and some no's.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
See we won tonight despite a coach that has no idea what he's doing. Horvat should not be playing with Burrows and Dorsett, Gaunce should. Horvat carries the play better than anyone but Baertschi.

Last year Sutter was put at RW, why does Granlund need to be at C so bad he looks fine at wing.

The team looks promising despite this donkey but I really really cannot understand how patient Benning can be with him.

Horvat is teh face of the marketing why is he playing with Dorsett.

I don't buy the focusing on his shut down side to his game. If he had scored 25 points last year the idiot coach would just say he needs to contribute more. The coach is literally senile, stupid, blind, whatever. He makes a decision and doesn't adjust it Linden Vey was receiving PP time until he was physically removed from the team.

Bo Horvat will be seen as a checking center until this coach is gone.

and Bo Horvat is a 2c today, with all the potential to score 60 or 70 points, he needs good two way coaching and a cerebral mind to talk hockey to him.

Travis Green, I pray you make it here post haste. Baertschi was even better in Utica with you I can't imagine what kind of top 6 we would have with BO bae permanently.

Fire Willie.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
genius move to put bo with dorsett and burr

not only did they have the best corsi tonight, dorsett got motivated by bo's young enthusiasm to throw a hit and pick up a pp, which in turn motivated the rest of the team for the comeback win

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I haven't followed the Canucks at all this offseason because I can't stand the management and coaching of this team. I just watched the game with my family and found out Bo is on the 4th line with Dorsett and Burrows. Literally why? Even if you want him playing defensive matchups, put him with Hansen and Baertschi. Hansen is a better player than Burrows offensively and equal defensively IMO at this stage in their careers. Baertschi is also better both offensively and defensively than Dorsett.

Meanwhile, we paid a ****ing premium for a defensive C in Sutter, just to put Horvat on the 4th line to play tough defensive minutes. Why?

WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad